PDA

View Full Version : What kind of Air Guns do you have?

W.R.Buchanan
09-17-2013, 05:08 PM
OK guys lets get this thread going by posting pics of your airguns. It doesn't matter how good or how weak or how new or old they are, it's all about shooting bb's and pellets.

Here's my two primary guns.

The one on the left is a Weihrauch HW35 which was the predecessor of the Beeman R1, I just looked the name up to verify spelling and found out they still make the gun, and it looks pretty much the same as mine does but for different wood in the stock. I bought mine in 1976, and it is .177 cal. It is a "Break Barrel Cocker with a breach lock that insures that the barrel repeats it's position every time it is cocked.

The other gun is my Beeman/Weihrauch HW 77 in .22cal. It is an Under Lever gun, meaning there is a lever under the barrel that cocks the gun. Looks like a tube fed .22.

It is my goto "in town varmint rifle" and has accounted for no less than 300 Mocking Birds! My wife bought it for me as a birthday present since the Mocking Birds that I was shooting at with the .177 were getting smarter and staying out of range.

The first death was recorded at an even 40 yards! and many, many, more followed. We lived in town at the time and across the 126 Freeway from the Ventura Govt. Center which was infested with MB's. As soon as I'd kill one, 3 others would show up the next day to claim the territory. They died shortly there after as well. 3-5 a week for many years.

Needless to say I have a deep seated hatred for these creatures, and they are a shoot on sight varmint. I always wondered what they would do if I showed up at the Local Sheriffs station with a bag full of these things. There is a .05 apiece bounty on them that has never been taken off the books in Ventura. Technically they'd have to pay me for them.

Luckily for the species, our place in Ojai has a large population of Blue Jays which keep MB's away completely.

These two guns have many thousands of rounds thru them, they are deadly accurate, and hit hard. A hit on a Dove sized bird at 50 yards is easy off a rest, and I have never had anything fly away after being hit with either of these guns.

Velocity of the .22 is a consistent 625-626 fps, and the .177 is about 700 fps.

Beeman Pellets and H&N Pellets are the best. I somewhere have an Ace of Clubs that has 10 shots thru the same hole that I shot at 33ft in my hallway/living room (when I was single!) and the accuracy of these guns is never in question.

If you miss ,,, then "you" missed, the gun never misses.

Randy

Artful
09-17-2013, 05:13 PM
Currently a china side cocker .177
- the one I miss was a Walther .177 barrel cocker I traded to the preacher for a ceremony that was worth every bit of that old Egyptian training rifle.

roachcreek
09-17-2013, 06:30 PM
I have 5 air guns.

Two that are BB guns, one is a recoiling copy of a 1911, the other a Russian machinegun, it shoots 1200 RPM on HPA and has a 400 round magazine and shoots around 625 FPS, it will chew through a 2x4 and it is not your daddy's Daisy.

I have what is said to be the most attractive PCP air rifle made, and incidentally the first FX rifle produced, they were made in grade 3 and grade 4 Walnut, it is the 8 shot 22 FX Tarantula, it is superbly accurate and will group under an inch at 100 yards.

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af343/chbartlemay/CIMG2346_zps4eb8284d.jpg (http://s1022.photobucket.com/user/chbartlemay/media/CIMG2346_zps4eb8284d.jpg.html)

Next is my rifle I used for the 615 yard shot that you have seen a lot of the Haley 257 Scandalous.

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af343/chbartlemay/CIMG1694_zps606e3cf8.jpg (http://s1022.photobucket.com/user/chbartlemay/media/CIMG1694_zps606e3cf8.jpg.html)

And last and most powerful is the Ranger 45 still produced in 45, 58 and rifled 12 gauge with a two year wait.

http://i1022.photobucket.com/albums/af343/chbartlemay/CIMG1351_zps70d98c77.jpg (http://s1022.photobucket.com/user/chbartlemay/media/CIMG1351_zps70d98c77.jpg.html)

I make my own air to fill my 4500 PSI tanks, so I am mostly into PCP air rifles and have owned many FX, Air Arms and AirForce rifles, I have only owned one springer, a 100 year old BSA Improved Mdl D, classy rilfe, but it taught me that I don't want a 2nd springer.

MT Chambers
09-17-2013, 07:15 PM
I really like that tarantula, classic looks in an airgun, I'm a computer/camera putz and don't know how to post pics!

roachcreek
09-17-2013, 08:04 PM
Get a photobucket account and download some. Then I will walk you thru the process.

Win94ae
09-17-2013, 08:40 PM
Does a daisy bb gun count?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSm06mEE8Po

Gunslinger1911
09-17-2013, 08:50 PM
Sweet ! An air gun section ! Started as a kid with the usual - Daisy lever BB, then a Crosman 760.

Got back into air guns as an adult: Webly Tempest (springer) .177 was first; Baikal 46M .177(single stroke pneumatic) (before the price went thru the roof); and my baby, FWB 300 match (recoilless springer). As a post above said - if you miss, it's YOUR fault lol kids used to shoot empty 22 lr cases at 30 yds .

I have pix of all my "powder" guns - I'll have to take some of these and post.

Marvin S
09-17-2013, 08:51 PM
Mod 48 RWS, one of them gamo co2 586 look alikes and a 1377 Crosman.

TCLouis
09-17-2013, 09:36 PM
Couple of Chinwerkbaows, two under levers and one side lever. The best one recently blew one of the internal seals and I have not built the spring compressor to get it open to find what I need for a replacement

One more underlever (Compasseco 36) that had a pin drop out while i was refinishing the stock and have never figured out the correct location and combo of parts. Best shooting, most power and most accurate of the Chinwerkbaows.

IF Compasseco was still open their were always very helpful and could talk me through it.

Recently bought a Winchester 100/1028? and will have to say a few things about it, but first all the Winchester folks and workers that had anything to do with the trigger on this gun should go to Japan to learn an ancient ritual and then do the honorable thing with a knife.

A cheap PLASTIC trigger the heaviest grittiest trigger pull I have ever touched, it makes a modern chinese SKS feel smooth and light.

Plenty of power and it sure does teach me trigger control and strengthen my trigger finger

Grackles and cowbirds are gone for the season so except for a couple of yard squirrels that I plan to convert to meal for a person I know, all the targets are gone til spring.

Well a Benamin Discovery and Hatsan 44 Long have taken up residence it seems.

Bot 22 and both great shooters.

Air supply makes them somewhat problematic, but they do perform with the pellets they like. Pumping 2000 psi for the Disco is a little effort, but 3000 for the Hatsan gets ones attention.

W.R.Buchanan
09-17-2013, 10:00 PM
Guys we need pics. Pics make the guns come alive. It takes only a minute to snap a pic of a gun and post it on the thread.

MORE PICS!!! We can't live vicariously thru words.

Randy

Southern Son
09-18-2013, 02:45 AM
My first air rifle was my first gun. Mum bought it for me at a church fete for a couple of dollars. It had a note on it saying that it was broken and couldn't fire. Mum thought that rather than buying me more plastic guns to play with (I was seven at the time and kept breaking them), she could buy this and it would last longer. Just in case, she got dad to look it over before she gave it to me. Dad looked at it, cocked the barrel (it was a break barrel spring piston), pulled the trigger, and the rifle went crack. I still remember thinking "Mum won't let me have that now." Dad took the rifle and I thought that was the end of that. A couple of days later dad grabbed the rifle and lead me into the back yard where he produced a box of pellets. I was so excited fitting a pellet into the rifle was a challenge. Some of my best memories are of my dad sitting (my dad lost his right leg long before I was born and he used to get around on crutches), on a stool in the back yard, cocking that air rifle (it was too much for a 7 year old), then handing it back to me so I could load and fire it. All he got out of it was when his beer ran out, I would have to run up into the house to get him another.That air rifle was a Gecado Model 22.

When I was about 13, I came home to find a box on the floor of the lounge room. Being a smart kid (hardly), I knew it wasn't Christmas or my birthday, so I asked "What's that?" My dad, knowing my limitations, replied "It looks like a box." Dad had seen that I had outgrown the Gecado, and bought me a Norica M80.

Compaired to the Gecado, that thing was a bazooka. It was then envy of all my mates. Me and my mates would shoot in our backyards every weekend. We would go through hundreds of pellets (lucky dad was buying them in bulk at K-Mart).

Dad died a couple of years ago and mum told me to go through his shed and take whatever I wanted. I was so happy to find the Gecado in there. It would not be worth $5.00, but I could not sell it for a million dollars.

Sorry for rambling on and on, but like I said, some of my best memories while growing up involved those two air rifles.

Lead Fred
09-18-2013, 03:54 AM
Got two:

Crossman 2286, 22cal pistol with snap on butt stock. It has been fully modded.

Sheridan Silver Streak, 20 cal, made in 1973. Rebuild & restored by me a few months ago.

NoZombies
09-18-2013, 04:01 AM
Unfortunately I don't have any of the airguns from my youth. I have plans to replace them with reasonable facsimile's at some point, but haven't gotten there yet.

For the time being, here's what I've got

Crosman 120 in .22 caliber:

Benjamin in .20 caliber (needs a reseal kit..):

Gamo shadow express .22 smoothbore air shotgun:

German pre-war "Tell II" in .177 caliber:

And a Tranquilizer gun in .50 caliber rifled:

The Tell II is an interesting air pistol, being only a little over 5" long with the spring piston surrounding the barrel. One was apparently found on a captured german sub in WWII. I've had fun shooting my example with .177 darts.

The Gamo air rifle uses little plastic shot "shells" that are fairly easily reload able. I have a lifetime supply of #12 shot, and find that it gives better patterns than the factory loaded shells with #9, range is limited anyways, so I load the shells with #12. It will also shoot a .22 pellet, but I have only done so a few times, since I have the crosman that shoots them more accurately.

The TRanquilizer gun was purchased on a whim. I have darts, but have never fired it. It uses 2 of the 12 gram CO2 cartridges to fire the darts.

Pakprotector
09-18-2013, 06:24 AM
I started out in 1978 with a Sheridan C...and in '06 got back into things with a 5mm Diana 34. Then that languished for a while and I got another 5mm springer, the Beeman RX2 and things took off. I replaced my old 'Dan with another, and sent it off to Tim McMurray for the full Steroid treatment, including the extended pump arm. That puppy makes reliable cloverleaves at 30 yards and used it for FT competition. Then I got a 22 Marauder and it was Game On! Then a 25 Marauder...and things got even more silly. The 25 is now shooting 50 gr cast boolits at 95 FPE, and there is more to be had in terms of both efficiency and power. I built an adapter to fit a 500cc tank to replace the airtube( I like the bottle gun look ). The bottle kit should be done soon, and the next ones will get in on that action also...not to mention a few other dedicated AG nuts.

