PDA

View Full Version : AMMOLOAD brass

blackbike
09-18-2013, 02:22 PM
Any body see or know anything about this brass with a head stamp (AMMOLOAD), it has an insert in the bottom that looks kinda like a gas check with a flash hole in it?
Came in a box marked `FREEDOM MUNITIONS`
This box was 9mm-115gr.
Thanks, bb

Blammer
09-18-2013, 10:41 PM
yes, I have some I disected the ammo and cut the piece of brass in half and looked at it.

the brass was FORMED that way, it is not an insert if you will.

shoots good.

I'd be careful on load development with it as I suspect is has smaller internal capacity which if on the top end may affect things.

the brass has a thicker web area so it can be safely shot in any unsupported chamber is my theory.

ReloaderFred
09-19-2013, 01:44 AM
The first brass I saw with the internal step to prevent bullet setback was the Federal and Blazer .380 Auto brass. It's really kind of ingenious, from the factory's standpoint, since they're loading just one bullet length in that caliber, and they've eliminated the setback problem in the small case.

I don't know if that was AmmoLoad's intention, but it would serve the same purpose, as long as the bullet loaded was the proper length.

If you try to load a longer bullet than the factory, and to the same OAL, you'll end up with a big bulge where the step is in the case. Ask me how I know?

Hope this helps.

Fred

blackbike
09-21-2013, 11:41 AM
Yea they will have to be culled![smilie=b:
I sell them to the unsupported chamber pistol crowd.
Thanks, bb