PDA

View Full Version : Range day with the 03A3

rmcc
08-16-2013, 11:10 PM
Took the 03A3 to the farm today to put it on paper. Using a standard SR1 we use for the Garand matches, I put the first one in the 8 at about 5 o'clock. Adjusted up a little. Next one in the 7 at 10 o'clock. I thought whoops!! 3rd went same as second. Adjusted for windage and elevation. Next 2 in the 9 just touching the 10 at 12 noon. Had to leave after that but can't wait to work up a load for this rifle!! Have a couple hundred LC62 NM brass laying around so I think I know what it is going for now. More later.

rmcc

Scharfschuetze
08-17-2013, 10:33 PM
Great minds must think alike! I was just at the range a few days ago with another Castboolit member shooting one of my 1903s at SR 1 targets with LC 62 Match.

I hope your Springfield is as much fun and is as accurate as mine have been.

Jack Stanley
08-18-2013, 09:19 AM
I've had a chance to shoot several 1903A3 rifles mostly Remingtons but I did have a very nice Smith Corona for several years . All of them shot well and were very easy to find a load for and generally were not real fussy . Normally I could make one load and it would shoot well in all of them . I think you will enjoy the task ahead of you .

Jack

marvelshooter
08-18-2013, 09:31 AM
I had my Remington '03 at the range Friday and had a great time. I load a 311291 GC as cast lubed with LLA over 16 grains of 2400. I purposely set aside the ten worst boolits out of a batch and loaded and shot them and guess what? They shot exactly the same as the rest. With the original sights I get 2" groups at 80 yards on a good day.