PDA

View Full Version : Prayers needed for Gods guidance

Honorstick
09-10-2013, 01:07 PM
Hi folks
I know I don't have a very high post count and I was a little apprehensive about posting this but figured it's never wrong to ask for prayer so here it goes. I'll start of with a little background first.

I am a diabetic and only 53 years old, a little over 3 years ago I was diagnosed with gastroparesis which basically means my stomach doesn't work right. With medicine we were able to get this under control but a year ago it resurfaced with a vengeance and the medicine didn't work this time. I continued to work as I was able under the FMLA plan but then in March I was admitted into the hospital and at that time our human resource manager suggested I take short term leave which I did but that expired this past Friday and the company will not allow me to work part time so I'm stuck. I have applied for long term leave insurance through our company and I was supposed to have an answer on whether it was approved by last week but have found out that it is still under evaluation due to the extensive amount of medical records and it could take another 30 to 45 days to find out if it will be approved.

I go through 3 or 4 days per week battling between constipation and diahrea and with my stomach not working right I do not absorb nutrients correctly and this causes weakness, wide swings in my blood sugar levels and severe fatique, it also causes light headedness and dizzy spells which pretty much keeps me from driving by myself.

Sorry to be so long winded but I wanted to give some background. With that said I'm asking for your prayers for guidance from the Lord as to where to go from here since I will be without any sort of income until long term insurance is approved and if long term insurance does not get approved it will cause serious hardship for me and my family and we have already been on a shoestring since March. Please pray for me and mine that we will not see all we have worked for slip away due to my inability to provide.

Thank you one and all in advance.
Bill

srtolly
09-10-2013, 01:12 PM
Prayers sent

square butte
09-10-2013, 01:35 PM
Prayers sent.

country gent
09-10-2013, 01:36 PM
Your in my thoughts and prayers now also.

Charlie Two Tracks
09-10-2013, 04:28 PM
I will do that Bill. Glad to see you here.

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-10-2013, 04:33 PM
prayers sent

aspangler
09-10-2013, 04:59 PM
I will also put you on the prayer list at church. If all else fails, go for the Social Security Disability. That's what it's there for. People like you who need it.

HollowPoint
09-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Hang in there Sir. I have no eloquent religious words to give you but, I do now what it's like to be really sick without any medical insurance; and I know how it feels to be healed of that sickness in spite of what the doctors say.

Hang in there. God is Good.

HollowPoint

w5pv
09-10-2013, 06:26 PM
Prayers sent.

mroliver77
09-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Prayer sent from NW Ohio.
J

Bzcraig
09-10-2013, 08:46 PM
Done brother and may the Peace that surpasses all understanding be upon you and your family.

DLCTEX
09-10-2013, 09:45 PM
Prayers sent. May the Lord bless you and your family.

preachinpilot
09-10-2013, 10:18 PM
May I take the liberty to say I thank God for your healing. You see I believe that when Christ died on teh cross at Calvary he took on our sickness, diease, poverty, lack, sin, etc,. He took on all of the effects of sin and gave us his reightiousness, wealth, health, holiness , and YOUR HEALING. God has healed me from several things. In my church we walk in faith and speak what we want. God has already done all he will ever do so ," I decree and declare that you are healed. Speak that healing from your mouth out loud and thank God for the healing that is already done. take your medecine, see your doctor, trust God to complete the healing. Love in Christ Preachinpilot.

wv109323
09-10-2013, 10:29 PM
Prayers Sent. I would ask the doctor about my medical future and what are the chances of returning to work. If he recommends signing up on SS disability then ask him for a letter that states you are physically unable to work in no uncertain terms. Get a POPULAR LOCAL SS lawyer to file your case from the beginning. I would file a new case about every six months with SS. You only have to win one of them.
Work closely with your lawyer and keep a copy of everything and keep it filed for easy reference. You will be asked for the same information numerous times. Take your own tape recorder to any of the appearances before an Administrative Law Judge.
Expect anything from SS. They will lie, alter records, delay, loose paper work, call you dishonest, arrive at mind boggling conclusions from your provided information, and much more.
All in all it took me seven years to fully settle with SS. The experience will leave you thinking less of America than before. SS is another part of our government that is totally out of control.
I hope and pray that you can return to work and lead a productive life. If you are "on a string" now you have not seen anything yet.
Feel free to PM if you need guidance through the SS process. I have seen it all with my case. I will gladly share my experience so that you can avoid many of the pitfalls.

Gibbs44
09-11-2013, 12:14 AM
Prayers sent for you and your family.

Honorstick
09-11-2013, 01:47 AM
Thank you all so much for keeping me in your prayers. It is very uplifting to have so many that do not know me personally taking the time out of their life in an effort to lift me up to the Lord and a true blessing to be a recipient of true brotherly love.

