PDA

View Full Version : drying time

krallstar
08-12-2013, 10:48 AM
How long do you let boolits dry before loading. I am trying pan lubed using speed green as per instructions 1 to 3 beeswax. Seemed too slick so have slowly added 2 more ounces of beeswax. Problem was after lubing and waiting till the next day, i would load a boolit in the case and do the push test and they would move into the case. Thinking maybe not letting lube dry enough.

08-12-2013, 11:22 AM
Lube should be slippery. Try and get better (tighter) neck tension.

Sensai
08-12-2013, 12:04 PM
I don't understand how you're getting any "drying". My SG doesn't dry, what you see is what you get. I'm not sure that your problem has anything to do with your lube. Normally boolit tension (neck tension) is a factor of the fit of boolit to case neck. You didn't say what cartridge you're loading, so details are a little too sketchy to give good advice. Generally, I would say to measure your boolit diameter and your case mouth with the idea of making the case mouth internal dimension .001" to .002" smaller than your boolit diameter.

mdi
08-12-2013, 12:49 PM
I don't think the "push test" has anything to do with bullet lube. If you can move a bullet in the case look elsewhere for the solution. Neck tension (sizing and expander size) and bullet diameter (undersize bullets) should be checked.