PDA

View Full Version : What happens if...

crabo
10-21-2007, 10:03 PM
What happens if I load a bullet that doesn't have a full lube ring? Does the residual lube from the revious bullet help make up for it? I would assume velocity would affect this, but I am talking about a 200 swc .45 acp over 5.3 of 231.

I think it could really affect a full bore load.

Thanks,

Crabo

Bula
10-21-2007, 10:43 PM
I'd bet you'd be ok as long as it had most of the ring intact, especially in 45 acp at the velocities you're pushing them.

MT Gianni
10-21-2007, 11:14 PM
At long range you may get some imbalance but at 25 yards I doubt you would see it. Gianni

kodiak1
10-22-2007, 12:03 AM
As long as you don't have a bunch repetative you should be fine.
Ken.

Lloyd Smale
10-22-2007, 06:17 AM
accuracy wise at the range your shooting a acp it wont matter a bit and as to leading as long as your using a quality lube the velocitys arent high enough to make it really matter either. Lube is suppose to be used in the barrrel and if your getting poor accuracy because of a lube imbalance in your bullets in flight you need to change your lube. theres one theroy on this i might buy into. When a bullet is shot especially at high pressures. (not a acp) the lube grove if not full of lube can somewhat collapse and one thing i do believe in is that a bullet needs to leave the barrel the in the exact same shape every time. Thats why i dont believe in the soft bullet bumping up school of thought. A gun needs to be dimentioned right to begin with and not need a bullet to bump up drasticaly into a bore and if a gun is properly set up a harder bullet will 9 times out of 10 outshoot a softer one. Now keep in mind im talking handguns here. Guys will tell you that to hard of a bullet will lead. Well i say bunk! If a hard bullet leads its because you have a gun problem that needs fixing. I guess im getting to far off topic here. Bottom line is dont worry about it.