PDA

View Full Version : New Remington single shot rifles

Mk42gunner
10-26-2007, 12:50 PM
I saw one of the new Remigtons in a gun shop wednesday; these are made by Baikal in Russia. They are a break open and according to the gun shop owner are only available in 30-06, 308 and 7.62X39 this year.

I think they would be nice as a switch barrel, but I can't find any info about them.

Has anybody shot one? The price was $259.00, and they looked like they were of higher quality than the H&R's.

The only downside that I could see was the scope mounting is set up for an 11mm dovetail.

Thanks for any info,

Robert

MT Gianni
10-26-2007, 03:36 PM
Baikal has made some good guns and some stinkers. The shot gun I shot was poorly fitted wood to metal. The biathlon gun was preferred by many starting shooters. $1000 cheaper than an Aunshutz and accurate. It was well fitted. I know that there has been a delay on these for a reason. Gianni

JohnH
10-27-2007, 08:52 PM
Friend of mine had one of these in .223 It was a very nice shooter, and a definite step above the NEF Handi Rifle. He had a problem with the 11mm dovetail for scope mounting. The "rail" is machined on the receiver frame, and apparently it is difficult to get proper fitting mounts. Friend even bought a set of Leupolds 11mm rings and they began slipping on the rail within 50 rounds. I tried to talk him into having the reciever drilled and tapped to mount a Weaver rail, but he's one of those "if I have any trouble with it, it's gone" He sold it to help pay for a Ruger M77 in 223. I think one in 7.62x39 would be a great little cast rifle.

Scrounger
10-27-2007, 11:12 PM
Friend of mine had one of these in .223 It was a very nice shooter, and a definite step above the NEF Handi Rifle. He had a problem with the 11mm dovetail for scope mounting. The "rail" is machined on the receiver frame, and apparently it is difficult to get proper fitting mounts. Friend even bought a set of Leupolds 11mm rings and they began slipping on the rail within 50 rounds. I tried to talk him into having the reciever drilled and tapped to mount a Weaver rail, but he's one of those "if I have any trouble with it, it's gone" He sold it to help pay for a Ruger M77 in 223. I think one in 7.62x39 would be a great little cast rifle.

Rossi makes one in that as well as several other calibers. There is a dealer who lists them on AuctionArms, the price is $159, IIRC.

windwalker
10-28-2007, 09:49 AM
I saw one of the new Remigtons in a gun shop wednesday; these are made by Baikal in Russia. They are a break open and according to the gun shop owner are only available in 30-06, 308 and 7.62X39 this year.

I think they would be nice as a switch barrel, but I can't find any info about them.

Has anybody shot one? The price was $259.00, and they looked like they were of higher quality than the H&R's.

The only downside that I could see was the scope mounting is set up for an 11mm dovetail.

Thanks for any info,

Robert

robert these fit the baikal 11mm rail they are BKL Technologies and are good qualty they are $35 US.
bernie:-D
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/windwalker_au/274.jpg