I just deleted them all
I guess if I get hit with another batch of Spam
I will have to get that E mail address deleted and make up another to use
OK rant over
It just makes me mad

John

LUBEDUDE
09-12-2013, 08:52 AM
Funny, I have 3 emails set up the same way!

Sorry this happened to ya. My #2 acct was getting hit like that so I thought if would quit using it for a long period it MAY help. WRONG!- sort of.

I just quit using it for over a year, hoping yahoo would shut it down for me due to inactivity.

After well over a year of no use it had over 6,000 emails.

But the the good news is, once I cleaned them out, I now only get a few a day.

I feel for ya brotha.

mroliver77
09-12-2013, 01:02 PM
Maybe you screwed with the wrong person! lol :kidding:

fatelk
09-12-2013, 09:39 PM
Maybe you screwed with the wrong person! lol
That reminds me of the old "mail bomb" thing. No, nothing that explodes. You all know the advertising packets that used to come in the mail (maybe still do), with maybe a hundred return cards for info on just about everything?

As a joke once many years ago, a friend and I filled out dozens of them with another friends name and address, and mailed them back for info. Her mailbox was stuffed and overflowing with junk mail every day for months. I felt terrible; what was intended and a humorous practical joke turned out to be frustrating, annoying, and just plain mean.

Some years after that, I had rented a room in a house with a couple other guys. The one guy was an arrogant, confrontational jerk. I got married and moved out. I heard from the third guy that the jerk got "mail bombed" after I left, and he blamed me. I didn't do it, but if anyone deserved it, he did! After feeling so bad for doing that to a friend, I wouldn't even do it to an enemy, but I couldn't feel sorry for him either. :)

Johnch
09-12-2013, 10:44 PM
Maybe you screwed with the wrong person! lol :kidding:

Wrong Email acount for that
Besides I have "THAT" Email acount set up to not take incoming Email

I looked again today at #2 Email
Over 300 Emails again

Guess it is time to pull the plug on that address

OH well

John

mroliver77
09-13-2013, 08:30 AM
I hate giving my email out. I have been lucky so far. I have a yahoo mail for covert operation. I think they automatically are signed up for spam!

I am glad that all they gave you was some aggravation.

myg30
09-13-2013, 09:00 AM
I think every e mail is subjected to some type of spam. Some get hit more than others. With the changes in hot mail to outlook and have cell numbers tied to e mail accounts,face book,or even your friends accounts. Once a persons address book get swiped the spammers go hog wild and hit all of them and don't stop. I have more blocked e mail addresses and the spam still shows up.
Not sure what the best way to avoid getting them is ?
Good luck, Mike

jlchucker
09-13-2013, 09:24 AM
I had 3 email accounts once, too. One was Yahoo mail. That one had a spam folder that automatically directed spam stuff into its spam file every day, and I would delete the contents of that folder almost every day. I finally figured out how to get rid of Yahoo mail, and killed off my Yahoo account a few weeks ago. My problem now is how to change my Cast Boolits website personal info to reflect my current address and take that Yahoo email address out of my records. Seems like following the directions just keeps leading me back to a request for a password. Do we really need a personal email address in our Cast Boolit info?