PDA

View Full Version : Anyone made a case trimmer pilot bushing?

Spokerider
08-27-2013, 04:35 PM
I need a .375 jdj case trimmer pilot bushing for a Forster case trimmer. Anyone made one? Looks like it would be pretty easy to make one from an allen head bolt or? I had bought a Redding-brand pilot bushing from fleabay with "buy it now", but when the seller quoted me a shipping price of $25, I said, ya right, lol, I'll take three of them, lol. NOT!

aspangler
08-27-2013, 04:53 PM
Not hard to make if you have a lathe.

08-27-2013, 05:41 PM
I used socket-head screws, a drill press, a file, wet-dry paper, and a micrometer, to make two for a Lyman.

bangerjim
08-27-2013, 05:46 PM
I made a "copy" of the standard case trimmers several companies sell and cranked out a full set of bushings for it with no trouble. It DOES require a metal lathe and some machinist knowledge.

A metal lathe is the ONLY machine tool that can makes parts........for itself! (I've done it many times) With a lathe and a mill, the sky is the limit.

bangerjim

Spokerider
08-27-2013, 07:51 PM
I used socket-head screws, a drill press, a file, wet-dry paper, and a micrometer, to make two for a Lyman.

That's the same equipment I have.
I wished I had a lathe, but I keep spending my $$ on guns and related stuff, lol.

EDG
08-27-2013, 08:32 PM
What is wrong with a standard .375 Forster pilot?
They are sold by almost all mail order outfits.

Spokerider
08-28-2013, 12:42 PM
Nothing is wrong with it......it's just that by the time I order it from the US, and it goes through customs, it's 5 weeks away from getting to me.