PDA

View Full Version : Tom at Accurate mold: incredible!

40-82 hiker
08-17-2013, 12:26 PM
Based on what I have read on castboolits I ordered a mold from Accurate a little over a week ago. Their web site stated they have a four week backlog. Just yesterday, after only eight days, I got an email message stating my mold was finished and being shipped. Eight days!

I got a double cavity aluminum mold, as I could not afford the steel mold. It was a very good price, especially comparing the price to a mold (albeit steel) from anyone else.

Dan Cash
08-17-2013, 01:23 PM
Typical of Tom. People mistake aluminum moulds as being of reduced quality. I think this perception comes as a result of Lee moulds and all the hapy home gunsmithing that goes on with them to get a half way usable bullet. My first non Lee aluminum mould was a LBT. It was the nicest casting mould I ever used. I tried an Accurate mould in Aluminum and found the casting equal to the LBT, fast. flawless castings that are round and uniform in size from one cavity to another. You will like your Accurate mould.
Dan

41 mag fan
08-18-2013, 08:42 AM
You'll never look back....but you will look forward to buying your next mold off of Tom.

LynC2
08-18-2013, 09:18 AM
I ordered an Accurate mould in aluminum, a four cavity with two different boolits for my .357. It arrived here under two weeks and is a work of art. Beautiful craftsmanship and a joy to use. To say I am happy with it would be a gross understatement. I will most definitely be buying more of these jewels! [smilie=w:

RobS
08-18-2013, 10:44 AM
Tom is a busy man for sure and his work is excellent, price is fair, customer service is top notch, and his ability to provide this community a very valuable and honest experience has become a welcomed familiarity to those who have choosen Accurate Molds.

ColColt
08-18-2013, 09:37 PM
I have both aluminum and brass molds from Tom and both are excellent. Tom is one of the good guys and will bend over backwards to help you.

starreloader
08-18-2013, 10:06 PM
I recently received my 2 5-cav aluminum moulds from Tom... Although Tom's web-site says that there is a 4 week backlog this was not the case with my order.. From the time of payment until the 2 moulds were in my hands was only 11 days.. Accurate Molds will be getting more of my business, the service was top notch as is the 2 moulds.

Deep Six
08-18-2013, 10:07 PM
I've got two aluminum molds from Tom. One in .44 and one in .45. Best money I've spent on casting gear so far. If money weren't an issue I can think of 4 or 5 more right now that I'd like to have.

I really can't understand how he does completely custom molds for so cheap, so fast. He is definitely a great asset to the casting community!

Pooch
08-19-2013, 08:17 PM
I'm not here to bash LEE molds as I have a number of them and they have served me well. But after buying several molds from both Tom & Mountain molds, I'm spoiled.

geargnasher
08-19-2013, 08:40 PM
Ditto here, Pooch. I certainly don't mind paying a premium for such high quality. It seems that with so many things nowdays "high quality" is difficult to find at any price, and I'm very pleased when someone still cares to offer a product made about as good as it can possibly be made.

Gear

mikeym1a
08-19-2013, 09:21 PM
I'm not here to bash LEE molds as I have a number of them and they have served me well. But after buying several molds from both Tom & Mountain molds, I'm spoiled.

I've just ordered my first non-Lee moulds. It will be nice when they arrive. The Lee moulds are nice, and inexpensive. BUT, if they just paid a bit more attention to the finished product, I wouldn't feel bad about paying a bit more. For what I have paid for these two moulds, I could have bought 6 lee moulds. BUT, I'm tired of tinkering with them. I want a product that works the first time, without any fiddling. I look forward to my new moulds. :D

ColColt
08-19-2013, 09:37 PM
I ordered another from Tom for my 40-70SS. It reminded me of a Creedmoor bullet I saw that Paul Jones had designed. I'm sure it'll work great. I got it in a 2-cavity brass mould.

http://accuratemolds.com/bullet_detail.php?bullet=41-430S-D.png

40-82 hiker
08-19-2013, 09:49 PM
Geez! Give a guy a break. I almost mobbed the postman today looking for my mold, but alas, did not get it. The more posts I read responding to my initial one, the more I am getting impatient waiting for it!

Glad to hear such a positive response to Tom's products. That is why I ordered from him, based on comments such as these on castboolits. In fact, when I emailed him concerning the boolit I needed, he told me he already had one made that met my exact specifications. That was great for me!

BTW: I really like the email he sent regarding the "tracking number". Great sense of humor...

glockky
08-19-2013, 11:32 PM
Will Tom let you add a gas check to any of his molds?

GLL
08-20-2013, 12:14 AM
glockky:

Tom's catalog is just a "starting place". You can design whatever you want (within the limits of his machines) !
He will discuss what is and is not reasonable and draw up your design to your specs. It is then placed in the catalog for you to order.

If you see a design you already like and the gas check will fit I am sure Tom will draw it up for you !

Jerry

grubbylabs
08-20-2013, 12:15 AM
The only thing Tom does not do is HP and a true round nose. He is very user friendly and by all accounts quite happy to do as you ask with any mold. I have found that within hours,if not minutes he has what you are asking for in the catalogue and ready to order. And when it arrives it is a very nice looking and working mold. He is also quite informative about casting, I wish I could spend a few casting sessions with him as I am sure I would learn quite a bit.