PDA

View Full Version : Highway bandits alive and well

Beekeeper
09-07-2013, 12:39 PM
It isn't any secret that My wife is one sick puppy and I have been away taking care of her but had to write and tell this.
I sold all of my Milsurp stuff < rifles. Molds , ammo , 1/2 of my powder stash , and 1/2 of my lead stash as well as 10000 primers to a Doctor and his prepper partners.
They loaded it all up in one of their pickups ( no camper shell just a tarp) and headed to their prepper compound somewhere in zonie land.
Stopped in Holbruck Arizona for lunch. Came out and pickup gone.
Found 3 hours later about 3 miles from resturant. Sign on windshield says "Thanks for the great gear, Will put it to good use."

At least the robbers thanked them for the great rifles.

Now the Doc is asking me to sell the rest of my guns and gear.

beekeeper

Ps will probably be a while before I get back so have a great day.

41 mag fan
09-07-2013, 12:43 PM
I hope your wife gets better beekeeper. Sorry to hear she is sick.

That's funny...dumb Dr's cant figure out they left an open advertisement in the back of a pickup.
I wouldn't sell them anything else, but thats just me.

Wayne Smith
09-07-2013, 02:30 PM
They are MD's AND preppers and they couldn't expect this??

Mk42gunner
09-07-2013, 04:17 PM
Now just why does the doc's story sound fishy to me?

Beekeeper, wishing the best for you and your wife.

Robert

NSP64
09-07-2013, 04:54 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^EXACTLY^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I would watch my 6 if you know what I mean.

GOPHER SLAYER
09-07-2013, 08:44 PM
We were taking a trip to Florida in 1973 and I wanted to take route 40 to New Mexico then take route 25 down throught the middle of the state. Since we had driven across New Mexico on 60,66,40 and 10 I thought it would be nice to see the center of the state. I asked my brother who was a long haul trucker at the time what he thought of my plan. He checked with other truckers and they all cautioned against it because of bandits who come up from Mexico and lay in wait for campers and RV'S. They rob one or two and scoot back across the border. Since then I have seen news reports about the same thing. When I travel, instate or out, when we stop to eat I always try to park where I can watch my vehicle.

smoked turkey
09-07-2013, 11:14 PM
Beekeeper, so sorry to hear about your wife's sickness. I have prayed for her and that all will be well. Use wisdom in dealing with those you are forced to deal with at this time. It does smell a little fishy, especially the thank-you note.

Larry D.
09-08-2013, 12:01 AM
Holbrook is suspect.
I'd bet the local sheriff has a thought or two about the theft.
As to the Doc, He already made his deal. It belonged to him when it went missing.

Matt85
09-08-2013, 12:29 AM
sorry to hear about the wife, hopefully things will improve.

as far as the theft story, it does sound a little fishy. if its true then the guy who bought the stuff from you is dumb, you should never leave guns in a vehicle without someone watching!

-matt

Slow Elk 45/70
09-08-2013, 12:45 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss....like the old saw goes , watch your six, and be ready to shoot the scum... IMHO

TXGunNut
09-08-2013, 01:36 AM
Make sure all the serial numbers are reported stolen, you don't want the ATF pestering you at a time like this.
Doc's are incredibly smart but make the dumbest mistakes. I was in an investment group with a couple, we all lost our shirts. I'd say one of the preppers was in on it....but what do I know?

km101
09-08-2013, 12:03 PM
Just goes to show that just because you are educated, you are not automatically smart!

And most anyone should be able to make up a better story than that. Sounds fishy to me too!

And that's good advice about making sure that the serial #'s are reported. And I hope you have a copy of the bill-of-sale.

starmac
09-08-2013, 12:14 PM
The doctor may not be so dumb. I am not up on cali's laws, but doesn't all gun sales (even private) there have some paperwork. Now he legally does not own them anymore.

Trey45
09-08-2013, 12:16 PM
Some of the most idiotic people I know are also some of the most highly educated.

Rick R
09-08-2013, 12:26 PM
Good luck to you and your wife.

As to the Doctors, maybe the terrain there wasn't condusive to the old "lost them when the canoe capsized" alibi.

762 shooter
09-08-2013, 12:29 PM
I'm with Starmac and RickR. What bad luck.:violin:

Bill*
09-08-2013, 03:18 PM
The doctor may not be so dumb. I am not up on cali's laws, but doesn't all gun sales (even private) there have some paperwork. Now he legally does not own them anymore.

Exactly...I guess the old "boating accident" would be suspicious :bigsmyl2:

GOPHER SLAYER
09-08-2013, 05:00 PM
I am so sorry to hear about your wife Beekeeper. I know what a blow it can be when your better half gets sick. In July of 2011 my wife, after talking on the phone with her doctor, came in to the living room and said"the doctor just told me I have cancer". She went through six months of chemo which removed her hair and in general made her life miserable, but they saved her life, to which I am eternaly grateful. With all a doctors training and skill they can still do strange things. As you know Doctors where there with Jim Jones and his bunch of loonies, in fact they were passing out the KoolAid.

Freightman
09-09-2013, 09:06 AM
Beekeeper I will be praying for you and your wife, education is not a degree it is defined as "acquired knowledge". Keep us informed about your wife!

Catshooter
09-09-2013, 11:52 PM
Most people, even "preppers" don't really believe 'it can happen to them'. Not down deep.

I'd bet good money that they don't carry 24/7 either.

Prepping is just a game to them. Nothing bad will ever really happen to them.

Sad.

Cat