PDA

View Full Version : Sweet reloading setup for sale

andrew375
10-24-2007, 05:34 AM
Rifle shell reloader (http://cgi.ebay.com/rifle-shell-reloader-unit-4-pcs-professionaly-built_W0QQitemZ250175659500QQihZ015QQcategoryZ7112 0QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)

Andy_P
10-24-2007, 06:37 AM
I'm speechless. Are parts of that powered by compressed air? :shock: Is it a "Rube Goldberg" machine or is it serious?

dustinfamily
10-24-2007, 06:38 AM
Man thats some set up, looks like You could get lost in that thing!

creekwalker
10-24-2007, 09:56 AM
That thing looks like it would take an engineer or machinist to keep it running. While it is one of the more interesting set ups I’ve seen I’d have to say, thanks but no thanks.

cw

redneckdan
10-24-2007, 10:16 AM
*** mate?

newfoundlander
10-24-2007, 10:22 AM
After seeing a set of used Lee RGB 30-06 dies recently go for $45.00 I'm glad to see a semblance of sanity return to Ebay. I'm sure if this was relisted sombody would purchase it 'tho.

I'm assuming this is from an estate sale. If so makes one wonder what the deceased's casue of death was! [smilie=1:

trooperdan
10-24-2007, 10:23 AM
Deleted 'cause I was STUPID! :)

rr4406pak
10-24-2007, 11:23 AM
That thing looks like it came out of the Wille Wonka Factory!

9.3X62AL
10-24-2007, 11:30 AM
We should keep a photo of this contraption near at hand. In the event SWMBO ever questions a tool aquisition, such a photo would reassure her of the relative simplicity and affordability of our mainstream impliments.

It looks to me like a LOT would be going on at once with that thing. It makes a Dillon 1050 look positively simple.

floodgate
10-24-2007, 11:30 AM
Not "Rube Goldberg" but "Heath Robinson", his UK cousin!

floodgate

Lloyd Smale
10-24-2007, 11:39 AM
looks like something off the Red Green show to me!!

cattleskinner
10-24-2007, 12:16 PM
Looks like something that anyone of us should pick up, if for nothing else than to tear it apart and use the pieces seperately. For sure I see a Lyman case trimmer which would run close to 50 bucks. The deburring/chamfering contraption looks like it would come in handy having that powered. You also have a powder measure, and a couple of electric motors that would come in handy to hook up to a hand crank meat grinder. Possibilities are endless!!! :mrgreen:

~Amos

Adam10mm
10-24-2007, 01:04 PM
Hey, it's only $424 to ship to me!

Hey (redneck)Dan, check out my "WC820" thread in the Surplus Data forum. Might be doing a group buy on powder. Might be able to hit the range Sunday and talk but not for too long. We're finally moving in. Wonder if the guys would want to get in on it. Ask around. I'll have it shipped to me and run it down to Houghton.

montana_charlie
10-24-2007, 07:22 PM
There is one assembly I can't figure out.

The case trimmer is turned by the motor (so that's electrical) and it is advanced to do the cutting by that cylinder on the right (so that part is hydraulic or pneumatic).

The case chamfering station is electric motor driven, with those two 'guards' there to kill power to the cutters if a hand gets too close.

The powder measure is chain driven by the long cylinder behind it, and I assume one stroke of the cylinder drops one powder charge...but I could be wrong. Adjusting the stroke of the cylinder might adjust the weight of the charge.

Then there is that fourth 'assembly'. You'd expect to see 'something' that seats a bullet in a case, but I haven't found that...and if it's in that fourth assembly, it's certainly well hidden.

The guy who invented that setup must have been as insane as the guy who invented the hay baler...
CM

Johnch
10-24-2007, 08:38 PM
He reposted it

I looked at where it is located
If it is where I think , it is 10 miles from my house

I emailed the seller as to where he lives
If he is local , I plan on bidding $50

Could probely return most of the parts to manual use and sell them off

If I get it
I will post detailed pic's

John

cattleskinner
10-24-2007, 08:58 PM
John,

I don't know where you are in N.W. Ohio, but I looked the city he has listed up on Mapquest, and he about a half hour or a bit more east of Wooster, pretty much straight south of Canton. I thought of doing the same thing as you, bid low and get some stuff for cheap.

