PDA

View Full Version : Time is getting short until fried grouse.

Wolfer
08-11-2013, 10:13 AM
I've got a couple friends that are bow hunting for elk in colo this year. I don't do the stick and string thing but I said I'd go along and keep us in camp meat. I generally use my 45 colt but after sixshot's posts last year I shot one with my 32 mag. Looking forward to giving it a better workout this year.
I've had good luck with the 45 shooting lees 452-255 RF. doesn't tear up much meat and anchors them with authority. Of course I'll be taking it too but plan on using the 32 the most.
I fry the grouse, fry some taters, mix it together in a burrito and dip it in white gravy. You can't buy this in a restaurant around here!

Where is Sixshot?

runfiverun
08-11-2013, 10:51 AM
he had back surgery not too long ago and is just coming out of re-hab.
I think he had to miss the bear hunting this spring, but is getting back to being able to walk without out a cane on good ground.
hopefully he will be well enough to get some grouse hunting in this fall.

sixshot
08-11-2013, 11:14 AM
Actually we did bear hunt this spring (got one) although I couldn't get more than 20 feet from the 4 wheeler because of my back. I'm now wearing a brace on my right foot & things are getting much better.
Last week I was on a Huckleberry safari & saw several grouse, they were about the size of doves but in 3 weeks they'll be frying pan size & me & my trusty 32 maggie will be knee deep in feathers (probably ankles) we also have 5 elk tags to fill, hoping to have a great fall season.

Dick

Wolfer
08-11-2013, 11:21 AM
Sixshot, good to hear from you and glad your doing better. Keep us posted. Woody

dale2242
08-12-2013, 08:29 AM
My great grand daughter and I took a ride up in the hills hoping to find a bear in a berry patch the other day.
No bear found but we did see a few quail and grouse. Sept. 1 is the opener. I can`t wait....dale

Greg
08-12-2013, 09:46 PM
Sixshot-

glad to hear that your healing up