PDA

View Full Version : Stock prices?

kywoodwrkr
08-26-2013, 04:09 PM
What would be the expected(or hoped for) price for a stock with all metal bands etc.for an 03, 03A3 and and a M1917 in shooter grade. Solid but not collector quality.
Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
Thanks.

Gtek
08-26-2013, 05:53 PM
CMP has replacement stocks that have fit ok the few I have installed for people. The last M1 stocks from Boyd's have been almost close and on the edge of not so good. Northridge Intl. has real replacement stocks(wood only) just shy of 2 bills. The sky is the limit on real GI wood. Aftermarket will run about 2 bills by the time your done with shipping, finish, etc.. Gtek

kywoodwrkr
08-27-2013, 11:13 AM
Gtek,
Thanks for replying.
The 2c$ is just about what I had felt were the mean.
I'm not a big fan of Boyds stocks plus I'd still need the metal.
Sad thing is I had some real nice examples but they were scorched beyond repair in a fire.
And life goes on.
Thanks again.

waksupi
08-27-2013, 04:14 PM
Checked Gunparts.inc?

08-27-2013, 05:45 PM
Sarco?

Gtek
08-27-2013, 05:58 PM
Just my own little opinion and real history. Tread lightly with above two, high boots and a bite kit! Sorry about the fire and if hot enough be very critical of remaining metal. It really stinks in the luck department but not worth getting hurt later down the road with second smack down. I have a bunch of metal, none mint but very serviceable (take-offs) cheap. PM with needs if desire. Gtek

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-27-2013, 07:26 PM
This may or may not help you, BUT...about a decade ago, I 'rebuilt' a 1903a3 that had a sporterized stock. I did this because a mil surp dealer [I don't remember who] was offering original 1903a3 'finger groove' stocks. I don't remember the exact prices of all they offered? but I bought a "OK condition-may have a crack" condition one for around $60. I didn't see in the fine print that it didn't come with any hardware. Well, the good news was I got a fairly nice one without a visible crack. But I spend well over $100 on the metal hardware needed to complete the restore. It ended up looking real nice, so nice that another dealer at a gunshow needed it more than I did. I wish I had some photos to share, but have none.

Today, I'd expect to pay more.
Jon