PDA

View Full Version : Monroeville Gun Show...

tinyejp
08-18-2013, 09:23 AM
Howdy, all! Anyone make it to the Pittsburgh gun show in Monroeville yet? I'm off today, and thinking about making the 1.5 hour drive with my boy to check things out. Need some pro 1000 tooling and various other reloading and casting stuff. I've had good luck there in the past, but the climate has changed. Any thoughts?

pmeisel
08-18-2013, 12:11 PM
Too late for me to make the run today, but let us know how it is. Might try to make the next one -- 4 hour drive for me though.

tinyejp
08-18-2013, 07:23 PM
Meh, not a bad show, but no reloading or casting gear to speak of. I was hopeful as there was a fella there last time that had everything from Lee a guy could want...and want I did! But he was not there. There were some good deals on Wolf primers at $28/k, but I am flush with primers as it is. Powder ran around $28-30/lb, no .22 ammo, lots of overpriced centerfire. My boy bought a couple "Black Ops" style masks, and a piece of tasty jerky, but that was all. Had a great dinner at Hokkaido Seafood Buffet that made the trip worthwhile...

DougGuy
08-18-2013, 08:06 PM
Had a great dinner at Hokkaido Seafood Buffet that made the trip worthwhile...

^5 on that one.. :)

quack1
08-19-2013, 06:47 AM
I went to one of those shows a couple years ago. Waste of time in my opinion, too many tables of jewelry, Rambo type knives, jerky, etc. Seemed like half the tables were non-gun related.
Nothing like the old PGCA Monroeville shows at the Expo Mart.