The 22 cal will get a significant make-over too with a TJ Hornet liner in .224 and a powerplant as big as the 25's. I am at 6 molds and counting, three in each caliber with more to come as I find them. Once I get the 22's powerplant sorted, the 25 will likely turn into a .257 as I head for 140 FPE and maybe a 400 yard pop can. I have also built a light Marauder in 20 cal with a LW barrel. It makes 65, 20 FPE shots and is deadly in FT and BR competitions when I am doing well enough to match its capability. Then I need another 25 for use with pellets...lol And....
cheers,
Douglas

Baja_Traveler
09-18-2013, 10:31 AM
My tack driver is this RWS 75 that I just recently had rebuilt. I literally shoot flies off the back fence at 50 feet with it...

My hunting rifle is my Benjamin Discovery. Its killed more squirrels and rats than I can count. It will probably be replaced next year with a Marauder .25...

nekshot
09-18-2013, 10:50 AM
First I want to thank the powers that be for adding this airgun section! Sorry I don't have a picture of my first and only air gun but it was a crossman 760 pump that shot shot bb and 177 pellets. I have no idea how many sparrows fell to it but in all honesty I learned to shoot and hunt with that gun. I traded it for a bike after I got access to a 22. I want to get another air rifle and I am all ears. I have been entertaining liquidating some of the herd and major on air power.

Pakprotector
09-18-2013, 10:52 AM
I thought I was safe from D75 pics...now I am getting the 'I want one' shakes again...lol Those things are just too much fun.
cheers,
Douglas

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-18-2013, 11:41 AM
I've owned alot of the chinese stuff, and a few others...all sold now, except these two pictured below.
one .177 and the other .22 RWS Diana mod. 54 Air King, recoilless.
once I shot one of these, I started selling all the others.

Dime sized 10 shot groups at 20 yards...Off hand.
If I hit the hard part of a squirrel's skull at over 20 yards with a 22 cal CrowMagnum pellet, it won't penetrate, but it'll make quite a "slapping" sound...and dead squirrel !

I bought the .177 new in about 1994, added the bushnell sportview air rifle AO scope and the minimag light setup...enough light for a scope in the dead of night for a 20 yard shot...longer distance if the critter's eyes light up.

a couple years later I seen this used .22 with Burris 3x9x40 advertised in a small personal ad [at about 1/3 of new $$, minus the scope] in "shotgun news" or "gunlist". I called the same day the paper arrived. I bet that guy was swamped with calls.

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu127/JonB_in_Glencoe/both54_zpse41d796a.jpg (http://s640.photobucket.com/user/JonB_in_Glencoe/media/both54_zpse41d796a.jpg.html)

Here is closeup of maglight switch and mount.

http://i640.photobucket.com/albums/uu127/JonB_in_Glencoe/closeupofmaglite_zpsd831e06c.jpg (http://s640.photobucket.com/user/JonB_in_Glencoe/media/closeupofmaglite_zpsd831e06c.jpg.html)

Hamish
09-18-2013, 01:37 PM

Gamo .177, keeping my ears open on what .22 to buy. Had a lot of fun learning to do the snakeskin paint job. Accuracy is ok, but, I have to wonder just how accurate a break-barrel can be.

Ohio Rusty
09-18-2013, 06:29 PM
A Crosman Vantage and a Feinwerkbau, both .177.
Ohio Rusty ><>

Ohio Rusty
09-18-2013, 06:33 PM
A Cosman Vantage and a Feinwerkbau, both .177.

Ohio Rusty ><>

country gent
09-18-2013, 08:21 PM
I have a rws side cocker in 177 caliber but am really curious about the 25 and 45 cal air rifles shown here also.

HARRYMPOPE
09-18-2013, 09:03 PM
I am.quite fond of my TX 200 .177 though my tuned RWS 34 .22 was also quite an accurate piece.

uncle joe
09-18-2013, 09:13 PM
you guys are making me feel out of place with my new Ruger I bought last week. My first one was a daisy pump. The Ruger says it shoots 1200 fps and I don't doubt it it sounds like a 22lr going off.

Pakprotector
09-18-2013, 09:37 PM
you guys are making me feel out of place with my new Ruger I bought last week. My first one was a daisy pump. The Ruger says it shoots 1200 fps and I don't doubt it it sounds like a 22lr going off.

Let me suggest some heavier, LEAD ammo. JSB Heavies at 10+ grains ought to do the trick, though I suspect even their Exact at 8.44 will stay adequately sub-sonic too.
cheers,
Douglas

Gunslinger1911
09-18-2013, 11:28 PM

First is Webly Tempest .177 - got it back in the 80's to teach kids to shoot
Second is Baikal 46M - got it a few years ago - right before the price went crazy
Last is baby, FWB 300 Match - absolute laser - a miss is your fault

gmsharps
09-19-2013, 01:45 AM
I also have a Feinwerbau 300 but with a left hand stock. It is the most accurate air rifle I have ever seen. Not much on power but I do not need that.

gmsharps

W.R.Buchanan
09-21-2013, 07:38 PM
I "had" an FWB300 but like and idiot I traded it to my dentist for a gold crown. Like the man said if you miss, it was your fault!

Most frustrating gun to shoot I ever owned. However it was also the most satisfying gun to shoot. Absolute clock work piece of machinery.

It was in fact a laser.

Just to give you an idea of how good these things are, the factory stated action life of one of these guns was told to be 6,000,000 rounds!

Trading it was one of my stupider moves in life. Although I do still have the gold and maybe I could find another one for what that gold crown is worth now ?

It's not in my mouth anymore.

Randy

Multigunner
09-22-2013, 10:52 PM
Only really special air gun I own, and its actually a CO2 powered gun, is my S&W 78g in .22 caliber.
Extremely well made, one of the early production though with non adjustable trigger.
Good history on this one. A old friend, now deceased, found it buried in mud on the lake bottom. It had been there long enough that all the finish on the slide had peeled off, but it still worked.
Later on I had to order a replacement valve from Numrich arms, but it was worth it.
Excellent accuracy and finely made fully adjustable rear sight.

I painted the bare slide first with glossy epoxy paint as a base coat, then later added a baked on coat of outdoor flat black enamel. After buffing the finish matched the original finish of the frame perfectly.

Other than that I have a few mid level Crosman and Daisy 177 pellet rifles. Nothing to brag about but all are good shooters. Also a few other CO2 pistols by Crosman and GAMO, and a Walther PPKS BB repeater.
I don't use these to hunt, just backyard plinking and pest control. The rifles are capable of dime sized groups at 25 yards with Beeman wadcutter pellets.

I have several air soft guns as well. My favorites are the UHC 1911 and M9. I have a couple of now worn out airsoft long guns that I use as part of my Halloween displays, a 1928 Thompson and an M4 carbine.

Of airguns I used to own. A Benjamin .22 was probably the best. I traded it in on a .22 rimfire rifle, bad trade all considered. I just got tired of pumping it up.
A Daisy/Rodgers .177 bb piston powered pistol , the old style, and when very young there was one of the .118 caliber all steel originals once used as parlor pistols, to rusted up to fire but good as a non firing toy gun. Various lever or pump Daisy bb rifles.

I appreciate the ingenious designs of these older air guns much more now than I did back then.

xringdave
09-28-2013, 12:51 PM
I like the old crosman c02 pistols and shotguns.

Hip's Ax
09-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Glad to see this section! I'm only a target shooter but I adore air rife competition. Camera is packed away so I found these 2 photos on the web. Top is an RWS 75 that I bought a couple of decades ago and had it gone over by Diana before they left NJ. About 10 years ago I lucked onto the Wather LG300, I have been using this air rifle in competition ever since. Where ever the hole is in the target is exactly where the air rife was pointed when the trigger broke.

W.R.Buchanan
09-28-2013, 02:58 PM
82989[/ATTACH]

Yes, the real Target Air Rifles, and Pistols for that matter, are pretty much like this. And what is amazing is if you put the gun in a vise and fired it repeatedly, you would find there is only one hole in the target.

The consistency comes from reducing the number of variables that the gun develops. In the case of these current target guns the pellet velocity is controlled to about +/-.1 of a foot per second ! IE; it is the same for every shot.

The only other gun related variable is the condition of the pellet you put in the barrel each time, and match pellets are packaged so that they don't touch one another so for all intents and purposes they are perfect.

It is easy to see how these guns will shoot thru the same hole indefinitely. Those Germans figured out all of the variables and dealt with each one decisively.

That 's how they roll.

Randy

MT Chambers
09-28-2013, 07:19 PM
Well I don't have anything like that beauty!! For PCPs I have a Daystate Huntsman XL in .22, a AirArms S510 xtra walnut in .25, and the Daystate Wolverine in .303...For springers, I have a RWS 34 and 52, both in .177.

lancem
09-29-2013, 10:09 AM
Beeman R10 in .177, had it so long I don't remember when I got it, I do think I traded a S&W Mod 39 for it though. Do remember using it to dispatch Raccoons out of the garden years ago.

Alan in GA
09-29-2013, 10:50 AM
Guess I've had about a thousand if you count the ones I repaired for the owners, but just a guess. I repaired airguns for about 8 years and then stopped....had enough fun. I have a few now that I enjoy: a Beeman R9/177 Limited Edition [blue/gray laminate stock] with Leupold 3x-9xEFR, and a Marauder 25 [pcp gun], a couple of CZ 631s. Several Daisy's that are for youngsters that come and want to plant BB's into the woods [plink].
I sure enjoyed repairing and meeting/talking with some great airgunsmiths, a few that are gone now [Paul Landrith in Texas]. They repaired LONG before I did and were always kind in offering me 'tips' when doing surgery on difficult airguns.
Tom Gaylord and his wife Edith published a monthy newsletter for 8 years that was possibly THE BEST literature on airguns. Reading Tom's 'how to' articles is probably what helped me start into repair.
Repairing airguns was quite the fun hobby.
Favorites that come to mind: the Benjamin 312, a 22 pump with walnut stock and 'tootsie roll' forend; my tuned R9 - in fact any spring piston gun is SO much nicer when 'tuned' which usually means a custom spring guide lathe turned from Delrin and then using custom [high quality] lubricants when reassembling.
This Marauder in 25 is really a great gun EXCEPT for the bulkiness and WEIGHT of the stock. Some have made custom light weight stocks that look to be a worthwhile improvement.
I enjoyed working and having, for a time, many airguns...they were all FUN! : )

bitterman
10-01-2013, 07:09 PM
I only have 4 airguns

Diana Model 48 in .177 and my sons qb78d here

This was my dad .. was built in Aug 1968. Its a FWB Model 65

This is my .308 airgun that shoots softcast. Right now its tuned for 68 grain Mr Hollow Points at about 940fps

W.R.Buchanan
10-02-2013, 01:29 PM
I have wanted an FWB65 for about 40 years. Every once in a while I see one at a gun show, usually when I don't have any money.

