PDA

View Full Version : Lyman 450 suprise

Hawkeye45
08-14-2013, 02:51 PM
I was sizing some 230 gr RN for my 45 last night when my Lyman 450 spit one of them out of the sizer die like it was shot from an air gun. It actually was a pocket of air that got compressed. I know I could avoid this by pouring in melted lube, but where is the fun without Sprises. LOL. :lol:

Mr. Ed.

fryboy
08-14-2013, 05:34 PM
i think mike wrote the other day ( on the thread about filling the sizer with chunks as opposed to stix or pouring ) something to the affect of burping , farting and something else all at the same time ( it was rather comical but entirely astute :P )

stars have a bleed valve ( erm screw or something ) to help alleviate this ,sadly they are alone in that regard ( to my current knowledge anyways ) i made a pusher ( slightly smaller wood dowel with a hole in the center ) to umm smush the new stick in , it doesnt get all of it all the time but it did cut down on umm pop-ups

ACrowe25
08-23-2013, 04:29 PM
:lol: same thing happened to me last night when using my ideal #1 for one of the first few times. I found it amusing and found a better reason to throw on a pair of safety goggles.