PDA

View Full Version : Rossi 92 45LC

jonp
09-21-2013, 01:41 PM
So my sweetie was feeling a little under the weather. I took the truck to the dump and stopped a few towns over to take a look at a new gunshop. On the shelf was a Rossi 45LC, used. hmmm...Just for kicks I asked to look at it. Looked brand new as in 100 rounds or less with no scratches, dings or anything. It had a 20in barrel.
"uh..hey, how much just curious"
"$350"
"oh.." I handed it back to him over the counter.
"Tell ya what, give me $325 cash and I'll knock off the sales tax"
"$325 out the door"?
"yeah, there's an atm just down the street"
uh....Guess what just came home with me? hehehe.....:bigsmyl2:

One question: Which would ease this new family edition into the door easier, flowers or chocolates?

ozo
09-21-2013, 01:48 PM
" flowers or chocolates?"---jonp

.....both, and a nice piece of jewelry ! [teehee]

ben lurkin
09-21-2013, 01:56 PM
The old two gun case trick is usually the best way to ease the new arrival into the house.

(For those not familiar, one of the two cases is empty when you leave the house).

joec
09-21-2013, 03:27 PM
I've had the 20" oct. barrel model for a couple of years now and love it in 45 Colt. I've shot up to 250 to 325 gr cast bullets through this gun using everything from black powder to Lil'Gun. Never been sorry about the purchase new in the box came to $437 including the 6% sales tax out the door in 2011. I've since got the Steve Gunz tune kit with DVD, stainless mag spring from The Smith Shop, Gunslinger springs from Brownells and refinished the wood using Birchwood Casey's stock refinishing kit. I also added sights from Steve Gunz site as well. The gun not only looks great it shoots great.

Beagle333
09-21-2013, 03:53 PM
Use the old "Loaned it to a friend" (co-worker, cousin, etc) ploy.
"Look Honey! Gene just got his busted rifle fixed and he finally gave me my ol' Rossi back." :bigsmyl2:

olereb
09-21-2013, 04:01 PM
Just leave it in the truck till you can smuggle it into the safe and then they never know its a new one,works for me atleast:bigsmyl2:

jonp
09-21-2013, 05:10 PM
Ok...plan B. I did a drive by of the house then circled back to the gunshop and bought her a 12 gauge pump with a pistol grip and ghost rings. Showed up and it was like
"hey look what I bought you"!
"Awww, thanks...what's in your other hand"?
"nothunnnnnn" hehehe

runfiverun
09-21-2013, 07:51 PM
I think a 4 cavity 452664 mold would ease things along better.....just sayin.

220swiftfn
09-22-2013, 03:02 AM
Nice, and if it's an Interarms one without the bolt safety, REALLY NICE!!!!! The one that I have (Interarms 24" rifle 1/2 round, 1/2 octagonal) likes (and feeds) the RCBS 45-270-SAA crimped in the groove for an OAL of @ 1.655", so don't write off trying it in yours if you have that mold..... In mine I just had to make sure that the cartridge guides were to the rear and parallel.

Dan

NWFLYJ
09-22-2013, 04:06 PM
I've had the 20" oct. barrel model for a couple of years now and love it in 45 Colt. I've shot up to 250 to 325 gr cast bullets through this gun using everything from black powder to Lil'Gun. Never been sorry about the purchase. I've since got the Steve Gunz tune kit with DVD, stainless mag spring from The Smith Shop, I also added sights from Steve Gunz site as well. The gun not only looks great it shoots great.

+1 love that gun.

olereb
09-22-2013, 04:15 PM
Like mentioned get the Steve Gunz video and kit,i did it to mine and its slick as can be now and works great. Besides doing those mods/deburring the only thing left that I am going to do is get skinner sights.

NWFLYJ
09-22-2013, 04:37 PM
If you want to slick it up I would part with my dvd. PM me if interested. Mark

snuffy
09-23-2013, 07:31 PM
I've got one TOO! It's a nice rifle. Not AS nice as a Uberti(SP?), or even a winchester, but still it's well done and functional.

I've fed it everything that I cast for my 45 acp. It eats everything I've tried so far, even broke the golden rule here, loaded some jaxeted!?

Me and iron sights are a thing of the long lost past, so I'm happy with 2" groups @ 25yds. My only lever gun, my only other LG was a Marlin in 35 Remington, I traded it, to my never ending lament. Even had a partner hand cannon in a 14" contender. Both are gone, wish I still had them.

jonp
09-23-2013, 07:42 PM
Well, I loaded up some 260gr boolits over 8gr Unique just to give it a try. Went out to the backyard and fired a shot into the backstop and across the field next to a pond in the middle a nice whitetail pops up and runs off.
Guess it's kismet.