PDA

View Full Version : Primers

Rex
08-14-2013, 10:01 AM
The Sidney Cabela's store had a large supply of primers yesterday. All sizes and some choice of brands.............$40.00 a throw. Glad I didn't need any. Powder was pretty sparce though.

Kermit2
08-15-2013, 08:03 AM
A buddy and I went to a gun show last weekend. Hope I don't jinx us...but...I think things might be improving a little. I noted there were primers for sale from several vendors. They might not be the specific brand you wanted, but there alternate brands of the type you needed. Not all powders were available, but a fair selection was. Noticed that ammo was available although 9mm hollow point duty ammo was still in short supply and pricey. Didn't see folks grabbing ammo by the case lots and panic buying. Things seemed more normal. We both noted that there was quite a bit of .22 LR ammo available, but all priced ridiculously high. We also both observed that folks were not buying it and it was just SITTING! I was glad to see folks not paying those stupidly high prices for .22 ammo. Don't mean to be hateful, but I hope the dealers who jacked their .22 ammo prices out of sight get stuck and lose money on it. ;-)

Rattlesnake Charlie
08-15-2013, 08:38 AM
My buddy jagrube and I each both bought a carton of small pistol over the phone at The Gun Guys in Ottawa, KS on Tuesday. He picked his up on the way home and I'll pick mine up this weekend on my way to Cabelas and Bass Pro Shop in Kansas City.

newton
08-15-2013, 04:30 PM
Cabelas here in NWA has stock also. But it comes and goes. Prices on Primers are around the $40 mark. Some lower, but not lower than $35. Powder seems to be still on price as it was last year.

All in all it does not seem to have changed from last year. Supply has though, lol. There are other shops which have components in also, but they are higher $45+.

btroj
08-17-2013, 04:52 PM
http://i1348.photobucket.com/albums/p733/Btroj/2c54ce3379bc95a8aa0839425d856990_zps2707c9ad.jpg (http://s1348.photobucket.com/user/Btroj/media/2c54ce3379bc95a8aa0839425d856990_zps2707c9ad.jpg.h tml)

Scheels in Coralville IA has lots and lots of small pistol CCI primers at 40 per K. They ad a few large pistol too. I don't need any at that price.

Seems primers are starting to surface in Ia and NE more often these days. Now if prices would just back off a bit.

denul
08-17-2013, 05:02 PM
Tula SP were available at the Lexington, KY gun show 2 weeks ago at $29 per thousand, RP were mid 30's, and all were in good supply. I picked up 1 k of S&B , for $33; never tried those before.

kbstenberg
08-17-2013, 05:14 PM
Btroj seeing that many primers sends shivers up my spine.

btroj
08-17-2013, 05:16 PM
Mine too. I just got a heap of Tula from Powder Valley so I wasn't too emotional.....

Idz
08-17-2013, 05:16 PM
Best way to ensure primers are available is to vote next year for Congressmen who will keep an eye on President Osama

Rex
08-18-2013, 10:41 AM
btroj,
Thanks for the pretty picture. I like seeing a stack like that. I see you are from the east end of NE., if you get out west sometime stop in and I'll buy you a tall cool at Ole's.
Rex

GabbyM
08-18-2013, 02:47 PM
Sinclair sent me the LRM Remington's they stuck on back order back when this rush began. 6 months?
No additional shipping or hazmat charges. So I'm a happy customer. They don't list any on there sight so I guess they are still filling back orders.

mold maker
08-18-2013, 03:59 PM
Best way to ensure primers are available is to vote next year for Congressmen who will keep an eye on President Osama

And than keep a real close eye on them.. They don't always do what they claim.

fcvan
08-20-2013, 04:14 PM
At 40 bucks a thousand, I hope they sit there for a while. I know the store probably used a normal mark up and the distributor is the one jacking them up. Still, I'd like to see folks sending a message to the distributors via the cash register by way of the retailer. It won't likely happen though.

Still, it is good to see inventory hitting the shelves. A few weeks ago, the Medford Oregon Sportsman's Warehouse had 5k of everything but large rifle. It didn't last long but they did get some in and they were the same price as last fall. More and more it would seem things are beginning to cool off and normalize.

abqcaster
08-21-2013, 12:32 PM
I was able to get 8# of AA5 and 3k Tula primers at Powder Valley a couple of weeks ago. Prices were very reasonable. Taken at bulk bulk quantities the prices were only a couple of buck more than pre-pannic prices. I think gougers are gonna start feeling a crush and liquidate at a loss really soon.

Iowa Fox
08-21-2013, 01:04 PM
Scheels in Coralville used to buy their primers from Crow Shooting supply in Brooklyn, Iowa. So did Bob's shooting supply in Monroe Iowa.

Brownells in Montezuma purchased Crow when they sold out about 3 years ago so they are now the distributor for the area. Brownells did not raise prices to Scheels or Bob's. Scheels is just taking more profit than the other folks. Bob's is probably the largest component retailer by volume sold in the state of Iowa.

btroj
08-21-2013, 08:34 PM
Hmmm, I should find Monroe next time we are in that area. We were dropping my daughter off at U of Iowa and stopped at Scheels to take a look see.

I just got a heap of Tula primers from Powder Valley so I don't really need any pistol primers right now.

TXGunNut
08-25-2013, 10:02 AM
Scored some primers yesterday @ Cabelas, was getting low on LR and LP primers. Price was $38-40/1000 so I'm glad I had some points to blow. Had shotgun shells for $70/case.

merlin101
08-25-2013, 10:39 AM
I saw a local dealer here in NY makeing a big deal that he had primers, and he'll keep them at $75 per 1000! I will NEVER buy anything from that slime ball, NEVER!