The mechanism is very similar to the FWB 300 Target Rifles. IE side lever with a ratchet. Absolutely beautiful airguns.

Randy

Iron Mike Golf
10-03-2013, 12:57 PM
I have several. I'll have to make pics.

Crosman 1377 and 1322. I put steel breeches on them and custom wood on the .177
Remington badged Crosman NP .22
Diana 350 Mag .177
Beeman P17 that needs new seals
Crosman 38C .22 and 38T .177
Umarex Colt Defender

Multigunner
10-03-2013, 10:04 PM
I have several. I'll have to make pics.

Crosman 1377 and 1322. I put steel breeches on them and custom wood on the .177
Remington badged Crosman NP .22
Diana 350 Mag .177
Beeman P17 that needs new seals
Crosman 38C .22 and 38T .177
Umarex Colt Defender

I still have my old Crossman 38C .22. It needs a few parts and the barrel liner got lost.
I've been meaning to try to find parts for it and put it back in firing condition.
The fully adjustable rear sight on these is amazing for a medium quality CO2 pistol.
It was very deadly on rats.

metalbender
10-03-2013, 11:10 PM
Count me in. My warmed up Crosman 2240. I get bored in the winter up here. Needed something to plink in the garage with. Started out with a couple of pumpers but it got old fast.
http://i952.photobucket.com/albums/ae4/metalbendr/IMG_2232.jpg (http://s952.photobucket.com/user/metalbendr/media/IMG_2232.jpg.html)

Shooter6br
10-04-2013, 01:57 PM
For pest control (max 20 yrds) This suits me fine. Leapers 5 th generation 3x9 scope83444

Shooter6br
10-04-2013, 02:10 PM
Nice pistol easy to replace valve 83446

W.R.Buchanan
10-04-2013, 07:50 PM
Multigunner: Try Pyramid Air for your parts. If they don't have them they can direct you to those who do.

Randy

Multigunner
10-05-2013, 12:40 AM
Multigunner: Try Pyramid Air for your parts. If they don't have them they can direct you to those who do.

Randy

I contacted the fellow who runs the Old red Barn airgun site years ago. He emailed a parts list.
He keeps a few relic guns to strip for parts.
I can make the cylinder pawl, and the barrel liner, but the heavy brass valve body has stripped threads at the inlet. I'll have to rethread that and make a new nut with oversize threads.
I already replaced the gas tube which appeared to have worn through on one side due to some contact with a moving part. The internal seals I'll have to get from Crosman I suppose.

When I rebuilt my S&W 78g I found a new replacement valve stem at Numrich arms, they may have the parts I need for the Crosman.

BCB
10-05-2013, 04:38 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/xpwup2.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/5dm25u.jpg

Benjamin Marauder 22…

The quarter is a 50 yard shot…

Cast boolits are for affect as that is what this site is all about…

Good-luck…BCB

Freightman
10-05-2013, 05:38 PM
I have this Beeman RS2 Sportsman cheap but accurate has two barrels .117/.22 it is fun and deadly on squirrels.

Shooter6br
10-05-2013, 07:08 PM
My 760 was a birthday present at age * Still shoots. I am 57 now.........Do the math.....(49 years old never repaired)

Andyd
10-06-2013, 12:48 AM
I have a few old FWB 300S and a 150.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z159/Andyd173/DSCF4819.jpg

A Weihrauch 35 and 35E
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z159/Andyd173/DSCI0009.jpg

I enjoy the FWB 65 more than the Walther LP53
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z159/Andyd173/LP65001.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z159/Andyd173/9df435d6.jpg

or its copy, the Predom Lucznik
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z159/Andyd173/DSCI1067.jpg

Andyd
10-06-2013, 12:50 AM
Here is a Haenel 49a and an Anschütz 275 in 4.4mm No.9 lead ball. They are repeaters.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z159/Andyd173/lg001.jpg

A chinese trainer
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z159/Andyd173/DSCI1598.jpg

HW 40
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z159/Andyd173/HW40PCA002.jpg

Tex 3
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z159/Andyd173/Tex3001.jpg

RWS/Diana
http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z159/Andyd173/DSCF4748.jpg

W.R.Buchanan
10-06-2013, 01:21 PM
The only one I see missing is an FWB 124? You got just about every other good one that was ever made.

Well done on that collection!

Can I have the top FWB300? I had one but it got traded to my dentist for a gold crown.

Randy

dtknowles
10-06-2013, 02:11 PM
Guys we need pics. Pics make the guns come alive. It takes only a minute to snap a pic of a gun and post it on the thread.

MORE PICS!!! We can't live vicariously thru words.

Randy

I don't see the point of taking or posting pictures of my Career Ultra or any of my other air rifles, pictures are all over the web I don't own any air gun that you can't buy today. The sellers have much better pictures than I take.

Tim

W.R.Buchanan
10-06-2013, 04:27 PM
DT: it's all about people liking to look at pictures on a thread. 1 picture is worth a thousand words. It keeps the thread going and increases awareness of the subject while keeping readers interested in the subject.

I have quite a few long running threads here at Cast Boolits. All of them are picture intensive.

I don't care if all you shoot is a Daisy BB gun, it's not about how expensive your gun is, or how many you have.

It's all about ginning up interest in the sport. :mrgreen:

If people see a pic of that old Daisy BB gun in the corner they might just go over and pick up their old gun and start shooting it.

People just like to look at pictures, it makes them feel good.

Randy

Andyd
10-06-2013, 11:13 PM
The only one I see missing is an FWB 124? You got just about every other good one that was ever made.

Well done on that collection!

Can I have the top FWB300? I had one but it got traded to my dentist for a gold crown.

Randy

Thanks,

no FWB 124 but I had two FWB 65s and another FWB 80. I gave one 65 and the 80 to my kids, I kept the old, well worn 65 with the adjustable grips. I also gave the FWB 150 and two of the 300S's away.

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z159/Andyd173/FWB6580.jpg

http://i189.photobucket.com/albums/z159/Andyd173/Airgunresults001.jpg

W.R.Buchanan
10-07-2013, 06:41 PM
I'm available if you are looking to give away another FWB300.. I'd love to have another one, and I would actually take care of it.

Randy

detox
10-08-2013, 01:24 PM
My favorite is the Marauder PCP Air Pistol (.22 cal) with shoulder stock. I have one of the first 100 produced with numbered certficate. I use a scuba tank to charge, but you can also purchase the bicycle type foot pump from Crosman. Very accurate and fun gun.

BCB
10-08-2013, 05:27 PM
My favorite is the Marauder PCP Air Pistol (.22 cal) with shoulder stock. I have one of the first 100 produced with numbered certficate. I use a scuba tank to charge, but you can also purchase the bicycle type foot pump from Crosman. Very accurate and fun gun.

Are you able to find scuba tanks that are rated at 4500 psi?...

Can you find them used?...

No 'scope on your Marauder?...

Thanks...BCB

detox
10-08-2013, 06:15 PM
Are you able to find scuba tanks that are rated at 4500 psi?...

Can you find them used?...

No 'scope on your Marauder?...

Thanks...BCB

I purchased a new steel scuba tank with valve from big supplier in Florida. Steel (3500 psi)is rated slightly higher than aluminum. I think the carbon wrapped versions are rated at 4500. It is veryhard to find someone to fill a tank to 4500psi.Yes i have a scope on mine.

BCB
10-08-2013, 06:37 PM
O.K.

A sidewinder—cool…

I have a carbon fiber tank that I got from a person in California that makes them for pcp’s—expensive…

It will handle 4500 psi as that is what it is rated at…

I get the local fire department to fill it sometimes and they have a compressor for filling those tanks they wear on their back during fires—they are carbon fiber and 4500 psi…
(FREE)

Otherwise, it get mine filled at a local fire extinguisher place that services them and life support air tanks—carbon fiber—cost 5 bucks to get it filled—the tank system, valves, quick detach and adapter of fire department fills was over $700…

My Marauder will shoot 1.5 @ 75 yards, .75” @ 50 yards and bug hole at 25 yards with JSB 18.13’s…
(Post #46)

It is FACTORY set and I tried all the adjustments as advised. Went back to FACTORY…

Good shooters, but the air supply can be a problem…

Good-luck…BCB

jmorris
10-08-2013, 06:58 PM
This is a video of the one we shoot most often these days.

you have to click the photo to play it.
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/jmorrismetal/reloading/bbc/th_VIDEO0144_zps658b32b8.jpg (http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/jmorrismetal/reloading/bbc/VIDEO0144_zps658b32b8.mp4)

Hamish
08-31-2015, 11:35 PM
Arise,,,,,,,

besk
09-02-2015, 09:10 PM
I purchased my 22 Crosman 130 about 1963 while at college. Then I have a Gamo Shadow Express 22 smoothbore and last year purchased a 22 cal HW80.

GhostHawk
09-02-2015, 09:43 PM
Well I pretty much grew up without a bb gun. Year before I should have gotten one a kid managed to put out his brothers eye with his bb gun. Once I was old enough I bought a Sheridan 5mm pump up. It pretty much ruled the roost in our very small rural town.

Since then not a whole lot, still shoot the Sheridan some every year.
About 2 years ago came into some money and started with a pair of Crossman 1322's with the shoulder stock. Great for target shooting. I have a 40$ Chinese B4 underlever springer that is I think louder than my .22lr.

A BB gun or 3 picked up reasonably just so I have a full selection.

Still hope to be able to teach my grandkids to shoot some day.

JonnyReb
09-02-2015, 09:56 PM
I tried them all from .177 to .50 and finally wore out on it. Went back to powderguns for anything bigger than a rabbit but did keep some favorites.
1. The RWS 34 in .177. Is one of the only lazer accurate breakbarrels i ever found out of dozens.
2. The RWS 48 in .177. Iconic and i can't let it go, very accurate..powerful and built like a tank.
3. Gamo shotgun. Feels great and is a springer shotgun! Innovative if nothing else.
4. 853 Daisy .177, the most accurate pellet gun i've ever owned.
5.Matching "flying Dragon" .22's in co2 and pcp. Both are all metal, wood stocked quality pieces, the pcp does 30ftlbs and the co2 does 12. Both hit what you aim at.
6. My replacement gun for the Daisy 99 Champion i carried as a kid. Dead nuts accurate for a bb gun and even though i don't have my original gun it still carries a ton of memories.

