PDA

View Full Version : 311332 , ...yes !

Digger
09-01-2013, 09:42 PM
Been playing around with the 311299 and 311365 , picked up a 311332 in a deal a while back, cast some up and went to the range today.
Put about 27 gr. of H4895 w/filler behind them to try out initially ,at fifty yards, loaded up 21 to start with (odd number , I know ) but it filled two eight rd. clips with six extra for single shot try outs for my Garand tanker -308 .
Right out of the box , they functioned perfectly, C.O.L was just under 2.80 (just made the lube groove disappear) ...
Still learning how to shoot the military peep sights ..but enjoyed it a lot today !
At least they were all on paper this time !!.
Think the gun is telling me it can shoot better than me , "just get to know me a little more" .

Ben
09-02-2013, 10:53 AM
Looks like you are off to a great start.

Ben

Digger
09-02-2013, 11:23 AM
Yes , definitely a "start" .... with work the last few months , trying to find time.
With your lube there Ben and more practice , refining the technique I will be able to start grouping I am sure.
Still have to work on a stable rest set up to hold the rifle decently ......
It is a work in progress for sure and have been enjoying every ones input here.
thanks
digger

1Shirt
09-02-2013, 11:45 AM
Like Ben says, good start! Keep us posted!
1Shirt!

Digger
09-02-2013, 03:31 PM
Thanks there 1Shirt .... will get there sooner or later , By the way Ben , looked down the bore today just to check ,, Still very shiny ! not one speck of lead or powder ,all the groove and lands look sharp.
Have been shooting the other combos in the learning curve and have yet to formally brush the bore.
Just checked the gas cylinder and plug ,one little speck of lead. ... happy camper so far.