PDA

View Full Version : H&R RemLin

double8
09-01-2013, 08:01 PM
Was going to buy an H&R pump shotgun until I found out it would be an H&R RemLin. Must be careful these days when you buy anything. It may not be what you think it is. :veryconfu

jmort
09-01-2013, 08:07 PM
"It may not be what you think it is."

It is not a "RemLin," it is made in China and is very well made at that. 870 clone and worth every penny. No, it is not what you think it is, it is better. The private equity company that owns Remington/Marlin/H&R bought out H&R a while ago, so I'm not sure what your point is?

double8
09-01-2013, 08:35 PM
My point is that those brands, Remington, Marlin, and H&R have really suffered in the quality department. My Marlin 795 Stainless was a disaster, and if you read through various forums, many quality issues are revealed with "RemLin".

Harter66
09-02-2013, 03:24 PM
The kungpow H&Rs aren't up to the quality standards like the Yapanese Browings are.

Its getting harder and harder to buy anything made here. Its been 5yr and 8 guns since I bought 1 made here.It was a Wards pump circa 59' w/an H&R single from the 70's. A Yugo s k s,Croatian pistol w/IMI extras,Italian 51' Colts and 58'Remmy ,Spanish Hawkens and Frontier rifle and Mauser. My BPS was from Japan probably the same foundry the 7.7 Arisaka came from, my A5 was Belgin. Even Weatherby is made off shore.

Sadly the only way to get a top shelf American made new gun is to pay for it and in some cases buy guns not normally associated w/the top shelf.......

starmac
09-02-2013, 04:21 PM
There are still lots of guns made here, it just depends on what a guy wants, and always has. I happen to like my one and only remlin, I could do without the crossbolt safety, but that came about before remlin did.

41 mag fan
09-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Bought a remlin 45-70 back on Dec 31. Very bad mistake. It'll be a long time before I ever buy a new gun from them again.
Had to have the ejector worked over due to gouging the case rim so bad it was leaving a burr and a half.
Still not right, gunsmith is afraid to take any more off of it or it wont eject the cases.

double8
09-02-2013, 10:03 PM
I recently bought a CZ 452 Lux, then a CZ 83 .380. Both are great, no issues whatsoever. Probably get the CZ 612 12 ga pump next and forget the H&R pump for my home defense shotgun.
I don't know if there are any "top shelf American made guns".

starmac
09-02-2013, 10:28 PM
Bought a remlin 45-70 back on Dec 31. Very bad mistake. It'll be a long time before I ever buy a new gun from them again.
Had to have the ejector worked over due to gouging the case rim so bad it was leaving a burr and a half.
Still not right, gunsmith is afraid to take any more off of it or it wont eject the cases.

Would a bear proof ejector from wwg cure it?? Or is the problem something beside the ejector itself?