Couple more but they'll get sold or traded as i get a chance, those above are my keepers.

jcwit
09-02-2015, 10:12 PM
In rifles
Beeman R1 in .177
Beeman R7 in .177
Benjamin .22 cal. Pump
RWS Diana Md. 48 in .177
Ruger Air Hawk in .177
Hatsan Md. 95 Vortex in .177
Chinese Industry Brand? side lever in .177

In pistols
Beemen P17 in .177
Beeman P3 in .177 Same as an HW 40
Beeman HW 70 in .177
Webley Alectro in .177

Oh Ya, almost forgot
picked up an Anschutz Model 250 Target Master in .177 that I'm in the process ov completely rebuilding, at this point just waiting for parts from England to arrive & reassemble. It's a recoil less target air rifle. Can't hardly wait to see how it shoots.

No PCP's at this point, and for some reason no desire for any.

jmorris
09-03-2015, 08:49 AM
No PCP's at this point, and for some reason no desire for any.

Saves a lot of money, lots of neat PCP toys out there.

Ithaca Gunner
09-03-2015, 11:52 AM
I got into the air gun game late in life, dad wouldn't let us have a BB or pellet gun as kids, but a .22 was fine, (he liked to know where we were and what we might be shooting at from the sound of the report).

I bought a Crosman Nitro Venom .22 when they came out and must have gotten a Monday or Friday gun, the best it'll do is minute of apple at 25 yds. Gave that one to my grandson this summer to take home and shoot cans with.

It sat around unused for the most part until I got my RWS-34 in .22 from Pyramid Air. The 34 is a shooter, not quite match grade, but good enough for my purposes in the back yard, and seeing as I'm a cheap-skate, I've only shot the Crosman Premier HP's from wally world in it, (averages 1/2-3/4" 15 shot groups at 25 yds. that's what my Pellet Pen holds, so 15 shots it is). The 34 is a pleasing rifle all around, slim, well balanced, easy to cock, accurate enough for my needs, and plenty of power.

Midway had a sale on the Hatsan M-95 Vortex gas piston rifles this past spring, $149.95 and I got one of those in .22. Power is this rifle's greatest attribute. It hits a good deal harder than my RWS-34 with the same pellets. Not an easy gun to shoot though, so far I've gotten only reasonable accuracy from it, 1" at 25 yds. Much heavier and not nearly as carryable as the 34, cocking effort...eat a good breakfast before a shooting session with this rifle! Oh, and it didn't take long to destroy the scope that came with it either!

The air gun bug bit me and I'm infected. I shoot these several times a week just outside the backdoor and they're cheap and fun to shoot. I like one single cocking/charging stroke with no CO2 to bother with, no equiptment for pre-charging, no pumping more than shooting, and a nice slender light carrying rifle, for me, the RWS 34 is about as good as it gets.

RWS-34

Hatsan M-95

jcwit
09-03-2015, 12:55 PM
Saves a lot of money, lots of neat PCP toys out there.

Agreed, but I guess I'm just a springer fan. LOL

Greg S
09-05-2015, 12:11 AM
I've got a few for winter time plinking. My favorite is a P70 10m AR and an IZH sp 10m pistol. For kickers, I have a Beeman Dual Mag, and in 177 an Air Arms S400, TX200 in a custom Stock and a R9. Don't shoot tham as much since I got back into rifles and pistols. Nothing beats 30-40 shots outta that P70 in the evening and it really helps the offhand shooting.

jcwit
09-05-2015, 02:27 AM
Well the Anschutz 250 is up and running as good as new after a complete rebuild and all new seals. Much more accurate than I am to say the least.

Many thanks to the folks at Custom Gun Parts in England who supplied the parts at more than fair pricing and really fast shipping, was a real pleasure to do business with them.

mac60
09-05-2015, 04:35 PM
This is a video of the one we shoot most often these days.

you have to click the photo to play it.
http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/jmorrismetal/reloading/bbc/th_VIDEO0144_zps658b32b8.jpg (http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/jmorrismetal/reloading/bbc/VIDEO0144_zps658b32b8.mp4)

Excuse me, but was that 3 bowling balls?

LongRangeAir
09-05-2015, 06:00 PM
Custom .257. Well under moa at 100. 200 yards for that matter. LOL!!!s

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r294/mlovett_photo/04-DSC01861-001.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r294/mlovett_photo/02-DSC01863-001.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r294/mlovett_photo/DSC01723-1.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r294/mlovett_photo/07-DSC01864.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r294/mlovett_photo/05-DSC01860-001.jpg

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r294/mlovett_photo/12-DSC01859.jpg

and my gaurd dog, ---errrr, Fox. LOL

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r294/mlovett_photo/DSC01783-1.jpg

roysha
09-06-2015, 01:15 PM
For the Christmas of 1952 I campaigned mightily for a Red Ryder BB gun. I was deep into the cowboy hero worship phase of my life, (which never really went away) and desperately wanted a Red Ryder.
Well, Christmas morning came and there was a long box under the tree. YAY!!! I just knew it was the Red Ryder of my dreams. After ripping the wrapping paper off I was extremely disappointed to find my folks had given me a 141 Defender instead. My Dad was as much a non-cowboy fan as I was a cowboy fan. He was rather military oriented so that explained the Defender rather than the Red Ryder. I almost wanted to cry. I was 10 and somewhat spoiled, especially by my Grandmother, so the Defender was a real blow.

However, having been a gun nut since I could see the pictures and say the word, I got over my snit and realized what a good thing I had, sling, a sight that could be flipped to open notch or peep, a neat little trap door in the butt to hold extra BBs on the rare occasion I had any extras, and a kinda cool look in an military sort of way. That year Montgomery Ward was selling a pasteboard box containing 2 pounds of BBs. which I also received that Christmas. By the time Christmas vacation was over, I was scrounging pennies to buy the little cellophane pack of BBs since the 2 pound box was empty.

I remember riding my old Hiawatha balloon tired bike and then a couple of years later a Schwinn 3 speed bike, all over Loveland with the Defender across the handle bars and held in place with my index fingers around the barrel and lever loop. Can you imagine the chaos that would reign if a kid tried that now???

Anyway, over the next few years I decimated the Sparrow population around my hangouts, although their numbers never seemed to change. Eventually I literally wore the gun out. I suppose I could have sent it back to Daisy for a rebuild but by then "real" guns, girls and hot rods had priority. I remember taking it apart to try to "fix" it and could never figure out how to get the main spring all the way back in. In those days, that spring had POWER. As time went on, pieces just seemed to melt away until all I had left was the trap door from the butt stock. I threw it into a drawer in a plastic parts cabinet and it languished in there for the better part of 40 years. Whenever I saw it, it brought back great memories.

A few years ago I decided I wanted to find one to replace the one I had worn out. I spent quite a bit of time looking but it seems they only made that specific variation for 1, possibly 2, years so there weren't a whole lot of them around. At the time I was DEEP into airguns and spent a lot of time on the Yellow Forum.

I specifically remember the post that ended my quest. A fellow posted something along the lines of " look what I just found". Naturally, I had to look. Lo and behold, it was a pristine 141 Daisy, exactly like the one I had received for Christmas 1952. I immediately contacted the fellow and told him if he ever decided to sell it, I wanted it, period. Long story short, he emailed me back and said he basically bought it on a lark and didn't really need or want it so if I wanted it I could have it for $50.00 and shipping. Folks, I'm here to tell you there was a hole in the air where I had been sitting because I was up and on my way to the P.O. for a M.O. so fast it took a second for the air to fill the space I had been in.

Now here is the kicker. I received the rifle and it was in 98% condition except for one little thing, Yeah, you guessed it. THE TRAP DOOR WAS MISSING! Really??? Went to the shop pulled out my trap door from the plastic drawer and viola!, a near perfect M-141 Daisy Defender.

I had forgotten just how powerful those old Daisys were until I went to shoot it the first time. It's no wonder as a kid I had to put the butt on the ground against the inside of my arch, hold down on the barrel and pull up on the lever to cock it. I later worked out a method that worked so well I could cock the gun while riding my bike and pretend I was fighting Indians and outlaws. (My old Hiawatha magically turned into powerful buckskin horse [sometimes a black and white paint or a Palomino, depending on my current hero] that could out run any other horse alive)

About once every couple of months I just have to send a dozen or so, BBs across my shop at the airgun trap I have set up and relive those "Golden Days of Yesteryear".

I have an RWS 54 and 460 in 22, A Diana 36, just a spiffed up RWS 34, also in 22, 2-FWB 300, one an S and the other a left hand junior, a Sheridan Silver Streak and various and sundry "modern" BB guns for the grandkids to shoot but the old Defender holds a very special place in my heart.http://www.thetexasantiquetoycollector.com/Daisy%20model%20141%20Defender%20PH%2020.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CAcQjRxqFQoTCML05v_i4scCFRELkgod-ysF9w&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.thetexasantiquetoycollector.c om%2Fwantedtobuy.html&psig=AFQjCNEIIZIli4z9e0DcyZlKQljeKQWzPw&ust=1441641435582420)

Oh yeah, although it is not an airgun in the purest sense, I also have a Daisy VL and about a 1000 rounds of ammo. A very interesting gun to say the least.

jmorris
09-09-2015, 12:10 PM
Excuse me, but was that 3 bowling balls?

Yes, 2 16lb and one 12 lb.

It is the most powerful "air gun" I have.

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv5/qvideo/IMAG0257.jpg

rbuck351
09-09-2015, 04:49 PM
So having the normal BB guns and a HY Score pellet pistol as a kid, i decided to get one of the new more power spring guns a couple years ago. Wal Mart had a Beeman RS2 with scope for $108 that has both 177 and 22 cal barrels. After trying many different pellets, the only one i have found that will shoot about 1'' groups at 20yds is the RWS Meisterkulgen at over 6 cents each. The gun shoots 22 lead pellets at about 800fps which suits me but 1" at 20yds with its best pellet sucks. i think I'm done with springers. So now it's either PCP or a Sheridan. What accuracy level and fps can I expect from the Sheridan in either 20 or 22 cal?

jcwit
09-09-2015, 05:46 PM
Part of your problem is an inexpensive gun with good pellets.

Just as you can not get extreme accuracy with a inexpensive .22 using Eley match ammo.

Also are you using the artillery hold? Just about a must with many springers.

My Anschutz will stack pellets in the target from a rest, but then it is far and away above a Chinese Beeman RS2

mac60
09-09-2015, 06:43 PM
Yes, 2 16lb and one 12 lb.

It is the most powerful "air gun" I have.

