PDA

View Full Version : Free mold for newbie or needy - 125gr LEE 357 flat point, 6cav with handles

PWS
08-14-2013, 12:47 PM
For particulars, please see: http://castboolits.gunloads.com/forumdisplay.php?33-Benefit-Auctions-Sales

Hope to see a new caster or someone on a limited budget get this mold. It's well used but is still useful. Great bullet for inexpensive plinkin' and practice with a 38 or 357.

Post a note here and PM me with a ship-to address if you want it.

jagrube
08-14-2013, 01:08 PM
I'll take it. PM sent. Thank you

Trey45
08-14-2013, 01:44 PM
Lovely, brand new account whose only activity is GIMME IT!

jmort
08-14-2013, 02:51 PM
I hope the O/P sees fit to ferret out who could use it and deserves it. Nothing personal, but I'm hoping it is not post #2 unless he/she has a compelling case. I've never asked for or request anything for "free" but it makes sense to make the "free to good home" items to be given based on some merit or need, not based on a race or a "bum's rush."

roscottjr
08-14-2013, 04:13 PM
I do not have one yet but I am hoping to purchase a 38 in the near future sometime. I should be pretty good a casting by then. Don't want to jump up to grab this but I wouldn't turn it down either. It would come in handy when I purchase the gun. :-)

Rattlesnake Charlie
08-14-2013, 04:29 PM
jagrube is a newbie. A couple of weekends he reloaded his first .38 Specials under my guidance on my equipment. I have invited him back to learn to cast too. And, it was I who pointed him to the posting for the mold. He is a young guy with a new baby and short on funds to get started with. Why all the immediate negativity? What is it based on?

Trey45
08-14-2013, 04:51 PM
It's based on past precedent when people have offered something for nothing, a new account shows up, posts an I'll take it, and they are never heard from or seen again. How was anyone supposed to know this was a friend of yours? Seems to me it would be fairly obvious why there was immediate negativity.

All one has to do is read the PIF section to see the abuse of peoples good nature.

BrassMagnet
08-14-2013, 04:59 PM
jagrube is a newbie. A couple of weekends he reloaded his first .38 Specials under my guidance on my equipment. I have invited him back to learn to cast too. And, it was I who pointed him to the posting for the mold. He is a young guy with a new baby and short on funds to get started with. Why all the immediate negativity? What is it based on?

I'm glad to see he is a real person. Now point him toward the PIF section and the Die set Lotto!

Rattlesnake Charlie
08-14-2013, 05:23 PM
The original post contained a sentence reading "Hope to see a new caster or someone on a limited budget get this mold."

A "new caster" likely won't have too many posts here.

I understand the resentment of freeloaders in the past, but I hope we can maintain the attitude that all are innocent until proven guilty. It will not take long to sort out newbies from freeloaders. Let's not run the newbies off.

sirAIG
08-15-2013, 11:17 AM
ultimately, does it really matter if it is a "freeloader" who claims he will give it a good home and never uses the forum again? Whose to say he isnt using it? Also, whose to say that it has to make any of us feel badly if he doesnt join our community? This isnt the PIF forum. This is the "Take my nice stuff for free - I hope it can help you". The OP is doing an act of kindness that many people do indeed take for granted these days - but he is still doing his part. It is the recipient who ultimately holds the guilt/karma for what he choses to do.

In my opinion, if I am giving something free out to someone, I dont care if they have 2 posts, or 2,000. Once I have delivered something they felt they wanted and could not afford, I have done my good deed and can go on living anger free. It is not in my, nor the OP's, control to make sure whoever receives it does exactly as he wishes.

This is not a post giving praise to those who take selfishly, this is to praise those who GIVE selflessly. Give it to whomever you see fit, and live tomorrow feeling that you have done a good thing in the world. That is how life should be lived, in my opinion.

roscottjr
08-15-2013, 11:24 AM
I vote jagrube as recipient. If it goes to me instead, I will just send it to him.

Robert

bangerjim
08-15-2013, 12:28 PM
My............we are sure desparate for a simple $40 item! [smilie=b: 6cav Lee's are not that expensive......just buy one. $40 (+ handles) to get into a hobby......err..... addiction..... is not much to invest. That way you get the one you REALLY want and need.

(still cannot understand why they make 'em without handles!) I guess it is as "Yogert" from "Spacesballs" said......"Moichendizing"

It is truely commendable of PWS to offer it up. Great bunch of people on here. :smile:

I have 8 of 'em...........and twelve 2 holers.

If we were debating about one of those heavy boat anchors made of steel or brass, then that would be a differnt story.

It is certainly sad that all the "lerkers" out there do not join in the fun and contribute and have posts to thier name. Just look at the hundreds of "guests" that are logged on at any one time! One look and I was hooked. Excellent source of questions and answers from all over the globe on almost every topic you can think of.

Love it.

bangerjim :guntootsmiley:

PWS
08-16-2013, 07:30 PM
Mold has been sent. I'd especially like to thank dieguy59 from the original thread, not only for buying it with a donation to the site but also giving it to somebody who could use it.

jmort
08-16-2013, 08:10 PM
"...it was I who pointed him to the posting for the mold"

Then he should have said so. Sounds like he would be a good candidate for the mold, but to register and merely say "give me something for nothing" raises red flags. How about:

"Hi, this is my first post here, Rattlesnake Charlie told me about the site and pointed out the opportunity of a free mold for a new caster who could really use it. Love this site and thank you for the opportunity to get into this new hobby. Wife and I just had a baby and this is a God-Send."

Or, what we got, which was nothing but "give it to me and I just registered and this is my first post." I'm surprised that anyone could not see how it looks.

dieguy59
08-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Welcome a board jagrube! Glad you found something to help you start out in tough times. Thanks also Rattlesnake Charlie for stepping up to mentor someone.

Hamish
08-16-2013, 08:19 PM
"I'll take it. PM sent. Thank you "

Some of you folks know better than to act like this.

dieguy59
08-16-2013, 08:27 PM
Guys, let's ease up a bit. I have seen so many grand welcomes given on this great sight. I know people are a little on edge, but I shudder to think how eloquent my first post might have seemed to someone who learned to cast from his gramps or a helpful uncle, etc. There is such a strong sense of community here, lets focus on supporting each other or we could turn the new subject of this thread into a self fulfilling prophecy. IMHO

500MAG
08-16-2013, 08:29 PM
I have a Lee .358 lube & sizing die I would be glad to give him to start if he needs it.

jmort
08-16-2013, 09:50 PM
"Some of you folks know better than to act like this."

What specifically was impolitic?

Fishman
08-16-2013, 11:20 PM
Welcome Jagrube. Some of us are a little crusty around the edges but dont let that worry you. That is an excellent mould design.