I am faithful that God will lead me through this just has he has done many times before in my life, it is merely my human side that causes me to seek the answers now so perhaps patience is what I am learn from this.

I am thankful every day that our great GOD allows me to walk upon this earth and enjoy his glorious creation, I am also hopefull that I will be able to return to work and provide for my family.

I have made several trips to the University of Michigan hospital trying to get something figured out but it's tough being sick to my stomach most of the time. I try to stay busy down in my workshop/gun area and even though I don't get much done most days it helps to keep my mind occupied so I don't sit around feeling sorry for myself. Sorry for running off at the mouth (keyboard).

Again though the thoughts and prayers on my behalf are greatly appreciated.

Bill

sheepdog01
09-11-2013, 02:14 AM
knee-mail on the way.

missionary5155
09-11-2013, 06:24 AM
Good morning Bill
Will also pray for you and family . We have seen our Creator and Great Physician do the impossible and He is still able.
Mike in Peru

mroliver77
09-11-2013, 12:56 PM
Bill we do know you. You are our brother! Go ahead and run on all you need to. If you need to talk ask and I and I am sure others will shoot you our phone number.

I just recently found out that there are many on this board that are disabled. I have kept that to myself and other things that I should have said something and blessed my Brothers and Sisters by letting them pray for me.

So use us if you need.
Jay

BSalty
09-11-2013, 10:20 PM
Absolutely inbound.

Wayne Smith
09-12-2013, 07:46 AM
Prayers going up from here as well. For you, your family situation and your MD's.

aspangler
09-12-2013, 08:30 AM
My church had special alter of prayer for you last night. God will heal in due time. God bless you and your family.

Honorstick
09-13-2013, 11:05 PM
Just wanted to give an update on how well prayers work.

Monday I was told it would take another 30 - 45 days for a determination on my disability insurance claim.

I then asked for prayer and you folks delivered.

Today I got a call from the insurance company that my claim was approved and I will have a check by the first of October.

Praise be to GOD for his blessing.

Now it will free up my mind to work on getting my health back on track and possibly back to work so please keep the prayers going for that.

Thank you all for lifting me up and thank you Lord for listening and answering so very quickly.

What a wonderful God we serve and while I may not be bringing in what I was while I was working we should have enough to keep the wolves from the door.

Bill :bigsmyl2::bigsmyl2:

Reloader06
09-13-2013, 11:32 PM
That's great news Bill. Prayers from another Diabetic(Insidious disease) sent on your behalf. It's in his hands, and on his time table.

Matt

Honorstick
09-13-2013, 11:50 PM
That's great news Bill. Prayers from another Diabetic(Insidious disease) sent on your behalf. It's in his hands, and on his time table.

Matt

Especially when you're also insulin resitant, makes it tough to keep it under control.

Thanks for the prayers, I know God has it under control and I'm more than ok with that.

Bzcraig
09-14-2013, 12:15 AM
knee-mail on the way.

I like that sheepdog!

shaune1022
09-14-2013, 12:16 AM
Just launched off a prayer for you, hang in there God will provide one way or another.

Bzcraig
09-14-2013, 12:17 AM
Bill we do know you. You are our brother! Go ahead and run on all you need to. If you need to talk ask and I and I am sure others will shoot you our phone number.

I just recently found out that there are many on this board that are disabled. I have kept that to myself and other things that I should have said something and blessed my Brothers and Sisters by letting them pray for me.

So use us if you need.
Jay

Right back at you Jay!

jmort
09-14-2013, 12:46 AM
Want you to know I'm praying for you Brother, and your family.

catmandu
10-03-2013, 03:35 PM
Still praying for you. Semper Fi Marine.
God is Able - He works when we can do the least.

Paul in WNY

Honorstick
10-04-2013, 09:30 AM
Just another short update. I've done enough barking at the doc's that I finally got my next appointment with the doctor at U of M moved up to this coming Monday so maybe something will come of it.

Thanks for all the prayers.

AlaskanGuy
10-04-2013, 10:05 AM
Lean on Him sir, He will carry you when you are weak, as well as when you are strong... Prayors sent from alaska

mhat
10-06-2013, 10:16 PM
Prayers for you and your family. We have a good God, just have faith and let God have your troubles. He will answer it in His time and in His way.

Mark

North_of_60
10-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Prayers sent for you and your family. Our God is an awesome God!

w5pv
10-08-2013, 04:13 PM
Prayers for you and Family.Get ss and if you are a Vet get to the VA also they owe you.

Ajax
10-12-2013, 05:53 AM
Prayers sent for you and your family. God and his son is the only way, we are blessed to have a merciful savior.

Andy