PDA

View Full Version : I'm back to work!

theperfessor
09-04-2013, 10:13 PM
I am back to work and back in business! I saw the two surgeons today who did my neck surgery five weeks ago. Both gave me a clean bill of health and a full release to get back to work (actually, I've been doing the professor-thing for the last two weeks but I haven't done any lab/shop work yet) and also to get back in business. I had a "laminoplasty with instrument" on five of my neck vertebra (C3-C7). I was suffering from cervical stenosis, a narrowing of the interior of the vertebra that was compressing my spinal cord. They cracked open each vertebra and put a spacer in to enlarge the hole. I got to see the result in an X-ray, the spacers are still where they should be and are already showing significant bonding and healing.

I have had very little pain and feel much better and with luck I may regain some of the strength I lost in my upper body.

In any case I am open for business again and taking orders for nose punches, sizer sets and die retention nut drivers. I also have several new products that I've developed and haven't had the chance to make yet. I'm really looking forward to doing some shop work this weekend, it's been killing me to look at my CNC lathe and not be able to turn it on and run anything.

Thanks to all who have kept me in their thoughts and prayers. Your kindness is appreciated.

Dean D.
09-04-2013, 10:16 PM
Awesome news Keith! Welcome back!

Idaho Mule
09-04-2013, 11:07 PM
Yes, welcome back, and I hope all heals well as soon as possible. JW

smoked turkey
09-04-2013, 11:09 PM
theperfessor-Keith I am so glad to see you out amonst them again! Also very good news on a rather complex surgery. I am sure you will be able to resume normal activities and possibly have some of the strength you lost. I look forward to your posts and miss you when you are "out".

Bzcraig
09-04-2013, 11:14 PM
Really great news that you are feeling better. Nothing worse than going through all that just to trade pains. What a pain in the neck, pun intended. Glad to have you back.

Artful
09-04-2013, 11:17 PM
Congratulations - hoping you have a full recovery of all your strength

09-05-2013, 12:04 AM
Awesome!

Mk42gunner
09-05-2013, 12:23 AM
Glad to read that you are doing well.

Robert

Sweetpea
09-05-2013, 12:46 AM
Glad to hear it.

I will be sending some work your way soon.

Brandon

David2011
09-05-2013, 12:48 AM
Great news, Keith. Glad you're on the way back to your old self. Once in a while, I think of you when I pick up my Castboolits hammer just to look at it. Prettiest tool I own. Thanks!

David

carbine86
09-05-2013, 12:56 AM
Glad you are back to work i had my secomd shoulder surgery back in may and i cant go back to work till I can consistently lifw 50# up to shoulder height. Looking like the middle of october for me.

Recluse
09-05-2013, 01:02 AM
Best kind of news there is, Keith!

:coffee:

ph4570
09-05-2013, 01:07 AM
Good to hear of the recovery.

jmort
09-05-2013, 01:20 AM
This is a good report. Always nice to hear a good report. Good for you.

waksupi
09-05-2013, 01:21 AM
Good to have you back!

TreeKiller
09-05-2013, 01:34 AM
Keith Great news do not push it and quit when you are tired we can all wait a few days for whatever we ordered.

pmeisel
09-05-2013, 01:50 AM
Great news. Hope you feel like a million bucks.

**oneshot**
09-05-2013, 06:18 AM
That is Awesome Keith!!!!! Glad to hear all is well.

Wayne Smith
09-05-2013, 07:56 AM
Great News, Keith! I know it feels good to get back in the saddle.

remy3424
09-05-2013, 09:21 AM
Excellant news Keith! It is amazing what they can do today. I had a much simplier procedure done a few years ago and it made a world of difference. There is no substitute for a good back. Keep on cranking out the great products you offer....I am a satisfied customer.

Lance Boyle
09-05-2013, 10:46 AM
Good deal! The older I get the more I realize how true that old saying, "if you don't have your health, you don't have anything", is.

May your recovery be full and your life too for that matter.

theperfessor
09-05-2013, 10:51 AM
I have a 6" (150mm) or so long scar right up the middle of my neck in the back. Looks like a zipper up my back, where the aliens pulled my body out and stuffed a volunteer alien into my skin...

One of my surgeons pointed out that scars that go parallel to the spine in the rear are usually OK; it's the ones that go across the spine in the front that are troublesome...

ultramag
09-05-2013, 10:55 AM
Glad you're healed up and ready to get back to it!!!

blackthorn
09-05-2013, 11:00 AM
Outstanding! Welcome back!

JonB_in_Glencoe
09-05-2013, 11:02 AM
Great news, and welcome back.

I never thought I've need your conversion die for mounting a Lyman size die into a standard reloading press...But Dang, when it comes to re-sizing a already lubed boolit, seems I have a lot of sizes of Lyman dies that I don't have in the Lee style.
Are you still offering them ?
I see they are not listed on your sig. line.
Jon

theperfessor
09-05-2013, 11:09 AM
JonB, I still have them for sale. I ran out of space in sigline to list everything. My son is going to set me up a website, when that is going I'll change sigline and include a website link with pictures and descriptions and with a better listing of products and prices. Email me at keiththeperfessor@gmail.com and I'll work with you to get you what you need.

Here is link for basic info on the sets:
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?158620-Sign-Up-List-for-Nose-First-Sizer-Kit-Part-2

41 mag fan
09-05-2013, 12:38 PM
I have a 6" (150mm) or so long scar right up the middle of my neck in the back. Looks like a zipper up my back, where the aliens pulled my body out and stuffed a volunteer alien into my skin...

One of my surgeons pointed out that scars that go parallel to the spine in the rear are usually OK; it's the ones that go across the spine in the front that are troublesome...

They say the aliens have a harder time stuffing you back in your body when the scars are in front!!!
Glad to see you're doing ok and back at it...now to find out what new toys you're inventing!! :wink:

km101
09-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Awesome news! I'm sure that you are anxious to get back to doing the "normal" things again. Just don't try to do too much at once.

Really glad you are back and that all went well. Prayers for your continued health and improvement!

dragonrider
09-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Good new Keith, glad to hear it.

Dale in Louisiana
09-05-2013, 03:06 PM

Got me one of those in my late 40's. closest thing to a medical miracle that I can imagine. the pain before the surgery was excruciating. Had there not been a surgery to fix it, suicide was a real option.

Afterward? Blue skies, birds singing...

dale in Louisiana

MtGun44
09-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Sir,
It is very good to hear that you are doing well. Best wishes and kind thoughts coming your
way.

Bill

gray wolf
09-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Sorry I am late on this one, But it's with great pleasure that I say
"" Stupendous "" Julie and I are glad to hear all went well and your up and about.
Stay well and thank you for being you.

Sam & Julie

Ramar
09-06-2013, 05:19 AM
Good for you Keith!

LIMPINGJ
09-07-2013, 10:40 AM
Great to hear you will be able to return to work. Can't wait to see what new tools you have come up with.

theperfessor
09-12-2013, 02:51 PM
Well, I got a bunch of orders real quick and have been working my way through them. I let some of my supplies get low before my surgery and I have to stock up on a few things. Had a few muscle spasms in my neck the first two or three days I bent over to run a lathe but that is fading and I feel myself getting stronger daily. I think I've contacted everybody that has ordered items or sent inquires, and I am rapidly getting on top of things. I appreciate everyone's patience while I get things running again. This is a great crew here.