PDA

View Full Version : Lee Load All

RedRabbit
08-20-2013, 04:59 PM
Don't know if I'm in the right place or not ???? First time. I'd like to use Herco powder with my Lee Load-All , 12 gauge two and 3/4 with 1 and 1/8 shot.All the charts I can find dosen't list Herco , so trying to cross reference it with other powders , I have cometo the conslusion that I should use a #122 bushing. Would like someone else's thought's..Thanks

44Vaquero
08-20-2013, 05:34 PM
When researching a given powder it is best to go to the source in this case Alliant Powder.

http://www.alliantpowder.com/reloaders/powderlist.aspx?page=/reloaders/powderlist.aspx&type=2&powderid=6&gauge=12

Remember reloading shot shells is different in that the recipes are component specific. IE, shell type, primer brand, wad type etc.

r1kk1
08-20-2013, 08:41 PM
Weigh your powder and shot charges!

http://www.alliantpowder.com/downloads/PowderBushingsCharts.pdf

Take care

r1kk1

RedRabbit
08-21-2013, 04:51 PM
Thanks Guys,I'll remember that web site.It does disagrees with lee load all chart by 7 grains. I haven't done much shotshell reloading,but I do know that 7 grains means a lot with rifle or pistol shells.How much difference does 7 grains make in shotshells?

r1kk1
08-21-2013, 05:13 PM
Too much.

Charges should be within 5%. Bushing sizes are a limitation of the Lee LoadAll.

Take care

r1kk1

W.R.Buchanan
08-25-2013, 01:41 PM
The type of load you want to make is equivalent to a standard trap load or $5 a box target or dove load currently flooding walmarts everywhere since dove season opens in one week,.

Herco is NOT the best powder for this. Red Dot or Green Dot or Clays or quite a few others are much better. Herco is more suited to heavy loads.

Randy

Vinne
08-25-2013, 10:23 PM
+1 on all above. First of all you must weigh the powder charge in the Lee Load-all. Don't take the first couple of samples as the true weight but take 10 to make sure it is consistent with the weight you want. I find the chart is a ballpark figure to get you close to the right bushing. Also, Red Dot, Green Dot, WST, WSF and Clays are all very good powders.