PDA

View Full Version : Corbins rf die using in swage mode

ronaldod
09-16-2013, 07:01 AM
Hi Guys,

I was reading the manual of corbins about swaging the rf .22 in to jackets. It told me i had to do it in reload mode (long stroke). The difference between the 2 mode is for me the amount of pressure if have to make on the handle and the looks of the jacket.

A jacket in long stroke is look at the bottom perfect. But the one in swage mode is having a small scratch at the bottom because in this mode the jacket is not totaly not trough the and the last part is pushed out by the next jacket.

Wil this scratch give a problem or are the other things not going by specs ?

nhrifle
09-16-2013, 11:27 AM
That should not be a problem, but I would want to correct it. I would derim in swage mode, then switch to reload mode and run them through again. That should leave them nice.

ronaldod
09-16-2013, 11:32 AM
So the little scratch is not the problem but the last swage of the wall is. Ok will try that.

nhrifle
09-16-2013, 11:50 AM
The second pass through the die should smooth out any imperfection left in the first step and will be much easier with the rim unfolded

ronaldod
09-16-2013, 12:00 PM
I just tried it. To mine humble opinion i did not notice any change.
That scratch i talked about is on the bottom of the jacket and like a circle where the previous jacket touched it. tried to make a picture but mine camera is not supporting macro. Will try to get a picture to explain the scratch/defect.

Zymurgy50
09-16-2013, 01:04 PM
Do not worry about this "ring" it will not be noticeable in the finished product. The important thing is that the rim is ironed out and the base of the jacket will go into the core swage die. Next step is to anneal your jackets, I recomend at least 850f for 15 minutes

ronaldod
09-16-2013, 01:31 PM
At the moment i use a torch to glow it. Soon tm i will get a second lee 4-20 pot just for that work.