PDA

View Full Version : Appliance Epoxy in the spray can ? Is it working for you?

capt.hollis
08-25-2013, 12:54 AM
I've read somewhere in here, but can't find it now that someone was trying applicance epoxy in the spray can, and having luck with it ? Anyone here tried it? I have tried it a few times but I'm still able to scratch some of the paint off with my fingernail if I dig hard enough . If I can get it to work, it would be the easiest method for me it seems . I've baked the bullets at 200 degrees for 20 minutes so maybe my method isn't correct ? Thanks guys

dromia
08-25-2013, 03:26 AM
This stuff seems to work.

It is only a few posts down from yours.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?210666-10-epoxy-coat-can-it-be-done-lets-find-out

capt.hollis
08-25-2013, 11:04 AM
[Thanks Dromia..QUOTE=dromia;2361081]This stuff seems to work.

It is only a few posts down from yours.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?210666-10-epoxy-coat-can-it-be-done-lets-find-out[/QUOTE]

Azshooter2013
08-27-2013, 06:30 PM
I've used it, with the appliance epoxy its hit or miss, I had a couple batches work good. Iv used the vht epoxy paint from AutoZone, that works better, as
for scratching it off, I can scratch off
the hi tec coating if I try hard enough, i dont think its ment to be as
strong as a j word bullet. Just insulate the barrel from the lead long enough for the bullet to exit.

bangerjim
08-27-2013, 08:08 PM
I've used it, with the appliance epoxy its hit or miss, I had a couple batches work good. Iv used the vht epoxy paint from AutoZone, that works better, as
for scratching it off, I can scratch off
the hi tec coating if I try hard enough, i dont think its ment to be as
strong as a j word bullet. Just insulate the barrel from the lead long enough for the bullet to exit.

Well..........I CANNOT scratch off the black powder coating I apply with the electrostatic gun method! It won't come off when I pound the slugs flat. Why mess with anything else? The Harbor Freight powder is very low cost and really works......in the gun.......as it was designed to. You cannot dissolve it and slop it on in a bucket.

I get perfect coverage with just ONE spray coat & bake. It is extremely hard and tough. No leading. A lot of people on here also have had excellent luck with ES PC coating.

Don't waste your time and money on liquids. Once you see what these look like, and how easy the PC is applied, you will never look back. You can find those 25% coupons for HF in our local papers (I get 3 per week) and there are HF stores all over the Valley (surface) of the Sun!

I bought a can of the epoxy on Saturday and sprayed and shook and baked and sprayed and shook and baked and.................whew! Way too much work. And the final result was 60 9mm slugs I could scrape the paint off with my fingernail......let alone the sizing die! So they go back into the pot to be recast.

I run my PC's slugs thru the sizing die before AND after coating and the coating does not weaken or come off.

bangerjim

Azshooter2013
08-27-2013, 09:39 PM
bangerjim,
I do the powder coating too, heres the difference, I can coat 300 bullets in the same time as it takes me to coat 50 with my hf powder coat gun, because my tray will only hold 50 bullets at a time, so more bullets same time, that's not that hard of math, at least for me

tomme boy
08-27-2013, 09:52 PM
That is regular spray paint. It will never work.

shadowcaster
08-27-2013, 09:55 PM
bangerjim... Don't waste your time and money on liquids. Once you see what these look like, and how easy the PC is applied, you will never look back. You can find those 25% coupons for HF in our local papers (I get 3 per week) and there are HF stores all over the Valley (surface) of the Sun!

It sounds like you have a system down that works well for you. However, it feeds the needs of many including yourself, to tinker and reach for new horizons. I plan on trying all the methods for myself just to have a hands on comparison.

Shad

bangerjim
08-28-2013, 12:15 AM
It sounds like you have a system down that works well for you. However, it feeds the needs of many including yourself, to tinker and reach for new horizons. I plan on trying all the methods for myself just to have a hands on comparison.

Shad

I too try every new method posted here, as I like to experiment. I just post the good and the bad and what works for me and what does not.....to hopefully save others time and $$ in the process.

We learn every day. When we quit learning is the day they nail the lid on!

bangerjim