PDA

View Full Version : Oh Happy Day!!!!!!!!!!!

FISH4BUGS
09-11-2013, 09:50 AM
Gun owners have spoken!
This shows the value of voter turnout.
Keep it up gang!

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/11/us/colorado-lawmaker-concedes-defeat-in-recall-over-gun-law.html?hp&_r=1&

archmaker
09-11-2013, 10:07 AM
Was about to post that myself. From the Colorado site.

http://www.coloradoindependent.com/143905/last-dance-for-angela-giron

This is GREAT news!!!

The only problem is the liberal news, keeps pointing out that this is not as big of an issue as it seems. I think anytime you recall an elected official and cast him out of office, that is significant event. Look at the first post being from the NYTimes and the Independent appears to be left leaning (if not falling over).

alrighty
09-11-2013, 10:13 AM
A good starting point of taking out the trash but It still bothers me that only 25% of the registered voters even came out to cast a ballot.

snuffy
09-11-2013, 10:17 AM
WOW! Chalk one up for us good guys! That'l larn em! (you english majors, just coolit!) Gotta go renew my NRA membership, BRB!

sparky45
09-11-2013, 10:20 AM
In reading comments on an article about the Colorado Recall one comment struck me as eloquent, germane and to the point.

"Being intimidated is a feeling you choose. Being in fear is a feeling you choose. I guess you do have the right to your feelings, but you do not have the right to limit other's rights because you cannot control your feelings. The world does not revolve around you."

Wish ALL the PC people could understand the above paragraph.

LUBEDUDE
09-11-2013, 10:46 AM
Absolutely Love It!!

searcher4851
09-11-2013, 11:11 AM
While it may be good news to get those two out of office, is there any indication that the recall will cause the undoing of the damage they have done?

crawfobj
09-11-2013, 11:26 AM
In reading comments on an article about the Colorado Recall one comment struck me as eloquent, germane and to the point.

"Being intimidated is a feeling you choose. Being in fear is a feeling you choose. I guess you do have the right to your feelings, but you do not have the right to limit other's rights because you cannot control your feelings. The world does not revolve around you."

Wish ALL the PC people could understand the above paragraph.

Great quote. Goes along well with liberals making decisions based on their "feelings" versus facts and in some cases the law.

wallenba
09-11-2013, 11:27 AM
Aww...too bad. They were only trying to save us from ourselves. Somebody had to try. (sarcasm):razz:

runfiverun
09-11-2013, 11:53 AM
kicking them out doesn't rescind the laws they created.
their replacements would be wise to rescind those laws and even possibly implement new ones the other direction.
that would be a good career move as far as garnering a core group of voters.

km101
09-11-2013, 03:59 PM
A good starting point of taking out the trash but It still bothers me that only 25% of the registered voters even came out to cast a ballot.

Voter turnout in local, or NON Presidential elections is historically low. Most local elections in the last 4 years have had a turnout of only 13 - 17%. The 25% turnout is really quite good for a local election and shows that many were interested enough to vote. And they set a precedent in Colorado that may be felt far outside the state lines!

GOPHER SLAYER
09-11-2013, 06:47 PM
I couldn't wait to hear the election news out of Colorado today. I think all you gun owners and conservitives as well as the NRA deserve a big hand. I understand a man borrowed the money from his grandmother to get the recall movement started. Bloomberg spent 320,000 of his own money trying to defeat the recall. The NRA spent 360,00 in the successful effort.