~Amos:drinks:

Oh, it says it's in Navarre, OH

Johnch
10-24-2007, 11:29 PM
John,

I don't know where you are in N.W. Ohio, but I looked the city he has listed up on Mapquest, and he about a half hour or a bit more east of Wooster, pretty much straight south of Canton. I thought of doing the same thing as you, bid low and get some stuff for cheap.

~Amos:drinks:

Oh, it says it's in Navarre, OH

He got back to me
His zip code is 44662

About 2 1/2 hrs from me , as I live just outside Genoa Oh ( 15 min east of Toledo )

Have to think about it
But it would be interesting to take a good look at the mad reloaders set up

I was hoping he listed Navarre as the street he lived on [smilie=1:[smilie=1:

John

fatnhappy
10-24-2007, 11:39 PM
I looked through all the pictures but didn't see a flux capacitor.

Buckshot
10-25-2007, 02:38 AM
I looked through all the pictures but didn't see a flux capacitor.

.............Nope, but did you notice there was a place for Dy-Lithium cyrstals?

................Buckshot

ktw
10-25-2007, 11:22 AM
It would make a great visual aid for a mechanical engineering class.
e.g. The possibilities are only limited by our imaginations. The good, the bad and the ugly with respect to industrial design, etc

It also brings to mind the British TV show "Junkyard Wars". I loved that show.

-ktw

Phil
10-25-2007, 01:45 PM
Oh crap, I was going to bid on it but I think I see an unobtainium chamber in one pic. I used all I had in my wayback machine and now I can't get any more. :-D

Cheers,

Phil

GSM
10-25-2007, 02:10 PM
How long do you figure it took him to get that unit out of the Delorean?

MtGun44
10-25-2007, 02:13 PM
the guy must have been an industrial equipment designer and just
wanted to 'keep his hand in' upon retirement. The auto shutoff and
guards are like industrial equipment in the 60s.

Almost funny, but sad in a way. This is prolly what's gonna happen to my
stuff when I croak.:???:

Bill

montana_charlie
10-25-2007, 02:17 PM
did you notice there was a place for Dy-Lithium cyrstals?
I did, but didn't mention it because I wasn't sure if that is spelled 'Dy-Lithium' or 'dilithium'. Said with a Scottish accent, it could go either way.

I have a few 'special purpose' devices sitting around that I...umm...built.
When not in use, they might seem rather 'inscrutable', but not to the extent (nor as heavily engineered) as the tools in question.

One item is a device to keep cattle from backing up while in a crowding alley. I had to discard it because it scared the sh!t out of the cows...
CM

Andy_P
10-25-2007, 03:05 PM
I hope someone from this board who lives near the seller can score it and be able to study it more closely. A person could devote a website to that contraption.

Show how closely genius borders insanity - both ridiculous and fascinating at the same time.

KYCaster
10-25-2007, 03:10 PM
As others have pointed out, the machine uses commercially available components for the case prep and powder drop operations. It seems to me that all this could be accomplished just as easily(and quickly) with the original components minus the automation.

So this leads me to believe that loading rifle ammo is, at best, a secondary purpose of the machine's design. It's obvious to me that its primary use is a wife repellant!

Properly installed in the garage, barn or other sanctuary, it should provide many hours of peaceful solitude in your retirement years.

Let the bidding war begin!!!:drinks:

Jerry

HTRN
10-26-2007, 06:15 PM
the guy must have been an industrial equipment designer and just
wanted to 'keep his hand in' upon retirement. The auto shutoff and
guards are like industrial equipment in the 60s.

Yah, that was my impression too - My first though was "packaging machinery".

HTRN

ron brooks
10-26-2007, 09:07 PM
It looks to me like it needs a sonic screwdriver for adjustments.

Sundogg1911
10-30-2007, 04:20 PM
:-D After seeing that....I went to my shop and Hugged my Dillons!
:drinks:

dukenukum
10-30-2007, 05:41 PM
quick call doctor who !

lathesmith
10-31-2007, 02:42 PM
After a bit of study, I think I saw this machine on that PBS show "Roadside visions and Rare Attractions". I think it was right next to the UFO that some guy had for sale. Of course, if you believe this, I have a bridge I would like to sell you, cheap...
Actually, Lloyd, I don't think this is something from Red Green, it doesn't appear to be held together with (enough)duct tape. On the other hand, it does seem to fit Red's motto that "...any tool...can be the right tool." Hmmm....

Taylor
10-31-2007, 03:38 PM
I miss the Red Green show.

TAWILDCATT
10-31-2007, 05:24 PM
all i saw was a british collectors site.my computer got nothing.