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv5/qvideo/IMAG0257.jpg

That's incredible!

jmorris
09-09-2015, 08:13 PM
i decided to get one of the new more power spring guns a couple years ago. Wal Mart had a Beeman RS2 with scope for $108 that has both 177 and 22 cal barrels. After trying many different pellets... i think I'm done with springers

springers are much more hold sensitive that anything else I have ever shot, maybe closing in on some long range single shot pistols but don't respond well with some holds at all.

google "artillery hold" and give that a try.

jmorris
09-09-2015, 08:14 PM
That's incredible!

And that's with only 125 psi.

rbuck351
09-10-2015, 06:06 PM
I'm not sure what the artillery hold is but from sand bags under only the stock close to the trigger and held either firmly or loosely, 1" at 20yds is as good as it gets. Crossman premier hp, Gamo Hunter or RWS Hobby all shoot about 1 1/4" at 20yds. Everything else prints like a shot gun. I'll Google artillery hold. I hope it isn't mounting a wheeled carriage under it and firing with a lanyard.

rbuck351
09-10-2015, 08:37 PM
Ok. I googled artillery hold and that's pretty much what I have been using. Hold the gun as loosely as possible, stock resting on back of hand, only enough grip to offset trigger pull. Best it will do is about 1 1/4" at 20yds. This puts it in the kids toy category as far as I'm concerned. Just how accurate are the Sheridan 20 or 22 cal guns. I'm not too concerned about fast follow up shot or the pumping but I need one shot with some power and consistent under 1" at 20 accuracy. 1/2" at 20 would be much better. If the Sheridan won't hold the accuracy I'm looking for I will get a PCP unless someone can recommend a gun that will do what I want cheaper than a PCP.
I get much better accuracy with most all of my 22LR rifles and pistols using cheap bulk ammo than with this cheap Chinese springer.

jcwit
09-10-2015, 09:38 PM
Air gun accuracy costs money, a $100 or $150 dollar Wally World ain't gonna cut it.

You can look at refurb, guns, I have one of these in the Gas version which at present they are out of but they do have the springer available, I'm super satisfied with it.

~http://www.airgunproshop.com/shop/refurbished-hatsan-model-95-177-air-rifle/

I'm even thinking of getting one of the springers just to have one of each.

BTW, the refurb I got was as perfect as one would want. Even the box was new.

Please note with any springer or gas operated air gun you need at least 500 pellets thru it for it to settle down.

Ithaca Gunner
09-12-2015, 12:37 AM
So having the normal BB guns and a HY Score pellet pistol as a kid, i decided to get one of the new more power spring guns a couple years ago. Wal Mart had a Beeman RS2 with scope for $108 that has both 177 and 22 cal barrels. After trying many different pellets, the only one i have found that will shoot about 1'' groups at 20yds is the RWS Meisterkulgen at over 6 cents each. The gun shoots 22 lead pellets at about 800fps which suits me but 1" at 20yds with its best pellet sucks. i think I'm done with springers. So now it's either PCP or a Sheridan. What accuracy level and fps can I expect from the Sheridan in either 20 or 22 cal?

I'm getting educated in pellet rifles one way or another. I don't care for the multi-pump guns like the Benjamin simply because I want to shoot, not pump. I understand they're very accurate and those who own them love them, they're just not for me. Neither are the PCP's. I just don't want to be tied to a pump or a tank. I like the single stroke springers, and the nitro piston guns. Cock, one stroke, load pellet, close, and shoot...simple. Oh, and do it with reasonable cost pellets, (you can generally read that to mean the Crosman Premier's from wally-world at under $10.00 for 500, under $7.00 on sale for .22).

Reasonable accuracy for me is 15 pellets under an inch at 25yds. Yes, 15 shots because that's what my Pellet Pen holds. Reasonable power? Ah, 600-800fps is good enough with a 14.5gr lead pellet. That's MY accuracy and power expectations at 25yds, yours may be different, but I think we're on the same basic page.

Like jcwit said, it ain't gonna happen with an "el cheapo". Not difficult to get the power, it's the accuracy that will elude you with an el-cheapo. The more power, the more hold sensitive with a springer or gas ram. My favorite rifle thus far is the RWS-34 in .22 with the wood stock. Slim, trim, and easy to carry. Realistic velocity with wally world Crosman pellets is around 740fps. Plenty of power for sure, accuracy for 15 shots at 25 yds is usually well under an inch using a scope and an "artillery hold" shooting off the hind quarters with the corner of the summer kitchen as a rest. The rifle ain't cheap, about $290.00 not on sale from Pyramid Air, (wait for a sale around almost any holiday and save 10%). The Weihrauch HW-50 is an outstandingly accurate springer .22 but it'll set you back $400.00 and realisticly give only 600fps with Crosman 14.5gr. pellets. Fantastic rifle though, not very hold sensitive at all, easy on the arms with 24lbs cocking effort, a quality gun through and through. The most recommended springer air rifle though is the Air Arms TX200MkIII an under lever cocker. A finely crafted rifle made in England, 750fps in .22, they claim easy to shoot, not hold sensitive, and extreamly accurate, but it'll set you back $630.00 with a beech stock, add $100.00 for walnut, (refurb-$535.00 beech-$620.00 walnut).

Those are probably your best bets in springer air rifles for ease of shooting, accuracy, and a decent power level. I have a Hatsan 95 gas piston Vortec that's a power house .22, but is a violent shooter, very hold sensitive and a bear to cock, 15 shots'll wear you out with this gun. All things considered, the RWS-34 is a very good value as for quality, accuracy, power, ease of shooting, and balance. It's just a nice rifle at a reasonable cost.

jcwit
09-12-2015, 01:46 AM
Ithaca Gunner, you pretty much have it nailed. But I do like my Hatsan 95 Vortex.

Also picked up at the Kazoo show an RWS 48 in like new condition that is coming along very well.

jmorris
09-12-2015, 08:58 AM
and I have one very lightly used that my daughter doesn't like with RWS scope mount. If you think you want one send me a PM.

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv5/qvideo/gn/RWS/IMG_20150617_143652_364_zps7oaqd9zj.jpg

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv5/qvideo/gn/RWS/IMG_20150617_143528_404-1_zpsqbz5ri77.jpg

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv5/qvideo/gn/RWS/IMG_20150617_143435_131-1_zps7uhywnby.jpg

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/vv5/qvideo/gn/RWS/IMG_20150617_143332_033-1_zpsyhebpos6.jpg

rbuck351
09-13-2015, 02:20 AM
Ithaca Gunner
Thanks, You have confirmed what I'm beginning to see. I have read many reports claiming accuracy from cheap Chinese guns that I find highly optimistic. I have shot a couple of nickle sized groups at 20yds but they are not repeatable. My shooting will be mostly one shot from the front porch and it needs to be accurate enough and have enough power to take out a turkey with a head shot at up to 30Yds. I don't mind pumping for the little I will shoot. Around 700 fps with a lead pellet and normal groups of 1" or less at 25yds is what I feel I need using the Crosman Premier 22cal, Sheridan 20cal or a similar pellet. Will the Sheridan fit the bill or do I need to go to a PCP. Some one is building PCPs from a CO2 gun for about $160 plus a pump for another $140. Is anyone familiar with this gun as to power and accuracy in 22cal? I don't mind spending around $300 for a gun unless I can get what I want for less. The moving mass in a high power springer has me skeptical. If I can't get what I want in an air gun for a reasonable price, I'll get a can for my 22LR.

jmorris
09-13-2015, 10:13 AM
A can for your .22 would be what I would suggest first. Suppressed a .22 makes less noise than even "quiet" pellet guns.

This is a side by side video of a .22 cal Benjamin marauder and a suppressed 77/22.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srXMYpYFZ8c

For killing, ammo cost won't be a concern and a rimfire requires less support equipment, is faster to "reload" and more often than not has more power.

I have an old Benjamin 342 that still shoots right at an inch @ 25 yds in the wind but a 14.3gn max speed out of it is right around 650 fps.

My Discovery will push the same pellet over 800 fps but you might as well shoot an unsuppressed .22 lr at that point as it is loud.

The .22 marauder I had (in the above video) shot patterns vs groups so I returned it and picked up the .25 version (really wanted the .22 but didn't want to keep waisting money trying to find a good one and the 25's use an outsourced barrel).

It pushes a 27.8 gn pellet over 700 fps and in light wind will shoot around 1.3" at 100 yards. I am impressed with this air rifle and it is my goto for general plinking, and what I was looking for, now that the price to replenish my stock of .22lr has gone up.

Again the "one shot from the front porch" I would just get a can for a .22 LR; however, if you are tempted to go the PCP air rife direction put all the costs on paper before you start spending money.

rbuck351
09-13-2015, 11:00 AM
Thanks jmorris, the video was enlightening. And I think you are right on the mark. A can on one of my 22LRs sounds like the way to go. I have a couple that will shoot under 1" at 50yds with the right bulk 22 ammo and I have plenty of it. I'll use my cheap Beeman to train the grandkids. I think a can will save me a bunch of frustration if not money.

casper_zip
09-14-2015, 11:10 AM
Why in the world would you kill mocking birds ? They are one of my favorite birds, and I protect them where I live.
Hope you have a really, really good reason.

Best,

casper_zip

BCB
09-14-2015, 12:49 PM
Why in the world would you kill mocking birds ? They are one of my favorite birds, and I protect them where I live.
Hope you have a really, really good reason.

Best,

casper_zip

I missed reading about killing Mockingbirds. Which post was that?...

Hell, I am sure they are protected. In PA we can only kill Starlings and English Sparrows as far as I know. And that isn't even with airguns. Airguns are not legal to hunt anything in PA...

Good-luck...BCB

jmorris
09-14-2015, 01:19 PM
I missed the mockingbird post too.

They are the State bird of Texas, Tennessee, Florida, Mississippi, and Arkansas.

Why would you want to get rid of one? They are quite aggressive, more so if one is near their nest and they always get you from behind.

They are also protected by the migratory bird act of 1918 along with almost everything else that flys...
http://www.fws.gov/migratorybirds/regulationspolicies/mbta/mbtandx.html

rbuck351
09-15-2015, 09:27 AM
I've never even seen a mockingbird. Who's killing mockingbirds?

W.R.Buchanan
09-15-2015, 03:21 PM
You guys have lived very sheltered lives. Mocking Birds are considered a pest in virtually any town. And the reason why is their incessant, non-sequitur chirping which goes on daily and all thru the night when they are mating and nesting. They are not on the endangered Species List anywhere, and if they are, it is because someone is abusing that list.

They just put out random noise and more offensively, are very aggressive and run off all the good songbirds. That is why they are considered a pest.

I had one in my yard yesterday, that I was actively hunting for over an hour. I never got a shot! But, I watched him run off a real live Bluebird and several of our Wrens and other little guys, which we hardly ever see here in CA. Luckily We also have some pretty aggressive Blue Jays on our property and they eventually ran the offender off.

