PDA

View Full Version : Awol

scottiemom
08-29-2013, 06:39 PM
hi everyone - just wanted to update you on things - I was feeling a bit better then the EKG came back worse, went to the cardiologist who recommended a stress test - not something I am thrilled about, but better safe than sorry!
then my mom fell (she lives in assisted living) and was admitted to the hospital. I had to deal with a few rude nurses, a doctor who looked to be all of 12 years old and a condescending case manager who was insistent that moms confusion was just because she was 92. this is a woman who plays Scrabble several times a week and beats the pants off of everyone, including the college students to come and volunteer. She is more on the ball than I am! then to top it all off, they transferred her to a nursing home without letting me know - imagine my surprise when I got a phone call yesterday that my mom was transferred without any clothes.
bit my tongue and left the gun at home! spent the day running around, getting clothes, her walker and other stuff plus had to get her a cell phone since they do not have phones in the rooms at the NH.

So, all in all it has been a very stressful week - I am so tired it is all I can do to get my 8 hours of work in.

thanks to you all for your prayers! mom is doing better and hopefully she will be back at her apartment soon.

chsparkman
08-29-2013, 08:19 PM
Best wishes for you, your mom, and Jim.

1Shirt
08-29-2013, 08:24 PM
Hang tough guy!!!!!
1Shirt

aspangler
08-29-2013, 08:58 PM
My prayers are with you.

MtGun44
08-30-2013, 01:16 PM
Had to do some of this over the July 4th for MIL, people were nice generally, but
all the bureaucracy between extended care and hospital and docs is VERY slow and
tiring to deal with. Fortunately, most all the folks in the system were nice and
fairly competent, I would not have been happy with surly nurses.

Good luck, hope your own health turns out to be OK.

Bill

shdwlkr
08-30-2013, 02:39 PM
Scottie Mom

Seems lately that the pile of stress has been dumped on a lot of us. Must be because we cling to our bibles and firearms.

With the current fever in Washington to take military action in a distant part of the world we just might need both our bibles and firearms more than ever.

Sorry to hear about your mom is having so much trouble which ends up on your plate and then your own issues.

May Jim be there for you always and that you are there for him and your mom.

Look at this way there has to be better days coming sometime.

May the good Lord watch over you and yours and bring peace and health to you all.

Charlie Two Tracks
08-30-2013, 05:12 PM
Sounds like you already had the stress test! A prayer said for you guys.......