PDA

View Full Version : Missouri Timberland Tax Exemption

Mrs_smokeywolf
08-31-2013, 10:59 PM
Hopefully I've posted this in the right forum. My first post.

smokeywolf and I are researching a move out of Kali. Our son has been living in Missouri for 7 years already. I'm trying to find out the particulars on the tax exemptions available for land owners; seniors, disabled, homestead, agriculture, wildlife, timber, etc. I'm having trouble getting details on timber acreage exemptions.
Can any of you Missourians kindly offer some details on the timber exemptions; percentage of land in timber or minimum acreage in timber. We're hoping to end up with somewhere between 30 and 130 acres.

Thank you so much,

Mrs_smokeywolf

Bad Water Bill
09-01-2013, 12:54 AM
Try contacting "BOERRANCHER" or any of the other folks that say MO somewhere in their signature or avitar.

waksupi
09-01-2013, 01:43 AM
I would contact the state directly, to get the information.

Ramar
09-01-2013, 02:57 AM
Mrs smokeywolf- Please share your findings here as I have some property in the Ozark mountains and I'm only aware of the reduced property tax for undeveloped timber land. I would be interested in your findings.
Ramar

beagle
09-01-2013, 10:36 AM
We have a homestead exemption act here in KY. Your county tax office may be the place to check on that. That's who administers it here in KY./beagle

s mac
09-01-2013, 08:26 PM
I live in Mo, although I'm not familiar with these taxes you refer to. I will say welcome.

Mk42gunner
09-01-2013, 09:00 PM
I would go to the Missouri Dept. of Revenue website and poke around a bit.

Other than that, talk to the County Assessor in the county you are interested in.

Robert

Blacksmith
09-02-2013, 01:04 PM
Google is your friend.
Missouri
$3.00 per acre flat tax (assessed value for 25 years) and $1.00 per acre if enrolled prior to 1974 and a 6% yield tax.

This has a list for other states also:
http://taxfoundation.org/article/states-use-gentle-hand-taxing-timberland