PDA

View Full Version : Openion Mossberg model 810AH

Ehaver
08-28-2013, 11:32 AM
I found this today, and the asking price is 200, the hinge on the floor plate is broken. It is in .30-06

Any openions on this rifle?

richhodg66
08-28-2013, 01:32 PM
Is that the series of rifles Mossberg made in the '70s? If so, I have one of the carbines with the full length stock in .308 and it's a pretty good rifle, though kinda finicky sometimes. There are days it'll just flat shoot tiny groups and others it won't. Might have a lot to do with the Manliccher stock and bedding.

You might look at how hard the parts to fix this would be to get, but I doubt it would be that hard to find. The trigger guard on mine is plastic, so if that one is too, it might be a good candidate to upgrade to something better.

I think it would be worth $200 as a shooter.

Ehaver
08-28-2013, 03:17 PM
thats what i am thinking. I found one place that has just the floor plate... I think i may have found a new gun.

Gtek
08-29-2013, 11:12 AM
My father bought me one (732A Monkey Wards)/810 Mossy and plopped a 4x32 Tasco on top for birthday number twelve in 1973. 180 Win Silver Tips 1 1/4" @ 100 all day. By the time I was 16 or so, pre season was push bore, three shots, still there and away we go. Mine had an incredible piece of walnut and I could not stand the varnish anymore. Stripped stock and Linseed oiled, really nice looking when done. Well, over the next several years the oil softened the wood and there is not a whole lot of bedding surface and we went to 3"-5" @100. About this time I went Mod70 (way more than any one man should have) and never looked back. As happens when we age I found myself becoming softer and after losing Dad in 99' I pulled her out and was determined to succeed. Acetone soaked wood for months, epoxy bed, bore lap and she is back at an even inch. I will confess I have four of them now, but only one I truly love. I make sure it gets out once or twice a year and Dad and I go one more time. I have played with this platform for almost forty years, IMHO nothing fancy but will git-r-done. There is one stock maker that makes aftermarket in which I still have in box for future project. Numrich has about everything you would ever need in small parts (bolt/trigger). The floorplate they have is an aftermarket non-OEM flat stamped piece of ****, do not waste your time. I made one from .125" aluminum that went through with a batch of anodizing and it works/looks fine. Triggers are completely adjustable, I have put mine at 2-ish. Real easy to pillar and bed/float. Sorry for the story, I really miss Dad/hunting buddy. I can say I know of one Mossy 810 that is cherished. Gtek

Gtek
08-31-2013, 11:49 PM
Funny how things roll. Telling story today about how this fellow was asking about the Ol'Mossy 810's worth and strolled into my story a couple of them have heard twenty times and how I had a couple. Well all of a sudden one of them had to have one of the extras. Trade for a Belgian A-5 12 in about an honest 80%+? I am by heart an 870 man, but when a fellow thinks he needs a Mossberg and he slides an A-5 straight up what was I supposed to do? Gtek

Artful
09-07-2013, 11:59 AM
I have 800 (308) it's a good shooter - I think you should do it if condition of gun is decent.