PDA

View Full Version : Procedure for changing lubes in a RCBS lubasizer

like it all
09-08-2013, 01:44 PM
I have been using Javalina lube in my Lubasizer for years. I just purchased some white label Carnuba red and wish to begin using it as the last of the Javalina runs through the machine. Do I need to purge the Javalina from the machine, or can I just add the next tube to the reservoir? I was thinking that turning up the heater as the Javalina ran out and then put in the Carnuba. Would it be detrimental for them to mix? Any advice would be appreciated.:cbpour:

prickett
09-08-2013, 02:25 PM
It shouldn't matter if you leave in the old lube and add the new on top. Its really a matter of preference (yours). If you want to know you are only using one type of lube (e.g. you are trying to evaluate a new recipe) you can turn your press upside down, remove the top, and hit it with 2 or three incandescent lights (from about an inch away). The heat will melt the lube out of the press and into a pan or cup. Takes about 30 minutes (during which you can do something else)

geargnasher
09-08-2013, 02:31 PM
Personally, I'd melt out the Javelina before putting CR on top. If you had purchased BAC instead, I'd say just put it on top because it's really similar. CR is a good bit different and has a higher melt point than Javelina 50/50, and since you will need a little heat to make the CR flow, it might make the remains of the Javelina too runny by the time the CR is soft enough to use.

Gear