PDA

View Full Version : Public notice: There's lead in conway arkansas

MBTcustom
09-13-2013, 06:57 PM
At conway scrap metal. Usually they have almost nothing, but today I went by the scrap yard, and there was a drum about 5' diameter, and about 5' deep, half full of lead ingots poured into LYMAN molds and others. They didn't know what the alloy was, but they were selling it for $1.25 out the door.
That's the biggest stash I have ever seen in one place. Even bigger than casa de la goodsteel.
I called everybody I could think of, and nobody's as big a pb nut as me.
$1.25 is not a bad price for lead that's already made into ingots.

HATCH
09-13-2013, 07:01 PM
Someone's stash got stolen and sold to the scrapper

35Whelen
09-13-2013, 07:19 PM
Or the guy died and his wife got rid of it, as he told her it was just scrap.......Lord I hope when I die, my wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it...... :bigsmyl2:

Hogdaddy
09-13-2013, 07:46 PM
Or the guy died and his wife got rid of it, as he told her it was just scrap.......Lord I hope when I die, my wife doesn't sell my stuff for what I told her I paid for it...... :bigsmyl2:

Ain't that the truth :bigsmyl2:
H/D

merlin101
09-13-2013, 07:49 PM

[smilie=l: You could always leave her a " to be opened upon my death" letter. I have one with my will and it's easy to change as the times change.

btroj
09-13-2013, 08:09 PM
Tim, did you irritate the Mrs and she sold your stash?

I Know where a huge stash is near Omaha, problem is it is in little bullet sized ingots in a bunch of hillside berms.....

NewbieDave007
09-14-2013, 11:05 AM
The math nerd that I am and with some assumptions of 50% space taken (for a conservative value), that would be over 17k pounds...WOW!!!