PDA

View Full Version : Sporterizing Kale Turk Stage #1

Newtire
10-27-2007, 05:20 PM
I almost baulked but went ahead and sent my Turk Mauser bolt off for turning down & this guy does such great work I have to tell about it.
Jack Hamrick
jhamrickcustom@yahoo.com

My computer is in the twilight zone and this harddrive won't let me save or use photo programs or much else for that matter. The new one hasn't got the cable connection software installed or i would send a picture. He sells on E-bay once in awhile and so far has done 2-bolts for me. I can't say anything about the other stuff he does but if this is any indication...Wow!

If this isn't appropriate to post, sorry and delete it but for those looking for a guy to do their bolt job, this would be the one I'd go to.

Now do I really want to go with an 8mm-06? I kind of like the way this thing shoots as it is in 8X57. No way, sounds interesting though. Too many calibers, not enough time off from work.

Ricochet
10-27-2007, 05:57 PM
It's hard to beat the good old 8x57.

Newtire
10-27-2007, 06:33 PM
Yeah Ric,

Especially for shooting cast like I do. Only reason I would want to go the 8mm-06 route would be maybe if the few extra FPS really meant something...and it don't to me. I plan on mounting a scope for now. It seems plenty accurate in the military stock and it kind of grows on me. I have this unfinished Bishop Sporter Stock I bought 25 yrs. ago at a yard sale for $8.00. It has been calling to me...

Char-Gar
10-27-2007, 07:10 PM
My Persian 98/29 project rifle is in the end stages. The stock is done and the metal is at Accurate Plating and Weaponry for finish. The barrel is the original primo still in 8X57. I thought about an 8-06 for about ten minutes, but gave the idea up.

The old 8X57 when loaded to Euro Spec is plenty of rifle and I doubt the 8-06 version will produce much improvment in real world shooting.

The stock is AA grade Black Wanut from Fajen I have had around the house since about 1959.

I had "The Bolt Man" bend my bolt and he did a great job.