PDA

View Full Version : Taylor Sharps Rifles

Blkpwdrbuff
10-25-2007, 10:32 PM
Oops, I titled this thread wrong!!!!!

Ok, since we have hashed out IAB, I have a question about
Traditions Sharps rifles.
They are supposedly made by Pedersoli. Does anyone have any experience with one??
I'm headed to a gunshop that is a stocking dealer to look them over this weekend
and was wondering about you guys opinions if they are good or bad or what.
Hopefully I can trade off my IAB piece of crap and get a better rifle.
Thanks for your input.
Blkpwdrbuff:castmine:

StrawHat
10-26-2007, 08:55 AM
Traditions has had a bad reputation in the past.

That being said, the two pieces I have from Traditions have both doe okay for me.

One, an 1860 revolver was okay from the start and eventually went back to the original owner.

The other is a 44 Colt, Conversion of the 1860. This one needed some work, mostly internal. Parts were soft so I took the out, polished and hardened them.

This was about a decade ago, so they may have gotten things tuned up by now.

Maybe some of the other members who actually buy new things will be able to chime in with waht's happening with the current products, just thought I'd mention the historical aspect of the company.

dubber123
10-26-2007, 04:56 PM
I bought my Sharps replica used, it is marked " Taylor and Co." or something to that effect, is this the rifle you are referring to? If so, mine has been great, I have never shot much for BP out of it, but cast with smokeless will shoot honest 1" 100 yds. groups off sandbags. H-322 powder, and a 440 gr. gas check flat nose.

NickSS
10-26-2007, 05:34 PM
As far as I know there are three outfits making Sharps rifles in Italy. Pedersoli, ArmiSport and IAB. Army Sport rifles are sold by Taylor. Other outfits are buying guns from those manufatureres and putting their names on them (Cimeron, Uberti, Traditions etc. Quality wise and price wise they go from excelent to good in this order (Pedersoli (excellent) Armi Sprot (good +) and IAB (good -). I have either owned or has shot rifles from all three and have seen good results. Fif and finish is best on Pedersoli but Army Sport is very close behind and IAB is the economy model.

dubber123
10-26-2007, 06:17 PM
As far as I know there are three outfits making Sharps rifles in Italy. Pedersoli, ArmiSport and IAB. Army Sport rifles are sold by Taylor. Other outfits are buying guns from those manufatureres and putting their names on them (Cimeron, Uberti, Traditions etc. Quality wise and price wise they go from excelent to good in this order (Pedersoli (excellent) Armi Sprot (good +) and IAB (good -). I have either owned or has shot rifles from all three and have seen good results. Fif and finish is best on Pedersoli but Army Sport is very close behind and IAB is the economy model.

Thanks, I always wondered who made mine.

iron mule
10-26-2007, 08:00 PM
hello as to who makes the sharps taylors arms sell the ones they carry most are made by armi sport but they will get one from pedersoli if you request///mule

Blkpwdrbuff
10-27-2007, 12:51 AM
Guys, once again, thanks for your input!:)
It's great to have people with experience to ask for information.
We'll see how tomorrow goes, LOL.
Blkpwdrbuff:castmine:

WBH
11-07-2007, 11:40 PM
I have 2 Pedersoli rifles in 45-90 and 45-70. Both are imported by Dixie and are MOA guns. I am very pleased with their quality and performance. My friend has one from Taylor, not a great shooter with the std weight barrel.