PDA

View Full Version : Optics Planet

Ickisrulz
08-24-2013, 09:58 PM
We always see talk of high shipping prices and high item prices. I have found that Optics Planet is a pretty good source for stuff other than just optics. They have molds, mold handles, ammo boxes, handgun grips, etc. Shipping is free for orders over $30 and if you do a simple online search you can usually find a coupon for a few dollars off your order. Shipping is fast too. I find searching using Google to be better than the site's search feature.

Love Life
08-24-2013, 10:07 PM
Optics Planet is pretty legit.

imashooter2
08-24-2013, 10:09 PM
I've used Optics Planet several times myself. Pricing and shipping has been good on the things that I purchased. The internet complaint is that they have a lot of out of stock items and can sometimes be slow to tell you about it. That's never been a problem for me, but I've seen posts by more than a few annoyed folk on other boards...

DCM
08-24-2013, 10:48 PM
I have had good dealings with them also.

USAFrox
08-24-2013, 11:31 PM
Seems every time they list something I want, they are out of stock. I have bought from them in the past, just not much.

Reg
08-25-2013, 02:24 AM
Bought some lens for making 3/4" tube scopes from them several years ago. Everything in stock and record fast shipping.

youngda9
08-25-2013, 08:04 AM
Purchased some things from them before. Good pricing and everything went well IIRC. Would definitely buy from them again.

Ed Barrett
08-25-2013, 01:48 PM
I've bought from them twice and both times I was very satisfied both times.

T-Dogg
08-25-2013, 05:13 PM
OpticsPlanet is good as long as you don't try to backorder from them - I've found their backorder times to be much longer than stated. Their customer service is top notch though

km101
08-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Last order I placed (over a year ago) two of the three items I ordered were out of stock. This did not show up until check out. I was a little miffed. Their back order times got really long, so I cancelled the two outstanding items. Prices are OK, but the back order thing is a turn off.

Down South
08-25-2013, 07:11 PM
I've used them several times as well, all with good results.

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-25-2013, 09:30 PM
Optics Planet had run a couple super cheap closeout deals on Vortex scopes [crossfire models] through GearHog. a painless transaction and they were quick to ship, and well packaged.
Jon

pdawg_shooter
08-25-2013, 09:48 PM
Tried to buy a mold from them the showed in stock. Submitted an order and the next day they sen me an e-mail saying it would be 6 weeks. pi$$ed me off big time.

xacex
08-25-2013, 11:32 PM
Tried to buy a mold from them the showed in stock. Submitted an order and the next day they sen me an e-mail saying it would be 6 weeks. pi$$ed me off big time.

That was my experience with them as well. I wont use them, and have placed them on my black list with Botach tactical, and cheaper than dirt.

KYShooter73
08-26-2013, 02:41 AM
My experience too...back ordered. That's no problem, but mine was a buy it now ebay purchase. Now that ticked me off. I paid, per the listing, I expected to have it in hand in 7-10 days. 3 months and 3 emails, and 2 phone calls I finally got my money back and purchased from another source. I've always had good experiences on my 2 or 3 other purchases from them. Basically don't list it for sale on eBay unless you have the item!

easymoney
08-26-2013, 10:16 PM
I've bought tons of stuff from 'Optics Planet' and have never been disappointed. Their prices are fair and free shipping is always a seller for me. If the item I want is not available I am informed of such before I place the order, so I can decide if I want to wait or order from some place else. My only complaint is their web site can be a little difficult at times. A little confusing for this old guy.