PDA

View Full Version : Good Prices on machine tool accessories.

leftiye
10-22-2007, 01:13 AM
I just recently got a .250' to .500 "set of pin gauges on Evilbay. Best price I've seen anywhere. Another member here posted a link to the gauges, and I found that the seller had a bunch of them and got a set.

The seller's name is 800watt. He lists over 800 items in his ebay store. I was a little skeptical about quality, but decided to give it a chance because the auction said they were made in England- usually good stuff.

After looking at his other items, I was pretty well blown away by his prices. I asked him if he had a catalog (to get away from eBay) so that I could mention it here. He answered that he was setting up an internet site/ store, and that he would let me know when it was up and running. Stated that he was a wholesaler, and that he sold to MSC (I had mentioned MSC to him).

If/when I hear from him I'll post a link here to his site.

3006guns
10-22-2007, 08:46 AM
Caution: I also visit the "Practical Machinist" website and there is quite a discussion about this seller....mostly negative. No response to emails, slow shipping, poor packaging etc. The general consensus is that the products are a pretty good deal but the service is horrible. I have not personally dealt with him (her) but the name "800 Watt" rang a bell, so I would recommend doing a search on their site and deciding for yourself.:-?

leftiye
10-22-2007, 03:24 PM
Good info! I haven't looked for machinist equipment on Evilbay before. There are numerous other sellers there, some with prices just as good. He answered emails fairly well. I think he has a spam blocker on his emails, so going through eVilbay messaging worked best. Plus, I'd expect him to respond to feedback about this and get better over time.

quasi
10-23-2007, 05:36 PM
I have bought from him a few times, he is a slow shipper. My pin gauges arrived with a damaged case. He has never responded to my emails.

charlie3tuna
10-23-2007, 06:18 PM
I also bought a set from 800watt, and the case was smashed. No cushioning at all in the package! SAID it will be replaced when the October shipment comes in. We'll see.

charlie

leftiye
10-23-2007, 06:54 PM
I sent him a message about the reaction here and at "Practical Machinist". Told him I'd like to see him suceed so that he'd be around to sell me cheap tools!

HotGuns
10-23-2007, 09:22 PM
I bought a set of 4 drill chucks with R-8 shanks on them for my milling machine. IT was a good price.

I got the 4 R-8 shanks with 3 drill chucks to fit...the smallest chuck was a screw on chuck that did not fit the R-8, I emailed him and he said the he would send me the proper chuck..one that I have needed dozens of times since then. That was back in March.

I am still waiting for my chuck....and NOT holding my breath...