PDA

View Full Version : Foggy optics tips or tricks?

KYShooter73
08-12-2013, 09:58 PM
As you can see from my name, I live in Kentucky. We always say if you don't like the weather here, wait 5 minutes and it will change. Lately if it ain't raining, the sun is blazing...1000% humidity. Anybody have any good tips or tricks for keeping your optics from fogging? Externally I mean. I have good glass, not crazy high dollar, but Leopold, Nikon, Eotech, Vortex, etc. Any tips out there for temperature changes or high humidity?

300blk
08-12-2013, 11:54 PM
You'll laugh. Spit. Rinsed with water. It works awesome for shooting Glasses my eotech and diving goggles.

Artful
08-14-2013, 08:04 PM
spit works well on scuba masks as does just shampoo rinse (let dry and buff off), but my scope came with a cloth just for this due to the lens coatings so that's what I use on all my lenses.

Skirmisher
08-15-2013, 07:27 AM
An old meat cutters trick: use a dry bar of soap and mark up the lenses, polish clean with a dry soft cloth.

376Steyr
08-15-2013, 05:41 PM
Head for your local scuba diving shop and get a bottle of mask anti-fog solution for around $5. Or you could buy it on line. Not sure if it works any better than spit, but at least you won't have chunks of RedMan stuck to the outside of your lenses.

clownbear69
08-15-2013, 06:06 PM
You'll laugh. Spit. Rinsed with water. It works awesome for shooting Glasses my eotech and diving goggles.

I do the same been doing this for years

KYShooter73
08-15-2013, 06:27 PM
Thanks folks. Think Ill try the soap or anti fog spray....if that don't work I can always spit. I might want to step out my door and shoot a varmint...no time to spit and rub. Inside temp vs outside temp and humidity = instant fog.

huntrick64
08-18-2013, 07:56 AM
Parker's Perfect Solution lens cleaner. You're already cleaning them regularly (or should be) why not use a cleaner that has an anti-fogging agent in it? I use this stuff on my optics and it works. My wife wants to use it to clean the bathroom mirror, but It is a little too expensive to do that, but not too expensive for lens work.