PDA

View Full Version : 10mm lube

lukewmtdew
09-19-2013, 11:37 AM
I cast some 200 gr bullets now I need to decide on a lube I read a bunch of posts that say beeswax I got 7 lb from a local apiary (pretty site he used a solar seperator? Might need to simmer this wax on water? I have the usual yellow wax and some darker stuff) now just need other stuff to mix in was thinking vaseline / 2 stroke oil(I have valvoline) any suggestions on ratios? I'd like this to be a deer hunting bullet the temps I would be hunting in are 15-60 lol (every year is diff) I just pray for snow I'll be pan lubing these

Oreo
09-19-2013, 11:47 AM
You could try making Speed Green if you have Bullplate sprue lube on hand. If not, a good synthetic 2 cycle oil can be substituted for the bull plate. I think the recipe is equal parts by weight bees wax / bullplate. Add some carnuba to stiffen it up if needed. Double check all that though. My memory may mislead.

fryboy
09-22-2013, 01:40 PM
ummm ratios of oil to wax usually run between 3 to 1 to 4 to 1 ( wax/oil ) various greases run closer to 50/50 , the variable depends upon how hard or soft one wishes their lube and that varies amongst us ,some in part to our particular clime and some to mere preference , mixing a lube a lil harder or softer usually doesnt affect the lube too much so ...have fun and happy shooting !!

lukewmtdew
09-22-2013, 06:10 PM
Thanks guys!

lukewmtdew
09-26-2013, 08:50 PM
Is that moly/beeswax a good start for a beginner?

Whistler
09-27-2013, 03:31 PM
Molybdendisulfide lithium grease mixed with equal parts beeswax is a great beginner, intermediate and advanced shooters lube. It doesn't need a heater and it works at both low, medium and high velocities and pressures in both pistols, revolvers and rifles.

It does not work when panlubing however.

lukewmtdew
09-27-2013, 04:51 PM
Boo!!1