PDA

View Full Version : Lost a baby today

Whiterabbit
08-18-2013, 02:58 AM
10 weeks pregnant, we lost our baby. Saw the heart beat at 7 weeks, bright and healthy and ready for life. I know there are more than a few here who know that 10 weeks pregnant means our baby was alive, that our baby's soul is with God now. I can't imagine the life of the families here who have lost a family member after birth. This was our third pregnancy. We have one son.

I'll be fine, it's Mrs. Rabbit who will be devastated for some time. I know that when baby #2 finally arrives (#1 is almost 2 years old now) that it was all God's plan and that everything was done the way He wanted it. But I lack the verbose talent to convince my wife of that.

Baby's spirit left this world a couple days ago, we'll never know when. His body left us today.

GP100man
08-18-2013, 03:21 AM
My wife & I lost 1 also ,it`s been yrs now , but I still think of "what if" but life here for us goes on.

I take solice in the fact our lord needed that sweet spirit back so soon & that 1 day we will meet .

Comfort Mrs. Rabbit as best ya can & keep reminding her that you both still Love her often !

God Bless.& Peace & Comfort to you all !

GP

missionary5155
08-18-2013, 06:31 AM
Good mroning
I will also pray our Lord comforts you hearts and gives you that Peace only He can give.
We had a similar experience with our "second" to be child. We thought all sorts of things. But in the end God gave us our first son followed by a second son our third child.
Now we realise God knows best even when we do not have any idea .
It is not easy at first... But draw close to Him because He is never far away.
Mike in Peru

w5pv
08-18-2013, 06:36 AM
Prayers for you and the wife,may God bless

No_1
08-18-2013, 07:13 AM
Prayers sent.

bikerbeans
08-18-2013, 07:44 AM
My thoughts & prayers. My wife lost three in less than two years before the "doc" figured out the problem and put her on steroids. Number "4" turns 16 years old next week. As you know it is tough but it will get better.

BB

groovy mike
08-18-2013, 09:00 AM
It is rough, but like you we know that God is in control. Prayers sent.

Mop
08-18-2013, 09:01 AM
God is the great and mighty comforter. Just be there for her while God and her work this out.
Prayers sent for you both.
Mop

grampa243
08-18-2013, 10:04 AM
my wife and i have lost two as you did. thinking of you in our prayers.

Dean D.
08-18-2013, 10:10 AM
I am very sorry to hear of your loss Steve. I will be keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Sweetpea
08-18-2013, 10:15 AM
We lost one less than a year ago, similar circumstances.

It was pretty rough at first, still is when I think about it too much.

It helped me to remember that it now has a perfect Father, and a perfect body.

Brandon

DLCTEX
08-18-2013, 10:33 AM
Sorry to hear this. We lost a son at 6months and suffered three miscarriages. I will be happy to get to heaven and see them all. We have 5 living sons. God bless and comfort you.

Uncle Jim
08-18-2013, 10:42 AM
Thoughts and prayers sent!

MrWolf
08-18-2013, 10:50 AM
You are in our prayers

Bzcraig
08-18-2013, 04:56 PM
Love her, comfort her and let God and time do the healing.

Houndog
08-18-2013, 05:10 PM
May GOD comfort you and the Mrs. in this time of sorrow. Take comfort that the little one is now in the arms of him.

bruce drake
08-18-2013, 06:15 PM
My wife and I lost our daughter four months into the pregnancy 19 years ago. 3 years later we had our first son. Then it seemed like when we were trying for another nothing would start right. When we decided to leave it up to God for when the time was right. Literally, I was out in the middle of a cornfield looking up to the sky telling The Lord that if this is the way it was going to be, stop bringing us a heartbreak every 11 months or so. I left the field with a feeling in my heart that we would be happy with our son and do the best we could raising him....fast forward 22 months later and I'm holding our 3rd son (2 in 13 months) in my hands looking at my wife with such a feeling of love for what she went through to bring 3 boys into our family.

Moral of that long run-on sentence. Hug your wife, tell her that you love her every time you see her and whenever you leave and also take the stress off your shoulders. You'll be surprise what that stress does to your heart and your relationship.

Bruce

olereb
08-18-2013, 06:38 PM
Sorry to hear that,we lost a boy at 12 weeks almost 2 years ago. It would have been boy #2 for me,it was hard for me but my wife is who it hit the hardest. Now my wife is 3 months pregnant with another one,its hard but it gets better,just be there when the wife needs to vent,they can go through some pretty nasty swings after losing a baby. God bless you and your wife and best of luck,i'm sure y'all have another.

mroliver77
08-18-2013, 09:10 PM
We had two daughters then 3 miscarriages. Lost daughter #1. I know they are with our Lord so all is well with them.

I will say a prayer for you.

jmort
08-18-2013, 09:24 PM
Will be praying for both you and your wife.

catmandu
08-18-2013, 09:51 PM
My prayers to God for you and your family in this time of sorrow.
There may never be an answer to "why"
Just appreciate what you still have with gratitude.
This may have happened so in the future you can comfort another who is in sorrow.
May God bless and keep you.

Paul in WNY

mhat
08-18-2013, 11:26 PM
Prayers for ya'll from MS. I admire your attitude, GOD does have a plan for every aspect of our lives. We just have to trust Him.

God bless
Mark

fcvan
08-18-2013, 11:47 PM
Steve, only faith in our Heavenly Father can comfort us in such times. My oldest would have been 31 this year but did not survive 8 weeks from conception. While thankful for my two grown daughters, I am more thankful for the comfort of knowing I could not bear that burden alone and did not have to. I was not abandoned in my time of grief and neither shall you be. My prayers are for you and you wife that you will receive the comfort and your heartbreak will heal with time. Frank

EMC45
08-19-2013, 02:36 PM
God be with you and your wife. My wife and I lost 2 to miscarriage. We now have 3 children and are very thankful. It doesn't take away the hurt though.

crawfobj
08-19-2013, 03:10 PM
We lost one around 12 weeks too. Heartbreaking and devastating, but you clearly know where to turn for comfort (and I'm not talking about this forum).

I was amazed at how many others had been through the same experience.

For us, we were blessed with a little boy soon after the miscarriage. He turned 5 last month. We still remember the one we lost every time his or her due date comes around.

Prayers for you and your wife that you find comfort after your loss.

Bo1
08-19-2013, 03:13 PM
Praying for you and your family..
Bo

smokeywolf
08-19-2013, 03:24 PM
Have lost 2 babies like this; last one was 15 years ago. Even though we have 2 sons since then, 4 total. I still think of them. As hard as it is on us dads, it's much harder on mom. Be her shoulder, here rock. When you don't know what to say to comfort her, just hold her and tell her you love her. Those three words are an amazing tonic for the spirit.

smokeywolf

Gibbs44
08-19-2013, 08:26 PM
Prayers sent for you and your wife.

truthisdiscovered
08-21-2013, 08:12 PM
My the God of Heaven and earth bring you and your wife the peace of His Son. You will see him one day and he will know you, mom, and big brother.

Blessings

slim1836
08-21-2013, 10:55 PM
Prayers sent from our house to yours and all those affected. Believe in the lord and good things will happen.

Slim

g5m
08-24-2013, 10:01 AM
My sincere condolences.

Shiloh
08-31-2013, 10:23 PM
I have no words the alleviate your loss. Prayers sent.

Shiloh