PDA

View Full Version : Theifs- had my dies stolen from my mailbox

Bowhunter73
08-21-2013, 07:35 PM
I bought a squiter and extruder die from Lafaun, he sent them to me and I forgot to have my mail stopped when I went on vacation so they came in while I was gone. Some ***** stole my mail which had my VA meds and my new dies from Lafaun, the post office won't pay the insurance said they delivered them, so the point I want to make is Lafaun made me another set of dies for half price, I don't know anyone else who would do that, so he'll have my future business. Thanks again Lafaun.

Bonz
08-21-2013, 07:39 PM
Just an outstanding thing to do for someone !

Taylor
08-21-2013, 07:44 PM
Always put a hold order on your mail when you are gone for awhile.Your carrier most likely has them in his vehicle,give him a day or two notice.Cuts down on theft,which mail box theft is actually quite rare.You did say meds,I think someone new this.Plus if the box fills up,mail not being picked up,carrier could think maybe you moved away.That happens a lot here,but this being a military community it is very transient.

mpmarty
08-21-2013, 08:00 PM
That's why I don't have a mail box where I live. I've got a po box in a post office a few miles down the valley and that's where I get my mail. Post Office has bitched and cried that I "have" to have a mail box at the end of my driveway and they even placed one there a few years ago. I uprooted that box post and all and took it to the landfill.

ku4hx
08-22-2013, 04:36 PM
Always put a hold order on your mail when you are gone for awhile.Your carrier most likely has them in his vehicle,give him a day or two notice.Cuts down on theft,which mail box theft is actually quite rare.You did say meds,I think someone new this.Plus if the box fills up,mail not being picked up,carrier could think maybe you moved away.That happens a lot here,but this being a military community it is very transient.

+1 https://holdmail.usps.com/holdmail/landingView.do

I've used the service several times with great satisfaction.

dilly
08-22-2013, 04:49 PM
Disgusting.

The idiot who doesn't know how to get a job and buy his own stuff almost certainly isn't smart enough to understand what those dies are for anyway.

Sorry that happened!

Shiloh
08-22-2013, 07:51 PM
Great story!!

+1 to Taylor. Post #3.

Shiloh

Cadillo
08-22-2013, 09:08 PM
So far my local Post Office employees have gotten from me one box of Garand parts and a high quality pocket knife, both of which were traced by tracking number to the local Post Office where they simply vanished. They never made it to my mailbox. In the last six years or so, they've caught and prosecuted at least two of the scoundrels for pilfering the mail. It's not always the citizenry.