PDA

View Full Version : Save yourself some money and remember the price asked isn't set in stone.

unclogum bill
09-17-2013, 12:44 PM
Yesterday was bill paying day and I noticed our internet bill had jumped from 34 to 45 bucks. We have a company called Century Link here on the North Coast. A call landed me a guy that sounded like he was in India ,but he informed me the promo had ended and this $45.00 was to be my new charge. I said unless that rate was lowered I would go elsewhere. Anyway he transferred me stateside and I got to listen to music and how my call was important to them forever. When he got on the phone I told them I was going with satellite company internet, if they didn't match their price. No I did not want to bundle with them and I was tired of the run around. Short of it is they cut my bill in half. I now pay $22.50 a month . Over 12 months that will save $250.00 dollars. Took just shy of 40 minutes to get it done. Dicker my friends , Remember to dicker.

Hardcast416taylor
09-17-2013, 03:11 PM
Most people are unaware of the fact that if you get an "elephant car wash attendent" (India) for a phone "helper". You only need to say "Connect me with a North American representative". They must, by law, do this for you. I had to do this several times with my mortgage company when I was trying to pay off the loan. My niece also needed to do this with an auto insurance claims adjuster account.Robert

starmac
09-17-2013, 04:17 PM
It is not only usefull for cable, but your long distance carrier, fuel company and many other expenses we have in everyday life.

Many people like to use a company fuel or propane tank instead of owning one, but you are then having to pay a premium for your fuel.

Gar
09-17-2013, 04:34 PM
We have Century Link in most of Arizona also. My bill for 2 phone lines was running almost 80.00 a month. As I had to have a cell phone for work, I call Century Link and told them to cancel my home phone service. They made me several offers while I was on the phone with them, all the way down to 29.95 a month. I told them if was the case, they could still cancel their service since they didn't make me that offer before I decided to dump them.

daniel lawecki
09-17-2013, 04:40 PM
I have Buckeye Cable bundle my bill is 165.00 per month time to shop.

starmac
09-17-2013, 04:48 PM
Wow 165 a month to watch tv, or is something else to it??

unclogum bill
09-17-2013, 04:59 PM
" to cancel my home phone service " We have" Ooma phone " , Have it for about 3-4 years with no problem. It cost about 150 bucks or so for the box. Once you pay that you only pay the state and fed taxes on the it, which is 14 bucks a month for us. Now you have to have internet service, but don't have to have a computer or other such. Since we had internet , good to go. Can call anywhere in states and has low international rate. works through your regular telephone . Great sound and has never let me down, even has built it answering machine if you want to use it.