PDA

View Full Version : How to cook your dove. Post your Dove receipes here

Solus
08-28-2013, 07:44 PM
So seeing how dove season is almost here I thought Ide see what every ones dove reciepes are. Ill go first

1/2 dove breast
half a slice of pepper bacon(or whatever your favorite is)
a quarter of a jalapeno(sliced)
some cheddar or jack cheese

wrap the breast, jalapeno and cheese with the half a slice of bacon and secure it down with a tooth pick and grill it on the BBQ.
Instant orderb(pardon the spelling errors)
:brokenima

gbrown
08-28-2013, 10:19 PM
I've had those before, just yummy, all I can say. Also, take the 1/2 breast, slather on a tablespoon of cream cheese, the jalapeno, kind of roll it, skewer with a toothpick and grill. Don't know to say "Just as good", but yummy.

oscarflytyer
08-28-2013, 10:28 PM
so simple it is scary. Breast, soak in Italian dressing for cply hours, wrap in bacon and toothpick, grill on a mesquite charcoal grill for about 8 min.

Can include a slice of Jalapeno, ala a duck recipe I use, if you like a bit of bite.

The above results are so good, I have had people who say they would never even try dove, want to eat the bones! It is my wife's favorite!

BK7saum
08-29-2013, 04:28 PM
About the same recipe(s) I use. Dove, bacon, and pepper. Cheese and onion optional. Sometimes marinade in italian dressing, sometimes not.

Of course the alternative is salt and pepper, roll in flour and fry in the ole cast iron skillet. Make gravy out of the drippings.

Solus
08-30-2013, 12:01 AM
keep um coming people

selmerfan
08-31-2013, 09:25 AM
If you want the most flavorful stroganoff ever, strip out the dove breasts and use them in a stroganoff recipe. Or saute a couple of garlic cloves, a med. onion, then brown breast strips with salt and pepper. When it's all done, toss in a few tablespoons of flour, brown the flour, add a couple cups of water and one beef bouillion cube - Voila! Brown gravy dove strips! Serve over mashed taters or buttered noodles or rice.

LIMPINGJ
08-31-2013, 10:58 AM
Don't forget the Cream Gravy and Bisquits.

wch
08-31-2013, 12:18 PM
Saute seasoned dove breasts in butter until preferred doneness, add sour cream mixed with milk into skillet to desired thickness and serve over rice.

fourarmed
09-04-2013, 01:56 PM
Filet the breast halves off the bone. Pound them in seasoned flour with the edge of a saucer, then saute' in your favorite shortening. For seasoning, I like a little cayenne pepper and garlic powder, sometimes curry powder. Hard to do this wrong.

Solus
09-06-2013, 09:13 PM
you guys are making my mouth water now lol keep it coming

ballistim
09-06-2013, 09:43 PM
When I lived in AZ my neighbor & I would get our limit & split the skin over the the breast with our thumbs & reach in and twist out the breast. Rinse & dry breasts, wrap each in a slice of bacon as others have mentioned & grill over coals while occasionally pouring beer on top of them while grilling.. I miss AZ, really loved it there!