PDA

View Full Version : A New-I want It

KCSO
10-25-2007, 08:33 PM
I was browsing through a new to me 1953 Lyman reloading guide and found a press I have somehow missed. I am a Lyman/Ideal fan since I started with an Ideal tool many years ago. I currently have a collection of Ideal and Lyman stuff and I have 2 tru lines one of each linkage, a AA, A Spartan, A spar T and now I NEED a...
Ezy Loader. I don't know how I missed this one. I have never SEEN one but would sure like to. Maybe Floodgate has a couple of extras lying around.

floodgate
10-26-2007, 01:26 AM
KCSO:

I have one, and I know where there is another that MAY become available someday soon (a collection closeout by a friend's widow). Nag me and maybe I can get it for you.

But, believe me, you DON'T want it. Aside from the fact that is uses a mixture of 310 and 7/8 dies - and that the F/L die, though 7/8" x 14 tpi, is a totally non-standard one screwed in from BELOW, it has a totally weird automatic (sorta!) priming system that barely works with all the help you can give it.

PM me your current e-mail (I changed computulators and lost your address) and I will send you a totally un-edited assemblage of random thoughts on my as-new-in-box specimen - part of a writeup I am doing on Lyman's unique approach to bench loading tools. It says something for the {QU}Ezy-Loader that is was only offered for about three years, and that they often turn up (relatively speaking) in nearly un-used condition.

Doug

KCSO
10-26-2007, 10:34 AM
This one would probably get about the same usage as the non compound Jr., the grandkids would use it to decap cases. I'm just an Ideal nut, what can I say.

Bret4207
10-27-2007, 08:49 AM
There was one on Ebay a short time ago. Don't know if it sold or not. You might find it in the "closed auctions" in the advanced search.

Bret4207
11-01-2007, 07:26 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/LYMAN-IDEAL-EZY-LOADER-WITH-ORIGINAL-BOX_W0QQitemZ190167962842QQihZ009QQcategoryZ71120Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

There ya go! ! Lyman EZ Loader

floodgate
11-01-2007, 09:54 PM
Bret:

OK, but see my note to KCSO above. Actually, you could throw away the [SL]EZY-Loader and use the box as a nice, solid toolbox or range-box. I am now working through "decoding" the SHOTSHELL die set they also made for it. Makes the metallic set look good...

floodgate

floodgate
11-01-2007, 10:01 PM
Bret:

OK, I went and bid on it for what the box alone is worth to me, just to save Jim from perdition!

floodgate / "etagdoolf"

wolfspotter
11-02-2007, 07:28 PM
I started out using the LEE reloading kits where you use a small hammer and for the past 20 years or so Ive been happy with my Rockchucker.
The other day while raking leaves an elderly neighbor came over for a chat. Said he had all the ammo he'd ever use would I be interested in buying his Lyman spar T torrent press for $50.00, he won't be using it anymore. After the OK from my better half I walked over and bought it.
The Spar T looked like new and in the box he included the Lyman 55 powder measure, Lyman universal trimmer, large and small priming tubes, Lyman scale, two deburring tools, and Lyman 357, 30-30, 30-06 dies. Can't wait to try them out. :drinks:

Flinchrock
11-02-2007, 07:37 PM
Some folks are just downright lucky!!:drinks:

KCSO
11-02-2007, 09:21 PM
Much like my Herters double barrel press this one will be mostly for show as the turret presses I have are what sees all the use. I have a display table with old Ideal/Lyman sets on it, all in working condition and set up for one caliber each. About the only use they get is when I reload, the grandkids all grab a press and deprime cases for tumbling. I loaded a full box of 44 Russians a while back for an article and used nothing but tools original to 1880. I figure that from start to finish I had 4 hours of labor in that box of shells. The Ezy Loader can't be any worse than that!