When I lived in the city we had them in every tree, shrub and bush in every house on our street. The daily cacophony was almost deafening and you really can't think when you get multiples going off at all hours of the day and night. As soon as I killed one another would takes it's place. Also you only got one shot, as if you missed they wouldn't give you another shot. They are very smart birds.

When I was appraising houses and I would go into a neighborhood that had many of them going off during the day I would dock the house $5000 for "external noise." No kidding, if they distracted me they would distract anyone wanting to purchase the house and that affect value.

They are a nuisance, and as such there is a bounty on them here and has been for over 100 years.

They do not produce soothing birdy noises! They produce random noise as all they do is "mock" other bird calls. Mocking Birds DO NOT have a call. They only produce noise.

AS such I will continue to kill everyone I can get a hit on. I have shot them with Sling Shots, BB guns, .22's, a .243 once, 5 different pellet guns, and a 12 ga. shotgun.

On another note:

Rbuck351: the operative point in your posts about inferior accuracy is "Cheap Chinese Springers."

If you replace that phrase with "Nice German or British Springers" you will see an immediate change in the size of your groups.

I doubt you are going to do much better with a Sheridan or Benjamin pump gun. Neither is known for pinpoint accuracy. Like anything else you have to spend some money to get performance and decent PCPs are not cheap, plus you need the support equipment to keep them shooting. A PCP with no air tank and no pump is useless.

Once you get into the $300 range for Spring Powered Airguns you will see what we are talking about. But the Key Point is to not have anything to do with Chinese Guns of any type. There are certain things that should just not be, and "China" and "Guns" in the same sentence is one of my biggest pet peeves.

This Ace of Clubs has 10 shots thru a hole that is less than .25", shot at 10 meters (33feet) in my Condo in 1976. My Weihrauch HW35 .177 had a scope on it then, but I am confident it will do the same thing today nearly 40 years later. quality air guns are both accurate and very durable. mine will easily outlive me and anyone else who owns it and takes care of it like I did.

Back to my original point about pest control:

I have killed 300+ of those Mocking Bird varmints with that gun over the years and will continue to do so until I die. In fact that one that was here yesterday is back, and he is trying to run off everyone else and establish territory. It's only a matter of time til I get him!

If you'd ever had them nesting outside your bedroom window when you needed to sleep,,, you'd see it my way!

MTHO! My totally hostile opinion on the subject of Mocking Birds!

Randy

jmorris
09-15-2015, 04:30 PM
I have killed 300+ of those Mocking Bird varmints with that gun over the years and will continue to do so until I die.

I understand, was simply pointing out that it is illegal to do so.

The noise doesn't bother me but I have hearing problems anyway.

This is the kind of stuff I don't like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=La0PE34tNLM&feature=youtu.be

I did have an outdoor Siamese cat that became pretty good at either stalking them or baiting them to get too close then catch and play with them until they expired.

jcwit
09-15-2015, 05:11 PM
Once you get into the $300 range for Spring Powered Airguns you will see what we are talking about. But the Key Point is to not have anything to do with Chinese Guns of any type. There are certain things that should just not be, and "China" and "Guns" in the same sentence is one of my biggest pet peeves.

This Ace of Clubs has 10 shots thru a hole that is less than .25", shot at 10 meters (33feet) in my Condo in 1976. My Weihrauch HW35 .177 had a scope on it then, but I am confident it will do the same thing today nearly 40 years later. quality air guns are both accurate and very durable. mine will easily outlive me and anyone else who owns it and takes care of it like I did.

There are good values with Chinese Air Rifles & Pistols, one case in point is the Licensed P17, a copy of the HW P3, also the clones of some of the HW springers. Do you feel the same about the Chinese computer you type on?

Wish I could post pics, I've got a target shot with my Anschutz 250 that has one hole with 5 pellets thru it, the pellets are stacked one on top of the other. But that Anschutz is a far cry from a HW springer.

BCB
09-15-2015, 05:46 PM
You guys have lived very sheltered lives. Mocking Birds are considered a pest in virtually any town. And the reason why is their incessant, non-sequitur chirping which goes on daily and all thru the night when they are mating and nesting. They are not on the endangered Species List anywhere, and if they are, it is because someone is abusing that list.

They just put out random noise and more offensively, are very aggressive and run off all the good songbirds. That is why they are considered a pest.

I had one in my yard yesterday, that I was actively hunting for over an hour. I never got a shot! But, I watched him run off a real live Bluebird and several of our Wrens and other little guys, which we hardly ever see here in CA. Luckily We also have some pretty aggressive Blue Jays on our property and they eventually ran the offender off.

When I lived in the city we had them in every tree, shrub and bush in every house on our street. The daily cacophony was almost deafening and you really can't think when you get multiples going off at all hours of the day and night. As soon as I killed one another would takes it's place. Also you only got one shot, as if you missed they wouldn't give you another shot. They are very smart birds.

When I was appraising houses and I would go into a neighborhood that had many of them going off during the day I would dock the house $5000 for "external noise." No kidding, if they distracted me they would distract anyone wanting to purchase the house and that affect value.

They are a nuisance, and as such there is a bounty on them here and has been for over 100 years.

They do not produce soothing birdy noises! They produce random noise as all they do is "mock" other bird calls. Mocking Birds DO NOT have a call. They only produce noise.

AS such I will continue to kill everyone I can get a hit on. I have shot them with Sling Shots, BB guns, .22's, a .243 once, 5 different pellet guns, and a 12 ga. shotgun.

On another note:

Rbuck351: the operative point in your posts about inferior accuracy is "Cheap Chinese Springers."

If you replace that phrase with "Nice German or British Springers" you will see an immediate change in the size of your groups.

I doubt you are going to do much better with a Sheridan or Benjamin pump gun. Neither is known for pinpoint accuracy. Like anything else you have to spend some money to get performance and decent PCPs are not cheap, plus you need the support equipment to keep them shooting. A PCP with no air tank and no pump is useless.

Back to my original point about pest control:

I have killed 300+ of those Mocking Bird varmints with that gun over the years and will continue to do so until I die. In fact that one that was here yesterday is back, and he is trying to run off everyone else and establish territory. It's only a matter of time til I get him!

If you'd ever had them nesting outside your bedroom window when you needed to sleep,,, you'd see it my way!

MTHO! My totally hostile opinion on the subject of Mocking Birds!

Randy

Interesting reason to kill them...

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good-luck...BCB

rbuck351
09-16-2015, 03:09 AM
W R Buchanan
You answered what I'm looking for. If the pump guns won't shoot under 1" at 25 yds I believe I will not waste my money on an inexpensive air gun of any type. I do have 22LRs that will group like your ace card and $200 for a stamp for a can and I'm in business. Thanks guys. I do appreciate the info.
I'm thinking mockingbirds and a tennis racket might be good sport.

jcwit
09-16-2015, 07:59 AM
They are a nuisance, and as such there is a bounty on them here and has been for over 100 years

Please post a link supporting that as fact.

Got-R-Did
09-17-2015, 11:38 PM
HW97K 5MM

FWB300 Running Boar .177
No pics, but also shoot an FWB M65 and a Hy-Score 816M, both in .177.
Earned my Distinguished Expert badge in 1978 shooting an FWB 300 through JROTC, and went on to earn Expert in International discipline before I graduated. Love these guns!
Got-R-Did.

W.R.Buchanan
09-19-2015, 06:53 PM
JCwit: after searching for an hour I finally called the Sheriff's office and asked the question.

They told me that all bounties on animal pests had been removed from the books Statewide as of Jan 2011 due to pressure from Animal Rights Groups, and primarily from the Audubon Society which is the primary anti-gun entity in this state..

This included Bounties on Raccoons, Coyotes, Skunks, Bobcats, Mocking Birds, English Sparrows, Starlings, Crows, Feral Dogs and Cats, badgers, Gophers and Ground Squirrels and a bunch of others. Pretty anything that invaded your orchards, carried diseases, killed your livestock or chickens, or dug holes in your yard.

The person also told me that no bounties had ever been paid in her entire tenure as a Sherriff's Deputy simply because nobody had ever brought carcasses to the Sheriffs Office to claim them.

I never cared about the bounties, I just wanted peace and quite. My main shots were on them sitting on the Electric Lines or Cable TV line which were just outside my fence line. The carcasses usually fell into the school yard behind my house and that's where I left them. The local cats and other creatures of the night usually disposed of them. I know my cat brought more than one in the house to tear apart and eat. We had Coyotes, Owls and Hawks routinely searching the area, and lost one of our best cats to an owl one night. We even had a Black Bear come thru and he was darted in the back of the Police Department 3 miles away after crossing a Freeway. This was all in the middle of town!

That schoolyard was one of the worst maintained places in town and it was literally infested with Gophers. It was not unusual to look over the fence in the evening and see 8-10 cats sitting on Gopher Holes.

Finally the Health Department closed the yard and made the school district deal with the problem because some kid stepped in a hole and broke his ankle.. Then the school got shut down for poisoning the varmints by the parents of the kids who went to school there. The end result was a Fence that shutdown about 90% of the School Yard.

My cats always ate real well, and we were usually greeted in the morning by some unidentifiable part of a Varmint laying on the rear steps of the house.

Randy

jmorris
09-20-2015, 12:24 AM
Pretty anything that invaded your orchards, carried diseases, killed your livestock or chickens, or dug holes in your yard.

Is noise one of the reasons in your State?

AllanD
09-20-2015, 09:19 PM
My First Air rifle was a Cheap "slavia" branded springer
from that I upgraded to a Daisy Powerline pump-up pneumatic which
was a better killer against my primary target, squirrels, but not nearly
as fun as my next air rifle...

An RWS45M which with the heavy Beeman hunting pellets it preferred was lethal on tree rats out to 75yds,
where I would frequently pick them off the utility lines..

I've killed easily 300 squirrels with that rifle, my personal best being 28 in a single day...

It was to put it simply "a target rich environment". Large suburban back yards, with lots of
fruit trees all bordered by towering white oak trees...

Other than my squirrel eating cats and my rifle it was a "squirrel paradise"

If I picked up that rifle both of my cats became desperate to be outside, they were
well aware that my taking that rifle to a window meant it was going to "rain meat"
and they didn't want to miss any of it!

jcwit
09-20-2015, 09:52 PM
Interesting, the daily bag limit for squirrels in the state of New York is 6 squirrels.

El Bango
09-23-2015, 12:23 AM
A Benjamin 5mm multi stroker,a Crossman Colt SA copy CO2, 22 cal (squirrels and woodpeckers hate it) and a Crossman multi pump .177 bb and pellet. I like them all..

longbow
09-30-2015, 12:58 AM
I don't know how I missed this thread!

