PDA

View Full Version : Your prayers would be appreciated.

Urny
10-22-2007, 03:00 PM
My Dad passed away yesterday at Sutter Memorial Hospital in Sacramento. My sister and brothers, our spouses, and some of Dad's Grandchildren and Great Grandchildren were there with him, and he passed quietly and we think with a minimum of pain. Dad was a war hero, a Deacon of his church in Libby, Montana, until he came here in the spring to be nearer his old home, and a wonderful father, brother, husband to our mom, and gentle friend to the world. We will miss him. The memorial service will be at his old church home, an area Baptist Church, and we will be here until then.

When we return to Northeastern Nevada, I will contact those of you who are waiting for a reply on the .32 S&W brass. Thank you for your patience.

Urny
Ernie and Linda Beller

onceabull
10-22-2007, 03:09 PM
You,your siblings,and Linda,will have the prayers of Joy & I going up for you.. some memory flashes for me,as the StepDad that raised me from ages 8-20,passed away at Sutter ,spring of 1958.

Nueces
10-22-2007, 03:37 PM
My condolences, Urny. I'm happy to hear you have good memories of your Dad.

Mark

felix
10-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Rest assured, any prayers requested by members on this board will be offered by my family, specifically, for sure, by Pat and myself. We say the Rosary every night together, and we try and remember the pertinent requests individually. ... felix

testhop
10-22-2007, 03:42 PM
my condolences also keep the good memorys thay will last forever

tom

Bret4207
10-22-2007, 04:49 PM
Best wishes to you and yours at this hard time. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers. Cherish the time you had with him.

wiljen
10-22-2007, 05:07 PM
My condolences to you and your family. I'll certainly add you to my prayers this evening.

crabo
10-22-2007, 05:13 PM
You got it. Thanks for giving us the opportunity to pray for you during this time. Sounds like he was a good man.

Crabo

Lloyd Smale
10-22-2007, 05:18 PM
he sounds like a great man. My prayers are with you and your family.

Dale53
10-22-2007, 06:48 PM
Urny;
Our prayers are with you in this time of great sorrow. Try to keep in mind all of the good times.

Dale53

Char-Gar
10-22-2007, 07:14 PM
You have my prayers and heat felt sympathy for your loss..

Murphy
10-22-2007, 07:19 PM
You have my heatfelt sympathy, may Gods love comfort you in your worst of times.

Murphy

MT Gianni
10-22-2007, 07:23 PM
It appears that Libby has lost another great man. I wish you the best during all this. Gianni

SharpsShooter
10-22-2007, 07:29 PM
Prayers on the way and may God give you the strength to endure this trouble time.

SS

BorderBrewer
10-22-2007, 07:52 PM
Urny,
May God give you strength and peace to see you and your family through this difficult time. I will contact my prayer circle and your Dad will be remembered in our prayers.
BorderBrewer

DLCTEX
10-22-2007, 08:02 PM
Urny, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. May God bless and comfort you. Dale

waksupi
10-22-2007, 08:15 PM
My best to you, Urny. I'm glad he was able to spend time near you this year.

dragonrider
10-22-2007, 09:40 PM
Urny my condolences to you and your family.

NVcurmudgeon
10-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Ernie, our condolences to you and your family. I sent you an E-mail today regarding Libby, guess you didn't get it, but your post is my answer. Glad you got to spend time with him recently.

Everybody, thank any WWII or Korean vets you know every chance you get. We owe them plenty, and they are a vanishing band of heroes.

JDL
10-23-2007, 11:23 AM
My sincerest condolences and prayers said for you and your family. My dad, who was in the AAF in WWII, is in rehab after suffering a stroke 6 weeks ago yesterday. Good news is he is going home Friday if no setbacks occur. -JDL

9.3X62AL
10-23-2007, 11:31 AM
Thoughts and prayers for you and yours, Urny. Another member of Our Greatest Generation passes on to his reward.

44woody
10-23-2007, 11:42 AM
condolences from my family to your in this time of sorrow 44Woody

twotrees
10-23-2007, 04:35 PM
Having lost my Dad and Mom years ago and my first wife and oldest son a few years ago I know what you are feeling.

May he take you and yours in his hands now and foe ever.

TwoTrees and RedFoxy

walltube
10-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Condolences from me and my family to you and yours. Requested prayers a done deal.

castalott
10-25-2007, 08:15 PM
Hi Ernie! You, your family , and your dad are in my thoughts and prayers. Your dad was one of 'The Greatest Generation." Bless them all!!

Stand tall Ernie...you have good blood in your veins....

cobbmtmac
10-26-2007, 06:51 PM
Ernie and Linda,

Please let Marlene and I add our Love and Heart Felt Sympathy for your loss. Like many have said your father is a HERO! Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire familey.

BTW, Marlene and I were Married 50 years ago this coming March, in the same Sutter Hospital in Sacramento. We had planned to Marry in June, but out of nowhere came the sad news that her and onceabull's Stepfather was terminally ill. It was not until then that we found out that he was so looking forward to giving Marlene away. We quickly made some ajustments, so his WISH could be granted. He passed away one week later.
--------MEMORIES-------

Mac & Marlene

Single Shot
10-26-2007, 09:20 PM
My prayers are with you and your family. I lost my Father many years ago and still feel the loss when ever I enter the woods. We spent many years fishing and hunting together.

PatMarlin
10-27-2007, 09:12 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss Urny. Lost my Grandmother near the same time in Sacramento also, so I was down there when you were for the same thing.

I'm here in Sac right now, so if you need anything, want some cheering up or meet for a beer or cup of coffee- PM me.

I was born down the street from Sutter... :drinks:

Urny
10-30-2007, 12:10 PM
We just got home from Sacramento and want to thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. Wish I had been able to use the net and had gotten PatMarlin's message, I would have loved to visit. Our prayers and condolences for your Grandmother and family, Pat. JDL, I hope your Dad is well. Our prayers are going out for you to.

Mac, Sutter holds a lot of memories for our family, too. My late son Ryan was born there, and several cousins, nieces and nephew's as well.

The California State Honor Guard was at the service, and presented my Mom with the Flag, which was followed by a piper blowing Amazing Grace. Pastor Kell conducted the service, and his Daughter-in-law Faith sang a beautiful solo, then us kids (I"m 60) took over from there. Dad would have been quietly pleased.

Ernie and LINDA