PDA

View Full Version : 10mm load recommendation with Longshot.

ski2me
08-24-2013, 07:02 PM
It looks like I have nearly the same question as Mike44 but mine concerns Longshot only. I've shot lead for a couple of years and only quit because I hated all the work it took to keep my dies clean. Now though I want to load some deep penetrating rounds for use in the woods, (in the last couple of weeks there has been 7 bear maulings reported where the people had bear spray. I'll still carry it but I'll have my Glock 20 as well.) I'll be using 200gr hard cast wide flat nose boolits. I have Longshot and from what I've been able to find it looks like the best option for powder. What I need is some suggestions of a good starting point for my load recipe.

ctious
08-24-2013, 07:18 PM
I did 7.8 gr with my 200s. It was a good hard hitting round. Not a nuke but good. I know from experience that you can get to about 9.4 gr before trouble shows in an aftermarket barrel. In the stock signs show around 8.6.

ski2me
08-24-2013, 09:44 PM
Ctious, would you recommend working up to 7.8. What brand barrel were you using?

ctious
08-24-2013, 11:39 PM
Kkm. 6in. You could work up. Mine was with cci 300s. If u have an aftermarket barrel then I would just load it. There is room to go a lot higher.