PDA

View Full Version : 2 part epoxy on 9mm cast bullets, got some done.

capt.hollis
08-18-2013, 09:25 PM
I have been working my tail off trying to figure out this 2 part epoxy on these 9mm 125 grain. Looks like its going to work. only question I have is should I bake them also? after they are dry they are rock hard so I really don't see baking would help, but I really don't know? I mixed this 2 part epoxy, and used a small air brush to paint the coat on lightly. This paint is so good I threw a few into the molting lead pot, and watched them literally take 1 minute longer to melt than compared to regular lead I was throwing in there. Following I took some conuba wax, and applied a thin coat. I tried to dip the bullets, but it the paint was too thick applying it like that. Also tried the shake in a cup method, but paint did not cover all areas of the bullet before getting tacky.
Thanks for looking, and its hotter than a fire cracker down here in Texas,,,,, cant wait for winter! lol:lovebooli

jmort
08-18-2013, 09:39 PM
I would but who knows? 200 to 220 degrees for 20 minutes. What brand are you using?

capt.hollis
08-18-2013, 10:48 PM
its a, Tile Clad HS Sherwin Williams brand. Thanks Jmortimer
I would but who knows? 200 to 220 degrees for 20 minutes. What brand are you using?

cpileri
08-18-2013, 10:55 PM
I have a buddy at Sherwin Wms. If this works, let me know and ill see if he can formulate it to carry an even suspension of hexagonal boron nitrite! C-

capt.hollis
08-18-2013, 11:46 PM
Thanks cpileri!
I have a buddy at Sherwin Wms. If this works, let me know and ill see if he can formulate it to carry an even suspension of hexagonal boron nitrite! C-