PDA

View Full Version : Anyone near Richmond/Fredericksburg?

rockrat
09-10-2013, 04:35 PM
Just checking, as I might be in the area next week!! Any good shops around? Thanks

waynem34
09-10-2013, 05:08 PM
nope southern va here.

jaysouth
09-11-2013, 10:00 PM
I no longer live in the Richmond area, but a stop at Green Top is a must. This may well be the largest gunshop on the east coast.

Interesting story, Green Top started off in a service station, they then build a larger building and moved in, then expanded. They were so successful that Gander Mountain moved in a few miles away looking to suck up some of their business. Familiar story, so far? Well, Green Top put Gander Mountain out of business, then took over their old store. Kind of like stealing somebody's girlfriend, then getting his car and house.

The new store has acres and acres but still a privately owned small shop atmosphere. They may well sell as many guns as all the other gun stores in Virginia.

Spruce
09-11-2013, 10:14 PM
Green Top, near Ashland on rt.1 I think. What he said. Bass Pro is also near by. Not to much in Fredericksburg, Gander Mountain on rt.3. Clark Bros. on rt.29 near Warrenton, outdoor range and neat old gun collection on walls, some drool factor.

doctorggg
09-11-2013, 11:59 PM
Dance's Sporting Goods in South Park mall area (Colonial Heights, VA) which is about 20 miles south of Richmond just off
I-95. They have a lot of guns and ammo. Not very much in reloading supplies.