PDA

View Full Version : Lesson in being patient (and not having buyers remorse)

mikeyjones
08-21-2013, 10:25 PM
So I won an auction on gunbroker last night for a Sig 226 and was thrilled with the price because it was significantly lower than I've seen them lately. Today, an auction ends for $140 less than I paid. Nothing I can do about it now, just wanted to vent.

Jeff H
08-21-2013, 11:30 PM
The trick is to stop "shopping" after you've spent your money. What you don't know won't hurt you.

I do everything I can to avoid stumbling across better deals after I buy something.

portlybowlofpigfat
08-21-2013, 11:43 PM
you realy shouldnt let things like that bother you . after all you was happy with the price you paid .
unless you have esp you have no idea how much the other winning bidder was willing to pay .
it could be he would have kept bidding until he won it what ever the price ... you just never know .

Jeff H
08-21-2013, 11:59 PM
............... you just never know .

When the Ruger Flat Top .44 Specials were announced and no one could get them, I had everyone I knew looking for them. Within a month I had my first one and snatched up another shortly thereafter because they were only going to make so many - remember?

That was about four years ago and I had over a grand wrapped up in that pair. Just the other day I ran across one (new) at Kentucky Gun for $425 or thereabouts. I sold one of mine at a slight loss to my brother because I couldn't stand seeing him not have one. I remember what I spent when I think about it but I completely forget when I am using the one I kept because it was what I wanted and I got one. If it would have had any collector value - I squandered that in the first month. No matter. It's what I wanted, it will be a one-time investment for me and I have been enjoying it.

km101
08-22-2013, 01:31 PM
Don't worry about what the other guy paid! If it is what you wanted and you got a good deal, don't let someone else spoil your fun. You were happy when you bought it, so go enjoy it.

And as stated above: "Stop shopping once you have spent your money." If you look long enough you will always find a better deal. And the other gun that was $140 less was probably scratched or would malfunction, so you are better off not buying it!

pietro
08-22-2013, 01:50 PM
The trick is to stop "shopping" after you've spent your money. What you don't know won't hurt you.

I do everything I can to avoid stumbling across better deals after I buy something.

Good advice - Curiosity killed the cat........................................ [smilie=b:

mikeyjones
08-22-2013, 01:53 PM
Don't worry about what the other guy paid! If it is what you wanted and you got a good deal, don't let someone else spoil your fun. You were happy when you bought it, so go enjoy it.

And as stated above: "Stop shopping once you have spent your money." If you look long enough you will always find a better deal. And the other gun that was $140 less was probably scratched or would malfunction, so you are better off not buying it!

I will definitely enjoy it once I pick it up. Definitely not buyers remorse per se but more being upset with myself for not being a little more patient. The $140 cheaper one was exactly the same. Both are new in box.

EMC45
08-22-2013, 05:06 PM
Buy once cry once.

Wayne Smith
08-22-2013, 05:20 PM
Think of it this way - If you had been bidding it wouldn't have gone for that price!

376Steyr
08-22-2013, 05:34 PM
Always yield to temptation, you may not get another chance. -Mae West

mikeyjones
08-22-2013, 05:35 PM
Think of it this way - If you had been bidding it wouldn't have gone for that price!

Haha very true.

dmize
08-23-2013, 11:20 PM
I wont even bother telling you what I paid for the first 454 SRH and 480 SRH that I bought...............Which were by the way the very first of each in my part of the country.........
Still have acid reflux over at least the 480,which the one I bought is the only one my LGS ever sold....
ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

ebner glocken
08-24-2013, 08:40 AM
I wouldn't recommend checking computer prices six months after buying one of same specs.

Ebner

GabbyM
08-24-2013, 09:37 AM
It would not of been $140 cheaper if you'd bid on the gun. At least others max bid plus the bump.
Then they may of bid again. Seller would of been the winner.