PDA

View Full Version : too close to home

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-21-2013, 11:07 AM
My first day off work in a while...I sleep in late, til about 30 minutes ago. I look out the window and there is half a dozen squad cars near the intersection of my street and Hyway 22 a half a block away, an officer with a riot shotgun seemingly leaning on my wood splitter [parked next to the alley]. Other officers scurrying about and carrying AR-15s.

I look out another window, a couple squads blocking my street one block away from the other direction. heavy traffic going by them, I assume traffic from Hyway 22 is rerouted. Then all at once, they all get into there squads and leave. I walk over to the car wash business next door to me and chat with the owner, He said he was told by an officer that there was a 911 call with multiple people being shot, that must has been unfounded. He said several officers with AR-15s entered a home across the hyway, and took a man into custody. I heard no shots, He heard no shots, he also said there were at least 20 squad cars of every flavor. Yeowza !

1Shirt
08-21-2013, 12:44 PM
20 vehicles seems like overkill to me, considering that some of the cars had two officers. Panic-overtime-kicks? Seems like it would have been a good time for a robbery in another part of town maybe?
1Shirt!

starmac
08-21-2013, 12:57 PM
Overkill, I have seen five cars to write a seat belt ticket. I'm thinking 20 some cars for somebody that might someday shoot a gun is pretty much right.