PDA

View Full Version : There is still treasure on Ebay

Char-Gar
09-03-2013, 03:45 PM
I am an old school reloading tool guy and like Lyman 310 tong tools. On Ebay a guy had up for sale a full Lyman 310 kit, with original 60's box, tool, adapter and a full set of dies. He did not mention caliber and an email yielded no answer. A close look told me it was 303 British, so I clicked the "Buy It Now" for $50.00.

It arrived today and sure enough it was 303 British. The good thing is this die set and handles can also load 30-40 just fine as the case adapter and priming die are the same. With another case adapter and priming die (which I have) it also loads 308 Win. and 300 Savage. The set also contained the right case neck expanders for both jacketed and cast bullets.

There are still over looked treasures and bargains on Ebay for the fellow with a sharp eye and a quick forefinger on the mouse.

M Hicks
09-05-2013, 01:57 PM
Sounds like you have a good find. I have seen a few of the 310 tools but never messed with them. I am not sure about what parts or there or missing or what.

1Shirt
09-05-2013, 04:11 PM
Started loading with a 310 in 222. Still have a couple of sets of dies! Once in awhile it is good to visit the past!
1Shirt!

starmac
09-08-2013, 07:22 PM
Sounds like you have a good find. I have seen a few of the 310 tools but never messed with them. I am not sure about what parts or there or missing or what.

I am in the same boat. I have several tools that have come with other things I have bought at one time or other, never used one though.

evan price
09-09-2013, 06:25 AM
Nabbed two Lee 6-cavity molds WITH Lee handles new in box for under $75 for the pair with shipping. Looked like somebody bought them and set them aside and never used them. I call that good, especially since they were models I wanted before the shortage and hadn't seen since. You just have to wade through ten pages of overpriced junk to find the gems.

Green Frog
09-09-2013, 06:15 PM
310 tools are still sort of my "go to" tools when I want to load a few rounds of something... I have an assortment of dies so I can get going on most common handgun cartridges. Then I go up to my "serious" loading on a TruLine Jr press!:bigsmyl2: It's all in your perspective!

There are bigger presses, newer presses, and faster presses in my loading room, but none I enjoy using more. :wink:

Froggie

1Shirt
09-09-2013, 08:52 PM
Yep! Perspective means a lot! Separates the goose from the gander quite often!
1Shirt!

savagetactical
09-30-2013, 09:16 PM
I remember my Grandfather loading a 310 many many many years ago. It was the only load tool he owned. He loaded for his lever gun when he needed ammunition. I need to dig that old 310 and clean it up. I know it has not been used in at least 20 years now, I was the last person to load any ammunition with it.

texassako
09-30-2013, 09:52 PM
I like using the couple of 310 tools I have. I feel a bit of nostalgic using them after I found most of the old style tong tools and die sets for my Remington Model 8s on ebay for pretty cheap. The best deal was $15 for a well used but complete .35 Remington setup with a broken depriming pin. Kind of feels like I am loading ammo like the original Model 8 owners might have.

Green Frog
10-02-2013, 06:42 AM
Amen and amen. You can't overemphasize the nostalgia factor when it comes to reloading with the 310 tool. It's not fast, you don't full length resize, and there are more efficient ways to load (especially on a bench at home) but there is something very satisfying about occasionally taking a trip down Memory Lane and doing things the old fashioned way. 8-)

Froggie

NoZombies
10-03-2013, 01:12 AM
I have a few of the tongs, and I like to have a set of dies for anything that I load regularly. It also makes load development at the range that much easier. I just bring some components with me and set down and load till I find what I like.

William Yanda
10-23-2013, 10:28 PM
Sometimes someone else sees it too. I just missed on a Pac tool 20 Ga. kit. I bid $10 and someone else bid $20.
Bill

redleg105
11-16-2013, 10:49 AM
I've found several old reloading tools and dies on Gun Broker. They also have a Buy It Now option for buyers. I like them better than Ebay as they are not Commiefornia Politicically Correct like Ebay. I have also sold on Gunbroker and I don't get fleeced by Paypal. I wish more people would use them I know I will.

dtknowles
11-16-2013, 01:41 PM
I've found several old reloading tools and dies on Gun Broker. They also have a Buy It Now option for buyers. I like them better than Ebay as they are not Commiefornia Politicically Correct like Ebay. I have also sold on Gunbroker and I don't get fleeced by Paypal. I wish more people would use them I know I will.

I switched to GunBroker a few years ago, was happy selling brass there and bought a few guns. Had to stop going there, too much cool stuff..:-)

Tim

Mike Kerr
11-18-2013, 03:32 PM
Treasures are still to be found but seemingly they are buried under more and more over priced items.

Char-Gar
11-18-2013, 06:14 PM
Yep the treasures are still there. Today I took deliver on a complete 310 set (box handles etc, etc.) for the 45 Colt round. These get snapped up pretty quick and are more costly that most other calibers as these tools are popular with the cowboy set. These popped up with a buy it now price of $70.00 and I pounced.

I cleaned them up and loaded a few rounds. I am happy.