Anyway, I found it now.

I have three air guns at present... well four actually.

My first was a Slavia .177 that I just got returned to me by my sister who kept it at my parent's old summer house and she didn't take care of it so it is likely done now. I ought that one when I was about 13 so it is now 48 years old but probably not useful anymore.

After that one I bought a very nice walnut stocked break action pistol (BSF?) in .177 that I traded away many years ago and regret it.

I also have a Weirauch HW 35 rilfe in .177, Weirauch HW 50 rifle in .177 and BSA Scorpion pistol in .177.

I am currently toying with the idea of a more powerful springer in maybe .25 or a PCP in 9mm. Not too big but not too small. I'd like decent velocity with round balls or moderate weight pellets and if PCP then reasonable number of shots per fill. Not looking for big bore hunting capacity, more like fun plinking and target use. Bigger holes with some snot.

Longbow

Black Beard
10-01-2015, 10:44 AM
HW80K .25
HW80 .177
HW80K .22, short stroked
HW77 .177
HW57 .177
Diana Model 48/52 .22
Hatsan Striker .25 (shortened and tuned)
Hatsan 125 .22
BSA Airsporter S .22
BSA Mercury .22
SMK B4 .22
SMK QB78 .22
Crossman 1077
Crossman 760 pumpmaster

HW45 .177
Original Mod 6 .177
Air Force One CP1 .177
Webley Tempest .177

A few others in various states of disrepair…

BB

RayinNH
10-01-2015, 11:12 AM
Black Beard that's a pretty impressive list you have there. I feel so inadequate with only four :-D

Black Beard
10-01-2015, 11:50 AM
Thanks. Here in the UK sub-12ftlb air guns are easy to get hold of (just go in to a shop and buy them, no licence) so relatively common. This makes them cheap- equivalent to $600 for a HW80, $450 from a grey import dealer or even less if you buy from Germany direct. Powder burners are a lot more expensive as there are only about a hundred thousand people who shoot rifles.

We also are allowed silencers on air guns, again just go in to a shop and buy them, so they go for the equvalent of $60.

The most accurate of mine is either the HW77 (I bought it off the bloke who tuned a world campion’s FT rifle so it is very easy to shoot) or the short stroked HW80.

I think that in the end with air guns, it doesn’t matter what/how many you have- it is hitting the target that matters. With spring rifles, shooting the same gun every time is better than constantly changing. It takes me about 100 shots to re-learn how to shoot my Hatsan Striker with any accuracy after using a different gun.

BB

pme166
10-02-2015, 09:44 AM
http://eickpm.com/picts/400-1.jpg
http://eickpm.com/picts/400_trigger.jpg
http://eickpm.com/picts/r1_pellets.jpg

Nice to see there are other Beeman 400/RWS 75 owners here. It is hard to explain how accurate they are and how light the trigger is. Yes I run mine with a 5.5 onz trigger.

My fun gun is the R1 with a VX3 scope on it. Great shooter.

762 shooter
10-02-2015, 11:05 AM
Bought a Feinwerkbau 124 Sport around 1980. My brother and I each bought one with a Beeman Model 50 2.5x32 Blue Ribbon scope. Picked them up at an IPSC match in Georgia. Shot pigeons under the Interstate overpasses on the way back home. Those were the good old days.

Also Webley Tempest, Beeman P1, Ruger Airhawk.

All .177.

FWB 124
http://i57.tinypic.com/90rgpx.jpg

http://i57.tinypic.com/18kpas.jpg

corbinace
10-23-2015, 10:01 PM
Well, not your traditional airgun but I have a Crossman 1100 Trapmaster. I got it in about '75. My feeble memory can not seem to remember how I got it but I do know it was a great source of pride to call it mine. I was not able to shoot it much because it used a plastic shot shell that I did ot know how to get any more of and it was rather hungry as far CO2 went. I did not really have enough money at the time to buy much CO2 being only 14 and from a low income background. My mom did approve of my dispatching a few Starlings around the place as she hated them.

I still have the shotgun and have been thinking of ways that I could resurrect some of the empty hulls that I have kept all these years.

That is about forty years ago and the shotgun and a Ruger Blackhawk are probably the only things I still have from those long gone days. Yea, I will likely die with them too.

fiberoptik
10-26-2015, 01:02 AM
I wanted a Beeman air rifle since I found a catalog back in '79 or 80. No $ as a teen. Found one in wallyworld for $100+, still couldn't swing it. Tired of no .22 lr. ammo, wanting an air rifle with punch. Wifey says theres some kind of sporting goods tent sale nearby. I go, find a Beeman Grizzly X2 springer with .177 & .22 barrels & a 4x scope for $70. Wife not happy; me happy! Also picked up an improved trigger assembly I had seen on sale for $69 there for $45. That followed me home too. Gotta say it was a goood day, happy wife or not! Trigger is much better on my 10/22 now!

fiberoptik
10-26-2015, 01:06 AM
Oh, have a Sheridan .20 pump with Williams 5d sight. It sill works on eliminating critters, just wanted bigger!

rondog
10-26-2015, 02:16 AM
Daisy Powerline 880. Hey, it kills squirrels, and that's all I need.

rondog
10-26-2015, 02:22 AM
A can for your .22 would be what I would suggest first. Suppressed a .22 makes less noise than even "quiet" pellet guns.

This is a side by side video of a .22 cal Benjamin marauder and a suppressed 77/22.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srXMYpYFZ8c

WOW! Are you freakin' kidding me??? I've thought about putting a suppressor on my old Remington 514 single shot .22 rifle, but had no idea how effective it would be! That's impressive.

Grapeshot
10-26-2015, 09:08 PM
I have a barrel cocking .177caliber, (4.5mm). I purchased this piece in East Berlin. The Barrel markings include: Made in the GDR; Model 304, SUHL; HAENEL. When I got it back to the States it accounted for several grackles in and around the house and scared off one or two Ground Hogs. It was when I brought it to work that it showed what it was made of. I was in charge of a large maintenance bay and we were inundated with grackles and doves that came into the building to get out of the heat of the day. If they did not **** all over the guns and other equipment they distracted the troops trying to learn maintenance on the Howitzers.

So, when the students left for lunch, an NCO and I would eradicate the invaders. I would shoot them, and my NCO would scrape them off the floor and put them into a plastic bag, which then went into the Dumpster. Best day I had was eight grackles and two doves.

RayinNH
10-27-2015, 11:12 AM
Grapeshot, here is a little history about Haenel http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2015/10/haenel-model-100-bb-pistol-part-1/. (http://www.pyramydair.com/blog/2015/10/haenel-model-100-bb-pistol-part-1/)

sixshootertexan
10-27-2015, 11:42 PM
I have 4 Crosman Custom Shop guns.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e330/sixshootertexan/Air%20004_zpsav7uhwaz.jpg (http://s42.photobucket.com/user/sixshootertexan/media/Air%20004_zpsav7uhwaz.jpg.html)
My first custom built rifle in .25.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e330/sixshootertexan/DSC00191_zps48c3cdbb.jpg (http://s42.photobucket.com/user/sixshootertexan/media/DSC00191_zps48c3cdbb.jpg.html)
My first custom built pistol in .22.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e330/sixshootertexan/Air%20031_zpskmce9qt2.jpg (http://s42.photobucket.com/user/sixshootertexan/media/Air%20031_zpskmce9qt2.jpg.html)
And my latest a .308 boolit shooter.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e330/sixshootertexan/DSC00325_zpsvxtfpyny.jpg (http://s42.photobucket.com/user/sixshootertexan/media/DSC00325_zpsvxtfpyny.jpg.html)

corbinace
10-28-2015, 12:24 AM
WOW!!! those are some fine looking tools Sixshooter.

GARD72977
11-05-2015, 11:45 PM
Here are a couple
RAW TM1000 .177 With Sightron 10-50x60 set up for silhouette.

TX200 with Bushnell 4200 Elite Mil-dot 13fpe (would like to have been 12fpe) .177
IZH 46M .177

Only pics I could find.
HW77 25mm piston
FWB 150
Bam 50 .22

Looking to add good .30 for squirrel next year

MT Chambers
11-06-2015, 09:09 PM
My favorite airguns have been PCPs, I have a couple of springers from RWS but they are very rough shooting, anyhow I bought a walnut TX200 and I'll tell you, it is now my favorite airgun....I never thought anything would top my PCPs.

Echale3
11-10-2015, 05:01 PM
I have an old .177 caliber Feinwerkbau LG110, it's the recoiling version of the LG 150. I've had it since about 1976 or so. The previous owner had chopped down the butt and the forend in order for his kid to shoot it, but the kid lost interest in competition shortly thereafter, so I snagged it, as I was a shooting NRA youth smallbore rifle competition at the time. Although it's not a hunting type gun, it's accounted for about a zillion starlings in the time I've had it. It's very much due for a complete overhaul at this point--it still fires and is very accurate, but the seals are about shot.

I also have a left-handed Gamo Compact .177 pistol. I've had it for probably 20 years now--I snagged it so I could stay tuned up in the off season when I used to shoot handgun silhouette (IHMSA) all the time. It's a pretty accurate pistol, and fun to shoot.

labradigger1
11-10-2015, 07:08 PM
I have a crossman .22 and a daisy VL .22
Both shoot minute of squirrel head quite well.

jcwit
11-11-2015, 12:30 AM
I have a crossman .22 and a daisy VL .22
Both shoot minute of squirrel head quite well.

How's the ammo supply with that VL .22?

labradigger1
11-11-2015, 06:31 AM
How's the ammo supply with that VL .22?

Not bad, I have 1700 rounds for it. It's easier to get than 22 lr sometimes, arms list and GB has it regularly for $12-$15 a hundred.

Papa smurf
11-11-2015, 03:10 PM
I list them in order of most accurate

#1 Stoeger X5 .177
#2 Crosman Nitro Venom .22
#3 Remington Express .177
#4 Crosman Storm XT .177

223Lorenzo
12-01-2015, 12:23 AM
RWS 34 177. with peepsight

Nicesurprice
12-14-2015, 03:04 PM
i have 3 air guns

on 1
The Steyr LG 110 FT.
Now with .22 polygoon barrel.

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/ACCP/luchtbuks%20forum/Steyr/th_003.jpg (http://s671.photobucket.com/user/ACCP/media/luchtbuks%20forum/Steyr/003.jpg.html)

on 2
The XP 45 Ranger (serial nr 002)

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/ACCP/XP%20Ranger/th_DSC_0603.jpg (http://s671.photobucket.com/user/ACCP/media/XP%20Ranger/DSC_0603.jpg.html)

Costum Drooper rail.
Muzzle brake
Costum Barrelband.

