PDA

View Full Version : Used Lees warranty service

melloairman
08-17-2013, 08:14 PM
And they exceeded my expectations . The mold was a .358 105 SWC . That was over 2 1/2 years old . I really should have sent it back when it was under full warranty . It was dropping a out of round .360-.362 bullet . But it was accurate so I kept it . But the resizing back down to .358 was getting to me . And the bullet some what . I have bought 3 of their new molds that gives me a total of 14 Lee molds . And the new ones have all been well worth the money . Casting MOA bullets . I sent Lee the mold and let them know that this was the only mold out of 14 that I had ever sent back . And I was willing to pay 1/2 price since I neglected to send the mold back during the first two years . Today 9 days after mailing the old mold I received a new mold at no charge . Straight out of the box yet to be cleaned and smoothed out . Marvin
http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn55/melloroadman/IMG_7430_zpscebcea6e.jpg (http://s301.photobucket.com/user/melloroadman/media/IMG_7430_zpscebcea6e.jpg.html)

jmort
08-17-2013, 08:21 PM
Best $20.00 a caster can spend. God Bless Lee Precision.

RobS
08-17-2013, 09:23 PM
Wished it was that easy for me.........after not being able to use the old priming system on the Lee Load-Master due to them making a change to the design I could no longer order any of the new inexpensive primer sliders because Lee discontinued them. I had also order extra primer troughs and covers "just in case" for these old units so now I have a bunch of new parts that are absolutely useless and after explaining this to a customer service rep who was not going to do anything then I asked to speak with the supervisor with not much better luck; Lee still stuck it to me by paying the 1/2 price charge and the supervisor hid behind their warranty clause. On a good note though the new LM priming system works great with the mods found on youtube; not a single problem.

myg30
08-17-2013, 11:17 PM
Great for the money really. the new molds look really nice. Good luck and enjoy.

Mike

melloairman
08-18-2013, 08:33 PM
I spent 20 minutes prepping the mold this morning . Then I filled the pot and enjoyed the mid morning casting before it got to hot . Ended up with 5.75 pounds of 107 grain .3585 - .359 SWC . I had been sizing to .358 and they seem to chamber in both my rifles at this point with out the need of sizing .Marvin

jmort
08-18-2013, 08:54 PM
RobS

I understand your frustration, but if Lee Precision discontinues making something, can you really expect a better deal than 1/2 list price for new and better part/product? I have three old Auto Primes and pray they keep on ticking because they flat-out work. But no more parts available so when part breaks, I'll probably ask them nicely if I can get the new ultra-cool looking Ergo Prime for 1/2 list price, as I got two sets of shell holders, and some one-off back ups.

RobS
08-18-2013, 09:16 PM
RobS

I understand your frustration, but if Lee Precision discontinues making something, can you really expect a better deal than 1/2 list price for new and better part/product? I have three old Auto Primes and pray they keep on ticking because they flat-out work. But no more parts available so when part breaks, I'll probably ask them nicely if I can get the new ultra-cool looking Ergo Prime for 1/2 list price, as I got two sets of shell holders, and some one-off back ups.

I guess the part that I was not happy about is I had brand new primer troughs and trough covers to build 4 of the older priming systems (two small primer & 2 large primer) but could not order any of the old primer sliders. So in a sense the two newer priming systems I received from Lee for 1/2 price is still not half price. There goes the thought on stocking up on replacement parts.

They did give me a one time exemption from having to send in the old units on my dime after I told them I would take a picture of all the new, useless, discontinued parts along with the old priming units and also save them the trouble of filling their garbage. Typically Lee has done well for me regards; I call them up tell them the issue(s) and they send out replacement parts, end of story.

I guess it is, what it is.

jmort
08-18-2013, 09:18 PM
In the end I don't/can't disagree with you. Someone may want them.