And some small internal mods.

On 3
The Drummen Sinner .308
The 100 m combo

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/ACCP/Sinner/th_007.jpg (http://s671.photobucket.com/user/ACCP/media/Sinner/007.jpg.html)

http://i671.photobucket.com/albums/vv77/ACCP/luchtbuks%20forum/th_IMG_0293%202.jpg (http://s671.photobucket.com/user/ACCP/media/luchtbuks%20forum/IMG_0293%202.jpg.html)

Costum drooper rail.
Adjustable Mounts for long range shooting.
Internal mods like trigger hamer (spring) ed.
Bigger TP.

We use the rifles for 100 m target and some demolition.
And alway's looking for the best slug to do the job.

And we have another XP on his way ( i hope).

grts Ronald

Dakooz
12-19-2015, 01:13 PM
A couple of Chinese ones here.. A Bam 21(.177) and a XISICO Model XS46U in .22.

BrassFinger
12-20-2015, 11:18 AM
I have a Crosman RM377 .177 (made by Mendoza) that I bought at Walmart at least 15 years ago. I mounted a nice Bushnell 3x9 scope on it which never worked well as the rings would keep sliding on the dovetail. Finally, I ordered a solid one-piece mount and that took care of that.

It's nicely made, decent fit and finish, and shoots well. The trigger, however, is the worst thing imaginable. It is heavy and creeps more than a flasher in a trench coat. The release point changes each shot as well, making it very hard to hold precise aim, even on the bags. Nevertheless, it does a fine job on the occasional squirrel, gopher or other small varmints.

One of these days I'll step up to something of quality, but since I live on a small, city lot and have little room and too many neighbors, I put my money and efforts into improving my "propellant" powered collection.

Chris

rlb
12-20-2015, 04:00 PM
Airforce Condor 25

RWS/Shin Sung Career 22

BAM B40 22

All nice guns and way more accurate than I am. All have taken their fair share of Jack Rabbits, but I'm kinda partial to the Condor for the bigger stuff.

saleen322
12-22-2015, 08:44 PM
A favorite is this Steyr LP 10. Don't shoot it as much as I used to.

http://i601.photobucket.com/albums/tt98/saleen322/Air%20Guns/LP-10andPumpA_zps4603f85a.jpg

grizzlyadams
12-29-2015, 09:06 PM
I have way too many to list. I do tests and reviews on airguns, so i basically have a room full of them, literally.

Gerald
12-31-2015, 07:50 AM
FX Royal 400 .22 cal tuned to 920 fps. very accurate rifle. I use it to take hogs from a tripod stand.

John Boy
12-31-2015, 06:33 PM
None but I'm looking

sixshootertexan
12-31-2015, 06:54 PM
Added a new one to my collection. A XS46U from Flying Dragon in .177. I put a UTG 3-12x44 scope on it.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e330/sixshootertexan/Air%20065_zps4pprjvrf.jpg (http://s42.photobucket.com/user/sixshootertexan/media/Air%20065_zps4pprjvrf.jpg.html)

Blanket
01-01-2016, 07:45 AM
I have a few but my 2 old Sheridan's are what I use all the time

Ithaca Gunner
01-01-2016, 11:18 AM
Added a new one to my collection. A XS46U from Flying Dragon in .177. I put a UTG 3-12x44 scope on it.
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e330/sixshootertexan/Air%20065_zps4pprjvrf.jpg (http://s42.photobucket.com/user/sixshootertexan/media/Air%20065_zps4pprjvrf.jpg.html)

How's the accuracy with the Flying Dragon? Did you get the upgrade? They certainly are priced reasonable.

sixshootertexan
01-03-2016, 11:14 AM
I got it stock no tune. This is my first springer so I'm learning to shoot it and breaking it in at the same time. I'm shooting about a 3/4" group at 30yds with AA Field 8.4 pellets. It's shooting those at 890fps.

Ithaca Gunner
01-03-2016, 05:09 PM
That doesn't sound bad at all. Those underlevers are more forgiving than a break barrel. For the price, I'd say you done well.

grizzlyadams
01-04-2016, 11:28 AM
i had the browning leverage in .22 caliber, which is the 46u rebranded. it is just silly accurate for a cheap springer. my buddy suckered me out of it because he had a squirrel problem

Bad Ass Wallace
01-12-2016, 10:26 AM
I have 2 Feinwerkbau Model 2's and 2 Brno TAU-7's. Looking for a quality air rifle like a Diana 52.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v152/BAWallace/Feinwerkebau_zpsjsek31j2.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/BAWallace/media/Feinwerkebau_zpsjsek31j2.jpg.html)

wonderwolf
02-06-2016, 09:51 PM
Picked up a Benjamin 392 a few weeks back, never had a .22 before so this is a bit of a learning curve. Walmart had a few different kinds of pellets for awhile so I picked up 3 different kinds/weights. So far not impressed with overall accuracy but I'm shooting indoors and bad light, I am impressed by the terminal performance however.

Idaho Sharpshooter
02-08-2016, 01:10 PM
I've got an LG Mod Feinwerkbau 300 S .177 made in Obendorl with the removable comb. One for irons, one for scope.

I should live long enough to know its' ultimate accuracy.

Butcher45
02-10-2016, 05:02 PM
I have a tuned SamYang 909 in .45caliber. Gonna change it up a bit.......thinking a .270, 7mm, or perhaps a .257 barrel is in it's future. 160487

Hanshi
02-20-2016, 04:13 PM
I have a Remington "AirMaster 77" .177 that I received as a Christmas gift some 10 or more years ago. It has collected more than it's share of squirrels. I also have a Sheridan Blue Streak .20 (5mm) I picked up about 55 years ago. That nice rifle has brought down squirrels and rabbits, and on occasion, clean kills at quite respectable distances. No pics but that will be easy to remedy. Unfortunately, the Sheridan will no longer pump up and has been unusable for years. I'd like to get it fixed but don't know where to turn. I'd appreciate any suggestions along that line.

sixshootertexan
02-20-2016, 04:21 PM
Email Tim.
http://www.mac1airgunshop.com/

BCB
02-20-2016, 04:35 PM
Hanshi...

Might try this website also...

Much info to be found there...

http://www.gatewaytoairguns.org/GTA/

Good-luck...BCB

Hanshi
02-21-2016, 05:08 PM
Thanks for the contacts, guys.

Hanshi
02-21-2016, 05:34 PM
I went to the Gateway site, registered and tried to introduce myself but there was no provision for me to post. On top of that, when I logged back in (already registered) they said I didn't exist. I don't like games.

But the other site had just the information I was looking for and I'll be doing business with them soon.

jcwit
02-21-2016, 09:01 PM
I went to the Gateway site, registered and tried to introduce myself but there was no provision for me to post. On top of that, when I logged back in (already registered) they said I didn't exist. I don't like games.

But the other site had just the information I was looking for and I'll be doing business with them soon.

Don't feel bad, the banned me, I feel so bad I could just XXXX!

Hanshi
02-22-2016, 05:54 PM
That makes me feel better.

BCB
02-22-2016, 06:19 PM

Didn’t mean to give you bad advice—actually, there is a wealth of information on that site. I got more information on a PCP Marauder than I could use. That air gun will kill beer cans at 100 yards with consistency…

As far as games being played on that site, I doubt it but—I don’t know…

And, I don’t know why a person gets banned—rules are rules and the owner of websites makes those…

Good-luck with your Sheridan Blue Streak…

BCB

jcwit
02-24-2016, 07:59 PM
And, I don’t know why a person gets banned—rules are rules and the owner of websites makes those…

BCB

Yup, their site, their rules. They also banned the man behind one of the largest air gun clubs in Michigan. Cool site as long as you knuckle under to them.

Never ever make waves there.

BCB
02-24-2016, 08:12 PM
Yup, their site, their rules. They also banned the man behind one of the largest air gun clubs in Michigan. Cool site as long as you knuckle under to them.

Never ever make waves there.

Could be they are bit more sensitive to waves?...

But throughout my entire working career--45+years--I found that "making waves" was NOT conducive to friendly-long lasting employment. Thus, maybe no retirement to speak of...

And so it goes...

Good-luck...BCB

jcwit
02-24-2016, 09:38 PM
Could be they are bit more sensitive to waves?...

But throughout my entire working career--45+years--I found that "making waves" was NOT conducive to friendly-long lasting employment. Thus, maybe no retirement to speak of...

And so it goes...

Good-luck...BCB

Well if you get high enough up in management it rarely matters. I was the owner of the business. LOL

Retire? Did it at 58.

woodsman777
02-26-2016, 11:47 AM
My youngest son and I just got done rebuilding a Crosman 140 22cal, shoots great, hits hard.
Bought an o-ring kit off of Amazon and watched some you tube video's.
The rebuild went really smooth aside from slicing one o-ring, which I was able to replace at the local hardware store.

Here's a link to the video's, they are well done IMO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ontC6Rk4rE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aaaiToXYWRs

pill bug
04-02-2016, 05:37 PM
Only three, All vintage Benjamin pumpers. a 342, 310 and 700 . shooting them makes me feel like a kid from yesteryear!

Outer Rondacker
04-02-2016, 06:18 PM
I have a worked discovery .22 with muzzle brake. It will shoot side by side with my 22lr guns. I dump a can of 500 premiers every two weeks down it. I wish I could afford a larger cal pcp or even a pcp pump. Man they are pricey. I fill from my scuba tanks. Some day I will have a 30 cal or larger 357.

MT_DD_FAN
04-04-2016, 02:07 PM
I have a Feinwerkbau Sport 124 in 177; lots of fun and given the recent rimfire ammo shortage, it was my cheapest gun to shoot...LOL!

ebner glocken
04-04-2016, 10:18 PM
A hatsan bt65 .22 and a crosman 1701p. I don't even count the springers and pumpers anymore. Once you're set up I think PCP is the only way to go. The hatsan kills starlings at 80 yards every time if I do my part and the 1701 is great pistol practice that transfers over to the powder burners well. It shoots cheap pellets pretty well and good pellets in very little groups at 10m.

Ebner

Marine Sgt 2111
04-15-2016, 08:38 PM
I have a Sheridan Blue Streak that I have had for some 25 years (I have owned 4 of them over the span of 50 years), an R-1 that I rebuild that's 34 years old, a Feinwerkbau 65 with the barrel weight and palm shelf grips and my last purchase was a Evanix in .25 in Nov of '15. At first it would shot anybetter than 2" at 50 yards and after installing a Huma Regulator and tinkering with that over a month time period I now have her shooting JSB's (25.4) into .410" @ 50 yards.

MtGun44
04-24-2016, 10:39 PM
My best is the IZH-46M. Really nice pistol.

Bill